Fitness for Glasto 2021

gigpusher

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

Would take a superhuman effort to get you into a dance venue at any time!

Nice one, will give it a listen.

This is one of my fave books (evs):

https://www.waterstones.com/book/into-thin-air/jon-krakauer/9781447200185

You will one day fella! 

That book looks ace. Can't wait till I get my exams over and I'll be reading again...

On 4/12/2021 at 9:24 PM, Superscally said:

If any of you need something good to listen to on the run, in the gym or whatever... We're back! Series 2 baby! Back of the net!

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/podcast-episodes/kilian-jornet-the-man-who-climbed-everest-twice-without-oxygen

Screenshot_20210412-123823_Chrome.jpg

Awesome! So you spoke to Kilian? Will listen to the podcast tomorrow. He’s my idol! 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Need to get back on this. A few months of not exercising much and copious eating have meant I am now fucking huge! Seriously, I’m at least a stone heavier than I should be now.

Monday is the designated start of diet day.

It’s not a diet unless you start Monday 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Need to get back on this. A few months of not exercising much and copious eating have meant I am now fucking huge! Seriously, I’m at least a stone heavier than I should be now.

I’m on a worthy diet ... worthy cheese 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Dude if you have a Morrisons near you get one of these in you today. You deserve it. I'm messaging mid pie and I'm so fucking happy

20210418_115714.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nikkic said:

It’s not a diet unless you start Monday 

In the Cotswolds on a long weekend and every meal since Friday luncthime has been in a pub garden.

Gonna hammer the gym and the salads from Tues onwards (still on hols tomorrow!).

I did 13km by running 5 minutes then walking 3 minutes repeatedly. which was very good for me.

then today ran a 25:50 5km which is my second fastest time.

getting back into the swing of things, good thing about these Glastonbury delays is I’ve got more time to get fit (also more time to eat cheese)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oneeye said:

Anyone up for a challenge? Mental... right up your street @Superscally 😄

Big Dog's Backyard Ultra: The toughest, weirdest race you've never heard of - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/56720358

I’ve been looking into these recently. Set up originally by the same race director who organises the Barkley marathons. They have lots of equivalent events in the U.K which can be found here: https://backyardultra.com/races/

I’d love to try one once I’ve got more “ultra” distances under my belt. 

8 hours ago, oneeye said:

Anyone up for a challenge? Mental... right up your street @Superscally 😄

Big Dog's Backyard Ultra: The toughest, weirdest race you've never heard of - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/56720358

6 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I’ve been looking into these recently. Set up originally by the same race director who organises the Barkley marathons. They have lots of equivalent events in the U.K which can be found here: https://backyardultra.com/races/

I’d love to try one once I’ve got more “ultra” distances under my belt. 

Original or nowt for me!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a dr's appointment for my dodgy knee yesterday. X-rayed it and said I've got a left knee of a man 10 years older than me. Basically banned me from going jogging ever again, but said I can still play football, spin and X-train (which is what I've been doing since Dec anyway). I'm pretty pleased to have jogging taken out of the equation TBH!

Edited by Homer

Slight setback after pinging my back about a week and a half ago (and then compounding the problem by trying to work through it as it just started off as tightness) but feeling OK after a week's rest so should be back on it tonight.

As predicted it's actually been harder for me as things have opened up as well. It was easy when nothing was open so running was the default option, but now the gym's open and rugby's started again I've got to try and actually plan how to fit it all in!

17 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Managed my first 100 mile for about 3 years. Massively tired now and I must have looked a sight trying to shovel as many carbs into me as I could 

4B1DB96A-0722-44CD-A1BD-7476961F19EE.jpeg

That’s good going! Making me want to go on a ride now, although I’m happy to get above 15-20 miles 😂

I joined a local running club having bottled it for a year or so but now been on 5 runs and loving it. Can't believe I didn't join sooner.

Ran 30km in the last 7 days which is the most i've logged in a 7 day period for years!

Finally got a massage on the legs, hamstring feeling a lot better and achillies getting there but need a few more sessions.  Felt like I had taken weights off my legs when I went for a run Saturday, looking to step up to 10k on Wednesday.

Nearly threw up last week when I swallowed a fly! 

7 hours ago, Padgey said:

Finally got a massage on the legs, hamstring feeling a lot better and achillies getting there but need a few more sessions.  Felt like I had taken weights off my legs when I went for a run Saturday, looking to step up to 10k on Wednesday.

Nearly threw up last week when I swallowed a fly! 

Flies in the mouth are a killer. Or the ones that go in your eye and up under your eyelid. You finish the run half blinded.

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Flies in the mouth are a killer. Or the ones that go in your eye and up under your eyelid. You finish the run half blinded.

This one went straight in and down the throat, could feel it stuck in my chest, was too late to get it out and was gagging for the next few hundred metres!