gigpusher

Fitness for Glasto 2021

Went out for a lovely ride last night.  We've worked out a couple of routes that take about an hour so we stay within the reasonable usage policy, but still getting out into the fields a bit.  Roads are so quiet, it's just nice not feeling like we're about to get mown down :D

Have gone from barely running at all, to running 27km in 3 days. Fancy a run again today, but don’t know whether I should in terms of muscles / rest . Anyone smarter than me able to tell me?

1 hour ago, chemica said:

Have gone from barely running at all, to running 27km in 3 days. Fancy a run again today, but don’t know whether I should in terms of muscles / rest . Anyone smarter than me able to tell me?

I used to go for a 45-min run every day and I was fine, but it's up to you. If you're new to it, maybe have a day off?

Aye, muscle and fitness would be fine but ligaments and tendons might take a while to acclimatise to the repeated strain

41 minutes ago, Quark said:

Aye, muscle and fitness would be fine but ligaments and tendons might take a while to acclimatise to the repeated strain

Maybe this is whats happened to me. I've got a pain which feels like it's in between the bone and my calf muscle, on the inside. Don't feel it normally but was hurting a lot while running on weds, and absolutely kills if I'm sitting on a chair and tuck my leg under me. I've no idea how people run every day! I'm definitely missing spin classes...

Edited by Sasperella

Hey runners! The running channel have got a good running specific HIIT session that needs no equipment and can be done in your living room. I'd use a mat though, I sweated buckets. Would ruin the carpet if I did that every day.

22 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Maybe this is whats happened to me. I've got a pain which feels like it's in between the bone and my calf muscle, on the inside. Don't feel it normally but was hurting a lot while running on weds, and absolutely kills if I'm sitting on a chair and tuck my leg under me. I've no idea how people run every day! I'm definitely missing spin classes...

Sounds like you have shin splints 😩 I get them with overuse. Rest a few days and try again with lower mileage. Build it up slowly and you should be ok. If it comes back rest longer and try again 😁 I'm sure someone else will have more experienced advice but it worked for me.