T DAY

Cheddar Valley

Been going for many years but this yead didn't get onto booking page I had to rely on somebody else.  What do we all feel about ticket day??  Many years I battered f5 then after looking on this website many tech people saying see had now put in place a system where if you refreshed too quickly you would be put back to holding page.  Is this true??  People who got tickets how did it work for you??

Already panicking about October and wanna be clear in my mind what I should do on the day

Thanks 

i literally refresh probably once a second , just keep it steady , ,any quicker and I don;t think it has time to reload plus I would probably skip past if a page did load, last year I got tickets but hadn;t seen a page for years before that so my method is certainly not tried and tested

Sorry I can't help.  This year I tried both coach and general and then both again in resale.  Not a sniff of getting a  buying page.  Thankfully, someone else got my tickets this year.  

But yeah, already worried for T-day.   When do we think it's likely to be?  6th?  13th?  I am due to be on holiday around then!!  I feel I will miss either the coach or the general sale.  But maybe will be lucky from abroad?

I have already identified an alternative festival to attend just in case I am unlucky.

31 minutes ago, Cheddar Valley said:

I cant imagine going to a different festival.  I think once youve been to Glasto everything else doesn't compare 

Oh I wouldn't expect it to be the same - it's a very small one so would be completely different.  But different can be good too. For instance I love Bearded Theory in a completely different way to Glasto. And any festival is better than nothing!

20 hours ago, Cheddar Valley said:

Many years I battered f5 then after looking on this website many tech people saying see had now put in place a system where if you refreshed too quickly you would be put back to holding page.  Is this true??

Yes...true.  Try it for yourself now...open www.glastonbury.seetickets.com and hit F5 more than 60 times within a minute...you should get the dreaded holding page...which won't disappear until your F5 rate falls below 60/minute.

On ticket day you won't know whether the holding page you get is because it really is busy, or because you are thrashing the life out of your F5 key. 

21 hours ago, Cheddar Valley said:

People who got tickets how did it work for you??

Had at least 45+ devices split between 18 of us in October, nothing. Got through once in April resale by an old phone with one bar of 3G. Just steadily F5 and hope for that glorious booking page.

6 of us with a load of devices, WiFi, 4g, vpn etc, all in different locations geographically, not a sniff. 

Resale, had a lot more trying on the groups behalf. 2 of us got to put in the groups reg numbers and postcodes (between 9am and 9.10)..proceeded to be told 'no such event'. Got to do this solidly and got the same message for about 10 mins until it sold out. Thought we were going! If you get to the page to enter you details, it really should lock you in... Serious heartache! Ahhhhhhh

Roll on October! 

Stop giving me the fear! I figured I’ve got 2.5 months before I start to get really obsessed about T-day! 

I travelled through Bristol airport the other day in this years glasto T-shirt and got talking to two separate groups of people because of it and both of them gave me options for working next year if I don’t get tickets. So wear your T-shirts peeps, you never know what conversations it’ll start and where you’ll end up!

3 hours ago, Skelts said:

Stop giving me the fear! I figured I’ve got 2.5 months before I start to get really obsessed about T-day! 

I travelled through Bristol airport the other day in this years glasto T-shirt and got talking to two separate groups of people because of it and both of them gave me options for working next year if I don’t get tickets. So wear your T-shirts peeps, you never know what conversations it’ll start and where you’ll end up!

I wore my 2017 T shirt to an IDLES gig and the drummers mum told me they were playing this year.

Succeeded 14 times, however 12th one on the resale and 14th only through the generosity of others did I eventually get a ticket, so feel I’m on a slippery slope.

Failure last October was a dreadful experience but determination does pay off, despite only one of our groups succeeding last October, everyone who persisted did eventually get to go (But that included 9 who worked and another 2 as their guests). 

October 6th likely to be the best day of the year, or the worst. I wish I could be more chilled about the outcome! 

We're already planning for T-Day.

1) Checked all our reg numbers and pictures are OK.

2) Emailed said list of reg numbers to each other.

3) Made sure no-one is booking holidays away on estimated T-Day.

4) Warned our friends "That would never go to Glastonbury" that they will be needed on T-Day to press F5 and enter our numbers (and i'll supply card details if needed)

5) Making sure I'll have enough in the bank to cover 14 deposits.

I'm bricking it....

On 7/9/2019 at 9:57 PM, Harry_W01 said:

T-day was horrible for me (general and resale) I some how got the most amazing luck and got a coach resale ticket in London, and I spent 2 days there leading to the best weekend of my life!

I like this. Getting a coach ticket from the other side of the country. I'd do the same thing if it came to it.

wow... credit to those who have ticket groups organised already ... ive still some decisions to make on this ... its me and one friend that im concerned about ..... others not so much .... I dont know if i should join up with someone on here who planned the T day with military precision ... or friends who I dont know how hard they will try .... but then if I split off from them and they get them ... aargh my head hurts and its only July :( 

On 7/10/2019 at 6:12 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

Succeeded 14 times, however 12th one on the resale and 14th only through the generosity of others did I eventually get a ticket, so feel I’m on a slippery slope.

Failure last October was a dreadful experience but determination does pay off, despite only one of our groups succeeding last October, everyone who persisted did eventually get to go (But that included 9 who worked and another 2 as their guests). 

October 6th likely to be the best day of the year, or the worst. I wish I could be more chilled about the outcome! 

How do you attend as a guest of someone working?

I’ll be using the same ticket group I did this year and in 2017. I’ve been saved both years. I’m well overdue some luck in getting through myself. 

I intend for next year to be the last for a while, personally. I’ll be aiming to take my partner and if successful, tickets (to her first) will be part of her 40th birthday present so quite a lot riding on it. 

T-Day fills me with excitement and dread.