Stern drugs talk before entering Gate B

UEF

18 hours ago, Madyaker said:

In one way the soft security on entry is great but in another way it’s slightly worrying. I bring a 90ltr rucksack to glasto and it’s never even been opened by security now 3 glastos. People can literally bring in whatever they like and maybe I’m missing something but it seems to me that if someone wanted to kill a lot of people glasto would be an easy target no? Maybe the police have advanced counter intelligence operations these days that can nip this stuff in the bud so they don’t need to search everyone, I have no idea but out of any festival I’ve been to glasto definitely has the most relaxed security guards and the smallest police presence.

Do people think they’re just hoping for the best re terrorism or is there a bigger plan in action that we can’t see?

A Terrorist would surely target the queue rather than the festival though right? saves £250 on a ticket and the risk of a security check whilst still targeting a densely populated area. 

20 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

The bag checks were very full on this year I thought. We used Gate A mostly.

I was one of the first through PGA and at that time they were giving smaller bags a right old sift through, but my big bag pack was hardly looked at. A senior steward was making some noise about each table into the gate having a dedicated “searcher” so they’re a particular team, it seems. 

Didn’t see anyone like this Tony clown. 

33 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I went through gate A at 11.00am and just got asked "any glass?" while he patted down my bag and tent bag, I replied "no" and then I was in. My quickest and easiest entry so far :) 

This is what it’s been like for me every year

My mate had his camping cuttlery taken off him after a search. The same security guard also tried to take his box of wine off him as it had a picture of a glass bottle on. Anyway, this security guard's supervisor gave my mate his cuttlery back whilst the other guy's back was turned.

Edited by StLewi

1 hour ago, Kalopsia said:

I went through gate A at 11.00am and just got asked "any glass?" while he patted down my bag and tent bag, I replied "no" and then I was in. My quickest and easiest entry so far :) 

Same for us. That queue was massive and even opening each bag a tiny bit would have taken ages.

I saw some other guards would search 1 in 20 people. No extensively but going at least halfway through their bags.