Future of the Pyramid

Winslow Leach

It's fine as it is, a few tweaks could be done to improve things. 

Screen behind the sound desk 

No flags or camping chairs allowed in front of the crush barrier

Paint it gold for the 50th.

Video's & Messages to encourage people to tidy rubbish around them up between sets.

Edited by Penrhos

1 hour ago, topmarksbri said:

Is it a licensing thing which means they can't put stuff on Weds/Thurs? More and more people come on Wednesday these days and I'm always surprised they don't put on any more entertainment. Would be cool to see a smaller band/dj play on one of those days and getting a huge turn out.

I think it's a noise thing. But also, they do still need to spread out arrivals a bit. Plenty of people still arrive Wednesday night, Thursday, and a few still on the Friday morning. 

3 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

I know it cant happen but love the production at BST

https://youtu.be/o5Vm5TBZ5Ak

Yeah the screen wraparound thing is really cool, Coachella had something similar this year too. Don’t see how it’d work on the Pyramid, unless they filled in the gaps between the sides of the stage and where the current screens are, and they’d also have to dump the balconies where famouses stand, but it’d be awesome if they could find a way.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

I think the gap between audience barrier and stage has got too big, on many stages. Of course there needs to be room for security and cameras, but seeing footage from the band's perspective, and the crowd look so far away.

Maybe they ought to think about a more permanent ego ramp too. Download have one and it's nice for the band to come down a bit closer to the crowd for a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I think the gap between audience barrier and stage has got too big, on many stages. Of course there needs to be room for security and cameras, but seeing footage from the band's perspective, and the crowd look so far away.

Maybe they ought to think about a more permanent ego ramp too. Download have one and it's nice for the band to come down a bit closer to the crowd for a bit.

This has been worked on a bit over the last few years,  we have a b stage in the middle of the stage and the bands can use the ramps to go near the screens on both sides.

I do think eventually Glastonbury will have to upgrade the pyramid In some ways as eventually as technology gets better it will show its age. Already it takes a lot of effort to fit productions from headliners onto the stage.

In the next 10 years I think we will see some sort of revamp 

1 hour ago, brettredmayne said:

This has been worked on a bit over the last few years,  we have a b stage in the middle of the stage and the bands can use the ramps to go near the screens on both sides.

I do think eventually Glastonbury will have to upgrade the pyramid In some ways as eventually as technology gets better it will show its age. Already it takes a lot of effort to fit productions from headliners onto the stage.

In the next 10 years I think we will see some sort of revamp 

its getting a lighting upgrade for the 50th anniversary :) 

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2019 at 7:09 AM, Mr.Tease said:

I do miss the announcers between sets, added a more human touch to the proceedings 

"We've got another missing child....Johnny is looking for his parents. If you have a 6-year old named Johnny, short brown hair...please come collect him at the left of pyramid at the water aid station" 

1 hour ago, tevaburger said:

"We've got another missing child....Johnny is looking for his parents. If you have a 6-year old named Johnny, short brown hair...please come collect him at the left of pyramid at the water aid station" 

Good times!