Fitness for Glasto 2021

gigpusher

On 9/21/2021 at 12:55 PM, nikkic said:

Ran 21 miles yesterday, just under 3.30.

First 15/16 were solid. 

Then the legs started to go a bit, crawled the last 3 miles! 

Stairs are a big issue and have a little numbness in 2 toes, my body is very much looking forward to this taper! 

Sounds like you have got Glastonbury foot!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Anyone running London marathon tomoro ? I’ve not seen anyone post that they are … but good luck 😀

yeah, came on here to say same. Good luck to anyone running it. I didn't realise it was actually happening for real, thought it was all virtual, but apparently it's 40k running the actual route and 40k doing a virtual race, something like that.

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Anyone running London marathon tomoro ? I’ve not seen anyone post that they are … but good luck 😀

I’m doing the virtual one.

Running the Bath to Bristol cycle track and back again.

Haven’t really trained and furthest run was 13 miles 2 weeks ago.

Embracing the struggle!

32 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I’m doing the virtual one.

Running the Bath to Bristol cycle track and back again.

Haven’t really trained and furthest run was 13 miles 2 weeks ago.

Embracing the struggle!

Good stuff … all the best .. sister pulled out of the main one … bit of a crowds worry and not training like she planned .. I’m sure she return next year … hope the carb loading is going well today 🙂 

22 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Good luck today everyone who's plodding the 26.2 miles, virtual or the streets of London, enjoy the day 

Aye, good one and all. Gonna pop down to Charlton Lido this morning (just after the one mile marker) to watch a bit - it’s only a five minute walk from my house.

Hopefully you’ll all have better weather today than yesterday.

Thank you to everyone that sent love towards my groin previously.  Delighted to say, I completed my first ever Marathon at the age of 49, and hated nearly every moment of it.  My groin held up (thanks for the advice around not worrying about the 20 mile run @Superscally)  Sadly, it was an old knee injury that flared up at the 18 mile mark, meaning I could only walk the last 8 miles.  But walk the bastard thing I did.

So a personal best was indeed set, and my body (and more importantly my mind) have now retired me from running anything over a half!

The one thing that really actually made it worthwhile was being able to raise a decent amount of money for Shelter.

Best of luck to everyone else that has runs coming up.  I totally salute you and am in awe of those that do this often.

image0 (8).jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 9

31 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Thank you to everyone that sent love towards my groin previously.  Delighted to say, I completed my first ever Marathon at the age of 49, and hated nearly every moment of it.  My groin held up (thanks for the advice around not worrying about the 20 mile run @Superscally)  Sadly, it was an old knee injury that flared up at the 18 mile mark, meaning I could only walk the last 8 miles.  But walk the bastard thing I did.

So a personal best was indeed set, and my body (and more importantly my mind) have now retired me from running anything over a half!

The one thing that really actually made it worthwhile was being able to raise a decent amount of money for Shelter.

Best of luck to everyone else that has runs coming up.  I totally salute you and am in awe of those that do this often.

image0 (8).jpeg

Brilliant stuff. Well done!

31 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

image0 (8).jpeg

Well done!

I walked the last 8 miles too.

Turns out little training and nothing beyond 13 miles was stupid (I also shouldn’t have stopped at half way for a quick flapjack as I struggled to get going at all after)

Did the half marathon in 2:02 and finished at 5:10 which tells a story 😂

Legs hate me right now!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Greenelk said:

image0 (8).jpeg

35 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Well done!

Turns out little training and nothing beyond 13 miles was stupid (I also shouldn’t have stopped at half way for a quick flapjack as I struggled to get going at all after)

Legs hate me right now!

Bravo both. Whatever you think of times and injuries, you did it in a better time than me sat on my fat arse!

Edited by Quark

3 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Well done!

Legs hate me right now!

Well done on finishing!

9 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

How did you get on? 

Ah now.

Not great. Horizontal rain, on the bench, game abandoned after about 10 mins as our 10 broke his leg and dislocated his ankle.  Spent the next 40 mins keeping him dry until paramedics arrived and slung him in the back.

So yeah, 45 minute drive during the fuel crisis to stand in the rain!

20 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ah now.

Not great. Horizontal rain, on the bench, game abandoned after about 10 mins as our 10 broke his leg and dislocated his ankle.  Spent the next 40 mins keeping him dry until paramedics arrived and slung him in the back.

So yeah, 45 minute drive during the fuel crisis to stand in the rain!

Makes me feel better about our 7 hour drive and overnight stay just to get a losing bonus point in the rain. 

There's always next week!

27 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Makes me feel better about our 7 hour drive and overnight stay just to get a losing bonus point in the rain. 

There's always next week!

The benefits of playing in bottom tier social leagues, you've got that to look forward to 😄

Good luck Sunday all you crazy cats who will be plodding the streets of Manchester, we will be there to cheer people on,  our daughter and her hubby are running their first ever marathon, done the training so should get round, jelly babies on standby... 😎

• Upvote 1