Fitness for Glasto 2021

gigpusher

On 10/12/2021 at 11:14 PM, Superscally said:

No likes? No upvotes? Scoundrels. Reckon you need to post this in the main forum mate. What do you mean this isn't a direct message? Ah shi...

😜😘

😍 That's what we're talking about!! 

Ha! Was a celebration of the Gump run, with the idea to run until I was pretty tired and I'd go home. That happened after 42 hours without sleep!! I tagged a fundraiser on afterwards as a few people asked if I was and I thought "why not?" For my USA heroes, Peace Direct and the WWF.

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?pageId=1321110 (If anyone won the Euromillions tonight, or found 50p in an old jacket)

My feeling when I saw the hill at Sutton Manor...

Some Strava fun:

Screenshot_20211012-223658_Strava.jpg

IMG_20211012_225131.jpg

IMG_20211012_225203.jpg

IMG_20211012_225248.jpg

IMG_20211012_225329.jpg

Screenshot_20211012-224931_Strava.jpg

Was following your nonsense on Twitter pal, so much for 24 Parkruns! Was checking in to see if you'd decided to do a fundraising link, will sling a few quid over later.

Going to have a wander into town today as well, I believe a certain book is now available at all good bookshops...

Not doing this specifically  for G but I’m using it as an initial target, I’m seeing a personal trainer 3 times a week and cycling 2 times a week. I’m approaching the heart attack years( late 40s, early 50s)  and I’ve spent the last 25 years overweight to varying degrees so figure it’s now or never. Ultimate target is to be a racing snake in 4 years when we are selling up and going travelling. I’m healthy now, I don’t do sick, but the weight and lifestyle  will eventually catch up with me if I don’t get rid of it now. 

• Upvote 1

Really annoyed with Waterstones. I pre ordered @Superscally book in July in order to get it on publication day. As of today it still has not arrived and no answer to my email asking for details. I deliberately didn’t use the robbing bast*rds, otherwise known as  Amazon. Seems they would have go me a copy on time.

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Really annoyed with Waterstones. I pre ordered @Superscally book in July in order to get it on publication day. As of today it still has not arrived and no answer to my email asking for details. I deliberately didn’t use the robbing bast*rds, otherwise known as  Amazon. Seems they would have go me a copy on time.

I’ve the same Dee … my account currently shows as shipped and I’ve rung the store … they have told me it’s likely to be updated and I should likely be able to collect it Tomorrow … or Monday at the latest. Hopefully the same for you 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 11:14 PM, Superscally said:

No likes? No upvotes? Scoundrels. Reckon you need to post this in the main forum mate. What do you mean this isn't a direct message? Ah shi...

😜😘

😍 That's what we're talking about!! 

Ha! Was a celebration of the Gump run, with the idea to run until I was pretty tired and I'd go home. That happened after 42 hours without sleep!! I tagged a fundraiser on afterwards as a few people asked if I was and I thought "why not?" For my USA heroes, Peace Direct and the WWF.

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?pageId=1321110 (If anyone won the Euromillions tonight, or found 50p in an old jacket)

My feeling when I saw the hill at Sutton Manor...

Some Strava fun:

Screenshot_20211012-223658_Strava.jpg

IMG_20211012_225131.jpg

IMG_20211012_225203.jpg

IMG_20211012_225248.jpg

IMG_20211012_225329.jpg

Screenshot_20211012-224931_Strava.jpg

Saw you described as a veterinarian runner and I thought 44 isn’t that old, certainly not a veteran!   Doooooh! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’ve the same Dee … my account currently shows as shipped and I’ve rung the store … they have told me it’s likely to be updated and I should likely be able to collect it Tomorrow … or Monday at the latest. Hopefully the same for you 

Mine just says processed. I'm waiting for it to be posted 

Was in your neck of the woods today @Quark… not a good day at the office! 53-21 and my hip flexor seized on 70 minutes and had to go off. 

We’re staying up for the weekend with friends - in days gone by we’d have been at a gig tonight, but nowadays Mrs B is out with her friends and I’m in with baby and other dads having a takeaway 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

32 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Was in your neck of the woods today @Quark… not a good day at the office! 53-21 and my hip flexor seized on 70 minutes and had to go off. 

We’re staying up for the weekend with friends - in days gone by we’d have been at a gig tonight, but nowadays Mrs B is out with her friends and I’m in with baby and other dads having a takeaway 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Ouch, sounds like a tough one. At least I know who you're playing for now, that's a decent level and then some! Don't know if he played today but one of their lads played for us coming through colts and with us in his early senior games. Beast of a lad.

How's the hip now?

If you make it up this way again I'd be all up for a gig 😄

Edited by Quark

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Ouch, sounds like a tough one. At least I know who you're playing for now, that's a decent level and then some! Don't know if he played today but one of their lads played for us coming through colts and with us in his early senior games. Beast of a lad.

