Fitness for Glasto 2021

gigpusher

8 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

maybe swimming might be a gentle way of starting ? I find it good with my various aches and pains 

Had thought of that but I'm a very, very weak swimmer. Maybe it's time I got the lessons I've always said I would.

13 minutes ago, MrHew said:

Had thought of that but I'm a very, very weak swimmer. Maybe it's time I got the lessons I've always said I would.

Start small and work up … I started at 5 lengths … I’m now at 75 … and that would be over 100 if I wasn’t time restricted and I was far from a strong swimmer 

Starting to up the level of contact in training now. Got a lovely (unintentional) headbutt right behind the ear during a rucking drill.

Weirdly it turns out that I've missed that slightly dazed moment 😄

(note: very definitely not concussion concern btw)

14 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Congrats, that’s well impressive!

Thanks dude. It's mostly the reason i haven't been on here much - got completely obsessed with running. Have spent the last 3 weeks eating ALL THE FOOD!

29 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Haven't posted much recently, fitness hasn't been on the back burner, having a bit of crap time but really glad to see people are still working out and doing it successfully. 

Hope your okay!!! Keep eating the marmalade and toast always makes you feel better!! 
we are all here to listen if you want to chat!!! 
sending you sparkles and rainbows! 🌈🌟

• Like 2

Had my first go on an ambulance yesterday. Feel during football and got a knee to the back of the head from a sprinting teammate, ended up with seven staples and missed the first half of the Portugal Germany match! Must say, the ambulance crew and hospital staff were all super-lovely.

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Had my first go on an ambulance yesterday. Feel during football and got a knee to the back of the head from a sprinting teammate, ended up with seven staples and missed the first half of the Portugal Germany match! Must say, the ambulance crew and hospital staff were all super-lovely.

Blimey thts sounds like you cud have a bit of a headache today! Hope your okay and get to see a whole match today! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Blimey thts sounds like you cud have a bit of a headache today! Hope your okay and get to see a whole match today! 

All good ta. Slight headache but hat's prob more due to spending the night down the pub after. Am hopeful of making it through to 5pm without any more emergencies!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Homer said:

Aren't you injured at the moment as well?

Think mostly mended...just not super fit

8 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Whats your run plans ? u still running as you posted earlier ?

Gradually gathering the bravery. Wondering if could raise a few pennies for Oxfam, seeing as the festival isn't on. It's likely, if I don't have a reaction from my runs today and tomorrow...