Jump to content

Fitness for Glasto 2021


Recommended Posts

just tried my first effort of skipping .... and  reminded myself why I dont skip ... Also did a 20min session on the turbo trainer and realised next time I need to set up a fan :) 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Close but no cigar. 1:55:51 was the time, kept pace with the 1:50 marker until about 10 miles in, but legs gave out. I knew the hills were coming but they just finished me off! Still, the target

Guys, thanks so much for all the kind words! Glad you enjoyed the blue dot watching. Legs are sooooo drained today, my left foot and right ankle I twisted coming down Scafell have been happier, but th

Did couch to 5km on treadmill, ending in 5km in 30 mins. went outside this morning did 5km in 26:25, happy days

Posted Images

On 3/24/2020 at 3:54 PM, Padgey said:

Is anybody doing the Joe Wicks workout with their kids at 9 o'clock each morning?  Good bit of fun and great seeing my 3 year old doing the exercises, it's like a little bonus workout each day. 

Im doing this day 3 and i cant actually move! Is this a good thing! Now i remember why i bunked off PE at school.

i do get what people say about him making but this is free and inhave bought his books mainly because alot of his food i can i eat which is quite hard to find when you have certain allergies! 
I might be fit for glastonbury 2021! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Im doing this day 3 and i cant actually move! Is this a good thing! Now i remember why i bunked off PE at school.

i do get what people say about him making but this is free and inhave bought his books mainly because alot of his food i can i eat which is quite hard to find when you have certain allergies! 
I might be fit for glastonbury 2021! 

There's some tougher moves if going from nothing to starting to workout but it isn't too bad, if you're aching it's probably working.

I guess some people just don't like the guy and have a problem with him making a buck or two, he's not forcing anyone to buy his books by giving these sessions for free but if people do it's a bonus for him, fair play I say.

Link to post
Share on other sites

hey fitness crew - haven't checked in for a few days, been out for my government permitted daily exercise the last few days just doing slow 10k's, not sure what to do about marathon training but currently debating still running 26.2miles around some quiet streets here on april 19th as planned, but I even feel a bit guilty as its going to take ~3.45hrs, guess ill see where we're at in the next few weeks.

stay healthy! stay safe! x

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Im doing this day 3 and i cant actually move! Is this a good thing! Now i remember why i bunked off PE at school.

i do get what people say about him making but this is free and inhave bought his books mainly because alot of his food i can i eat which is quite hard to find when you have certain allergies! 
I might be fit for glastonbury 2021! 

I'm doing the Joe Wicks 7 days of sweat on top of my usual running and am actually struggling to walk down the stairs today... in a good way.

Who knew 20 minutes could make such a difference! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stunning day in London, though wasn't really feeling the 5k run this morning for some reason (still got it done). Going to do a pump class at home tomorrow I think then go and do a longer run on Sat morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With a lack of any real gym equipment at home I’ve had a hard time motivating myself to do anything thus far and instead have smoked a bunch of weed, played games, watched TV and ate a lot of shite..., but gonna try and get some big gallon water bottles and use them as some kind of weight/do a bit of body weight stuff as I’m already starting to feel like bollocks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

With a lack of any real gym equipment at home I’ve had a hard time motivating myself to do anything thus far and instead have smoked a bunch of weed, played games, watched TV and ate a lot of shite..., but gonna try and get some big gallon water bottles and use them as some kind of weight/do a bit of body weight stuff as I’m already starting to feel like bollocks.

see the vid posted by Quark back 1 page ... might be of use 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

With a lack of any real gym equipment at home I’ve had a hard time motivating myself to do anything thus far and instead have smoked a bunch of weed, played games, watched TV and ate a lot of shite..., but gonna try and get some big gallon water bottles and use them as some kind of weight/do a bit of body weight stuff as I’m already starting to feel like bollocks.

I took a £14 punt (inc postage) here:
 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

What a time to get hip bursitis 😣 what am I gonna do now!

