The future of John Peel

BluePaul

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Sorry, I don't think there is agreement that we shouldn't remove people's names from things because their actions don't fit with modern moral sensibilities.

I think it's incredibly controversial. See Confederate statues in the US for example.

Oh I see, when I said 'we' I thought eFestivals and me, not the general we of society, and then I edited it and removed it because actually I wasn't sure if were agreeing or not, haha :) 

But I agree it is really controversial at the moment, like the confederate statues, and that's a whole massive barrel of worms to open right there!

23 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Oh I see, when I said 'we' I thought eFestivals and me, not the general we of society, and then I edited it and removed it because actually I wasn't sure if were agreeing or not, haha :) 

But I agree it is really controversial at the moment, like the confederate statues, and that's a whole massive barrel of worms to open right there!

Ahhh, I understand now! Personally I'm undecided on the name of the tent.

Anyway, screens would probably work better in the new location. And at least some better ice cream sellers than the standard van.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Ahhh, I understand now! Personally I'm undecided on the name of the tent.

Anyway, screens would probably work better in the new location. And at least some better ice cream sellers than the standard van.

Yeah, I'm not sure about screens either way, or why it matters tbh? The biggest problem for me is the size of some of the headliners they've had could easily have played elsewhere and let more people watch them, but then maybe that's the point of it, that excitement of getting in or not, reminds me of a Friday night when I was 16, fake ID in tow

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Meanwhile, Twitter is having a similar discussion, in a predictably less civil way:

I’d love to get a reaction from this bloke to that post on here yesterday which basically said that anyone claiming they don’t have an impulse making them want to touch kids is in denial about it like Catholic priests.

4 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I’d love to get a reaction from this bloke to that post on here yesterday which basically said that anyone claiming they don’t have an impulse making them want to touch kids is in denial about it like Catholic priests.

I was the one who mentioned the Catholic Church yesterday.  But rather than hoping for a reaction from someone else, why not just jump in with one yourself?  (Top tip: if you click the 'quote' button under that post, you won't need to paraphrase what I actually wrote - you're obviously not good at that.)

Just now, Mark E. Spliff said:

I was the one who mentioned the Catholic Church yesterday.  But rather than hoping for a reaction from someone else, why not just jump in with one yourself?  (Top tip: if you click the 'quote' button under that post, you won't need to paraphrase what I actually wrote - you're obviously not good at that.)

It left me so baffled I couldn’t be bothered, to be quite honest.

On 7/13/2019 at 6:38 PM, Rose-Colored Boy said:

It left me so baffled I couldn’t be bothered, to be quite honest.

That's roughly how I felt about it- wasn't sure if I was misreading it, so decided to walk away in case I was

• Upvote 1