Future of the Pyramid

Winslow Leach

14 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Were the Stones announced on? Genuinely can't remember.

I remember the introduction made me cry. I seem to recall that they played a clip of a an interview that Michael did on the farm with John Humphries on the Radio 4 Today programme (I think). They were on the pyramid and JH saying something like ‘in x weeks time the Rolling Stones will be playing on here’ and Michael saying something like ‘yes I can’t wait, it’s taken over 40 years but they are finally playing’. And then the recording is interrupted by Mick saying something like’ We are very grateful for the invite Michael, it has been a long time and we can’t wait to play.......’ and then bang, straight into Jumping Jack Flash....!

am I making this up in my mind.....?

12 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

I remember the introduction made me cry. I seem to recall that they played a clip of a an interview that Michael did on the farm with John Humphries on the Radio 4 Today programme (I think). They were on the pyramid and JH saying something like ‘in x weeks time the Rolling Stones will be playing on here’ and Michael saying something like ‘yes I can’t wait, it’s taken over 40 years but they are finally playing’. And then the recording is interrupted by Mick saying something like’ We are very grateful for the invite Michael, it has been a long time and we can’t wait to play.......’ and then bang, straight into Jumping Jack Flash....!

am I making this up in my mind.....?

6 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Well it seems like I did make most of it up ??. Thanks for the reminder 

My only defence is that i was pissed and emotional close to the front..........and I hadn’t seen this bit on tape before. 

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Seeing how R&L have now got those wrapping edge to edge screens. I wonder how screens like this could come to Glasto. I definitely think Pyramid, Other etc could do with bigger screens.

I suspect if they did do that, people would just make bigger flags to block them

On 8/21/2019 at 5:12 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Were the Stones announced on? Genuinely can't remember.

Yes. They played the drum track that they would have had played by live drummers then the announcement. 

“Please welcome to the Pyramid stage, the Rolling Stones”

*Cue Jumping Jack Flash and the rest is history 

Just now, Slugworth said:

Yes. They played the drum track that they would have had played by live drummers then the announcement. 

“Please welcome to the Pyramid stage, the Rolling Stones”

*Cue Jumping Jack Flash and the rest is history 

by live drummers on their tour 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 7:53 PM, fatyeti24 said:

Anyone got the whole gig on video?  I remember it being around shortly after the gig but I can't find my copy.

Sure do! They didn’t transmit the entire show in HD though so it’s only 576i but I’m happy to share it if someone will let me know how.. I also have the second half of the show in 1080i ?

On 8/24/2019 at 10:22 AM, Matt42 said:

Seeing how R&L have now got those wrapping edge to edge screens. I wonder how screens like this could come to Glasto. I definitely think Pyramid, Other etc could do with bigger screens.

These screens would be amazing on the Pyramid, visuals are such a big part of headliner level performances now.

On 8/24/2019 at 11:22 AM, Matt42 said:

Those screens were honestly incredible at Reading - crazy good quality 

The barriers were great too, a front bit and a middle bit, then the rest of the crowd. It made a difference to how busy it got during headliners if you wanted to get forward