 

I didn't even know you could get that!!  I've had it in the elbow and it REALLY wasn't fun :(

That sucks Dee.  Obviously no running, but is it stopping you walking as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, grilladelphia said:

hey fitness crew - haven't checked in for a few days, been out for my government permitted daily exercise the last few days just doing slow 10k's, not sure what to do about marathon training but currently debating still running 26.2miles around some quiet streets here on april 19th as planned, but I even feel a bit guilty as its going to take ~3.45hrs, guess ill see where we're at in the next few weeks.

stay healthy! stay safe! x

 

 

If some people don't start taking this more seriously I suspect by then you won't be able to. Yesterday when we went to the park with our dogs there was people sat on all the benches, groups of lads out, people with Digital SLR's just taking photos. It was so hard to keep our distance that this morning we went at 6am. I suspect if they continue we'll have the much more serious Spanish style lockdown where you can only go either 500 metres or 1km away from your home and that's only for essential shopping or if you have a dog that needs walking and you can only go on your own. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

If some people don't start taking this more seriously I suspect by then you won't be able to. Yesterday when we went to the park with our dogs there was people sat on all the benches, groups of lads out, people with Digital SLR's just taking photos. It was so hard to keep our distance that this morning we went at 6am. I suspect if they continue we'll have the much more serious Spanish style lockdown where you can only go either 500 metres or 1km away from your home and that's only for essential shopping or if you have a dog that needs walking and you can only go on your own. 

Yeah I know what you mean I really hope it doesn't come to that, my daily run is the main thing keeping me sane! Thankfully as the roads are so quiet its been quite easy to avoid people on the pavements round my way. think ill probably go for it if we're not on total lockdown but with the weekend coming up I feel like there are going to be more reports of people flouting the rules..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quark said:

I didn't even know you could get that!!  I've had it in the elbow and it REALLY wasn't fun :(

That sucks Dee.  Obviously no running, but is it stopping you walking as well?

I can walk, but it get’s sore after a mile or so. But reading up on it, it recommends rest and ice and NSAIDs. So going to try and stay put for a couple of days then start on short walks. 
 

yoga it is then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

dont forget what we all see automatically is the worst case scenarios ... just been for my walk in a quieter town but didnt come across a single bit of non compliance ... the newspapers I would imagine will ramp up the messages of crowds to help with the message ... just like they search for the puddles at Glastonbury and get those photos in ... of course its happening and bloody ridiculous but the government have built the current models on a certain level of non compliance I believe .... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I can walk, but it get’s sore after a mile or so. But reading up on it, it recommends rest and ice and NSAIDs. So going to try and stay put for a couple of days then start on short walks. 
 

yoga it is then.

Have you had it before? Don't want to preach to the choir, but when I got it in my elbow I had to go on antibiotics as it picked up an infection really easily and they needed to catch it early. Just keep an eye out for any reddening or sign of infection x

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crazyfool1 said:

dont forget what we all see automatically is the worst case scenarios ... just been for my walk in a quieter town but didnt come across a single bit of non compliance ... the newspapers I would imagine will ramp up the messages of crowds to help with the message ... just like they search for the puddles at Glastonbury and get those photos in ... of course its happening and bloody ridiculous but the government have built the current models on a certain level of non compliance I believe .... 

Aye, just went to pick up the cats from the vets and there was a massive queue outside the pharmacy, but everyone stood well away from each other and behaving themselves

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Aye, just went to pick up the cats from the vets and there was a massive queue outside the pharmacy, but everyone stood well away from each other and behaving themselves

same I walked past a pharmacy too .... 20 people queuing exceptionally well spaced ... I think we are the best in the world at queuing ... so it’s time to prove it with an added gap 

Edited by crazyfool1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Quark said:

Have you had it before? Don't want to preach to the choir, but when I got it in my elbow I had to go on antibiotics as it picked up an infection really easily and they needed to catch it early. Just keep an eye out for any reddening or sign of infection x

No never had it before and to be fair I did use doctor google to diagnose . The NHS site seemed to describe my symptoms pretty accurately and said how to deal with it. Basically if it doesn’t get better in 2 weeks then go to docs for antibiotics. I don’t think they need me in the surgery with a hurty  hip 😂 but yes I will keep an eye on it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Superscally said:

Got furloughed today. God help the roads of Liverpool. Here I muthafuckin come.

Sorry to hear that mate? You guys okay? And there was me thinking you guys would be classed as an 'essential service'!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 6:28 PM, Kalopsia said:

Sorry if this comes across as gloating but I'm really proud that I almost hit 5k on my fourth run, so close and I'm so excited to hit it next time. Screenshot_20200325_182555_com.huawei.health.thumb.jpg.66327f9fb22cf00ad04e9c29b33c60b1.jpg

That's actually a really good pace / cadence. If you can get the cadence up to 180 then you'll be rocking and under sub 23/4 in no time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...