Fitness for Glasto 2021

gigpusher

58 minutes ago, Quark said:

That does look cool.  Just the logistics of transport for a point to point run, but if it finishes close to home then it should be a bit easier :)

yeah 10am start so im hoping some lovely person will be awake early enough on a sunday to drop me up there! should be pretty scenic though, just got to not fall in the canal!

On 1/24/2020 at 10:06 AM, Quark said:

That's cool.  Most of the meatheads (and I suspect at first glance I'd probably be one of them :D ) are cool.  

I've no doubt that you are a very lovely meathead

Thanks for the 2 week tip! It does seem hard to fit it all in in a week. Five gym sessions and two climbs a week isn't really possible for me time wise right now (or possibly ever), but 2 climbs and 3 weights a week plus one spin a fortnight maybe is (and a cheeky 5k whenever).

Nice 10 miler in just over 90 mins this morning, although saying my feet were wet and muddy would be an understatement! Amazing how much a relatively short stretch of boggy ground sucks the energy from your legs.

Time to drink coffee and eat cake

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Homer said:

Ran 10k again this morning - got my 10k race next sat. Bit of pain in one knee so going to just run 5-7 on tues and fill out the rest of the week with spin, circuits, weights and cardio to take the strain off it 

Have you got a target time in mind?

2 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

I got my first sub 2 hour half marathon yesterday! 

Came in at 1.58! I was worried marathon training had slowed me down but clearly not...  now I just need to work on pushing up my mileage. 

Hope everyone has a great week!! 

Well done!

On 1/27/2020 at 7:59 AM, Quark said:

Have you got a target time in mind?

No mate, only signed up two weeks ago for running motivation. Being that I've covered the distance twice now I could justsay job done, but I may as well turn up!

Tempted to sign up for another half marathon now, as I'm almost there with the training for one (just need to chuck in one or two 90-minuters), but my calendar tells me that the weekend after the football season ends I'm in Copenhagen, then the weekend after am on a uni mates weekend in the Cotswolds unfortunately!

Do it, do it, do it... :)

Training slightly curtailed this week.  For I think only the second time ever I managed to cock up deadlifts and now my back hates me!  Luckily it's not a proper fuckup, more of a warning shot.  Felt something click right at the base of the spine on the working set last night but ended up as more of a slow spread rather than a shooting pain, so feels like it's just locking up a bit to protect itself. 

All I can think is that going heavy the day after the long run just put it all under a bit too much pressure, should have given it another day.  Fingers crossed should just be a couple of days rather than any significant time to heal!

10 minutes ago, Homer said:

... actually, on inspection, I don't have a match on 15th Feb and 7th March weekends, so could slot one in then...

get one in mate! theres on at the Olympic park on the 16th which im doing - spenny though

https://www.runthrough.co.uk/event/queen-elizabeth-olympic-park-half-marathon-2020/

Edited by grilladelphia
link

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Do it, do it, do it... :)

Training slightly curtailed this week.  For I think only the second time ever I managed to cock up deadlifts and now my back hates me!  Luckily it's not a proper fuckup, more of a warning shot.  Felt something click right at the base of the spine on the working set last night but ended up as more of a slow spread rather than a shooting pain, so feels like it's just locking up a bit to protect itself. 

All I can think is that going heavy the day after the long run just put it all under a bit too much pressure, should have given it another day.  Fingers crossed should just be a couple of days rather than any significant time to heal!

oof yeah sounds like you need a couple days there! I'm burnt out this week so doing the same, back out Weds eve I reckon

Going to pound the treadmill today after a couple of tough circuit sessions the last 2 days.  Lost a kilo so far this month, hoping to make it 2 by the end of Feb.  Not drinking (alcohol) is definitely helping as I'm feeling so much fresher.

Just bought one of those massage roller thingys to hopefully help my hammy.  Pulled it quite badly in October and it hasn't fully recovered, can still run but it still aches although doesn't feel like it will go again.

3 hours ago, Padgey said:

Going to pound the treadmill today after a couple of tough circuit sessions the last 2 days.  Lost a kilo so far this month, hoping to make it 2 by the end of Feb.  Not drinking (alcohol) is definitely helping as I'm feeling so much fresher.

Just bought one of those massage roller thingys to hopefully help my hammy.  Pulled it quite badly in October and it hasn't fully recovered, can still run but it still aches although doesn't feel like it will go again.

I have a love/hate relationship with my foam roller. How can something hurt so much but also feel kind of good? 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, gmb1992 said:

I have a love/hate relationship with my foam roller. How can something hurt so much but also feel kind of good? 🤷‍♀️

I use to be exactly the same when I had sports massages several years, again mainly for my hamstrings.  One minutes you're "arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh" biting the bed then the next it's "ahhhhhhhhhhhh"