How's the hip now?

If you make it up this way again I'd be all up for a gig 😄

Iced and rolled out so a bit better. Next time! 

27 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Anyone doing Great South Run today? Good luck 🙂

Many fond memories of running this race, a fast flat course, takes you through part of the historic dockyard, always well supported. Should be a great day today, conditions look perfect. Good luck everyone who is taking part, enjoy, especially the last couple of miles along the sea front to the finish.

15 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Mine just says processed. I'm waiting for it to be posted 

Well, that was a pleasant surprise delivery on a Sunday, time for a glass of red and a sit down in the sunshine this afternoon i reckon, 20211017_122502.thumb.jpg.008dc3f236e1d080c6d5b94b078c300c.jpgbeauty 😍 

Edited by oneeye

On 10/14/2021 at 8:15 AM, steviewevie said:

it's bloody cool. Well done on all your mad shit.

Ha cheers! 😍

On 10/14/2021 at 10:18 AM, Quark said:

Was following your nonsense on Twitter pal, so much for 24 Parkruns! Was checking in to see if you'd decided to do a fundraising link, will sling a few quid over later.

Going to have a wander into town today as well, I believe a certain book is now available at all good bookshops...

Thanks matey! Yeah, it got a bit...elongated! Hope your shop had the book!

On 10/16/2021 at 4:52 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Been a problem with the Waterstones ones apparently, think it's part of the whole delivery/lack of drivers farce we have at the mo... 

On 10/16/2021 at 7:12 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Saw you described as a veterinarian runner and I thought 44 isn’t that old, certainly not a veteran!   Doooooh! 

🤣😄

7 hours ago, oneeye said:

Well, that was a pleasant surprise delivery on a Sunday, time for a glass of red and a sit down in the sunshine this afternoon i reckon, 20211017_122502.thumb.jpg.008dc3f236e1d080c6d5b94b078c300c.jpgbeauty 😍 

Hope you had a nice afternoon together! 

• Like 1

First race since March 2020 next Sunday and the Liverpool Rock N Roll half marathon. One of the rare ones who have lost weight during lockdown etc.  Been running since 2012 and this will be the lightest I have been on a start line.

Just hope I can keep it all off for Glastonbury next year.

I am an all or nothing person so hopefully can keep the fitness kick up if not the fat shorts are on top of the wardrobe.

Peter Allis to Sam Torrance " You have lost a lot of weight Sam any diet tips"

Sam Torrance "Yes Peter, always keep your fat pants" 😂 So True.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oneeye said:

Many fond memories of running this race, a fast flat course, takes you through part of the historic dockyard, always well supported. Should be a great day today, conditions look perfect. Good luck everyone who is taking part, enjoy, especially the last couple of miles along the sea front to the finish.

A few good memories for me too but can’t remember the last couple of miles  ever being much fun; usually into half a gale of wind from the West 🤣

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SighMo said:

A few good memories for me too but can’t remember the last couple of miles  ever being much fun; usually into half a gale of wind from the West 🤣

Just gutted I'm not running. Ridiculous decision from organisers to cancel future editions and give no warning. Still not sold out and would have easily done if they'd given 4 month's notice that it was the last one. 

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Just gutted I'm not running. Ridiculous decision from organisers to cancel future editions and give no warning. Still not sold out and would have easily done if they'd given 4 month's notice that it was the last one. 

Are you sure there Superscally? 

https://www.greatrun.org/events/great-south-run/

After spending the previous 20 years partying and not really looking after myself physically and mentally I have turned in to a fitness freak over the last 2 years. 

Lockdown definitely helped my new found obsession and I discovered the joys of trail running and crossfit. The culmination of this is that I've entered some Spartan races next year.

Has anyone on here ran a Spartan?  

There's a Spartan weekend in Wales at the end of October which I'm going to watch to see what I've let myself in for but if anyone's got any experience of doing them I'd love to hear any advice.

The last London Mara I did was in 2018 and due to Covid and injuries I haven't been able to use my GFA qualifying time so it's now expired. Had no real inclination to run another as I keep getting injured but I have started to string a few miles together lately. Just got an email from our boss to ask if I was interested in our company team entry... what to do; very tempting?

Anyone familiar with the Backyard Ultra concept? Participants complete one loop, which is 4.1 miles, within an hour, and then every hour until there is one person left.

The “world champs” of Backyard Ultras is currently into its 3rd day. There are three people left who have now run 312 miles. Pretty amazing! 

The record is 81 loops set by an English chap this year. With three people left, we might see a new record being set! 

Well known Ultra runners Courtney Daulwater, Maggie Guterl and Michael Wardian have already “refused to continue” as they say. 

https://my.raceresult.com/183854/#0_B3DC1F