Fitness for Glasto 2021

gigpusher

1 minute ago, hodgey123 said:

Unsure what it is about this lockdown compared to the previous 2, especially as you would think it is hopefully the last! Perhaps I'm just fed up of working out in a cold garage using a painter's bench as a bench with weights you have to unscrew for minutes at a time to add 2.5kg 😄

Don't start me on screwlock dumbbells...adds half an hour onto every workout faffing about with the bastard things!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

First bit of exercise since defeating the rona. Kept it nice and steady. Maybe we should have a virtual Saturday run club?

0BA2F0BB-88B4-47A9-909B-F44632C4F1CE.jpeg

How did you find it?

After months of training, I’d just broken back below 20 mins for my 5km before the rona hit me. Still isolating now, but I’m worried it will set me back quite a bit when I feel up to going out again! 

57 minutes ago, Homer said:

Works for me, what are the rules? How about we all run our local Parkrun?

Think that would be a good idea when the park runs are back up and running again.

Until then let’s keep it to at least a 5km. Time not the aim just get yourself out & moving. Running or walking / a mixture of the two.

Picture posted on here to keep yourself accountable.

All welcome on this journey 🏃

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Think that would be a good idea when the park runs are back up and running again.

Until then let’s keep it to at least a 5km. Time not the aim just get yourself out & moving. Running or walking / a mixture of the two.

Picture posted on here to keep yourself accountable.

All welcome on this journey 🏃

Yup I could go for this. Might be an afternoon run rather than a morning, but I could get on board 

After being inspired by the VM crew last night I managed to run my furthest distance today. Kept it slower than normal and just enjoyed being in the moment, definitely need to get my gait measured and have new shoes as soon as I can. 

Targets for this year are -

5km under 20 minutes, 10km in 40 minutes and complete my half marathon in about 1 hour 40.

Screenshot_20210116_183316.jpg

Edited by Kalopsia
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

After being inspired by the VM crew last night I managed to run my furthest distance today. Kept it slower than normal and just enjoyed being in the moment, definitely need to get my gait measured and have new shoes as soon as I can. 

Targets for this year are -

5km under 20 minutes, 10km in 40 minutes and complete my half marathon in about 1 hour 40.

Screenshot_20210116_183316.jpg

How was the foot?

First goal ticked off, made it out for a run every evening this week. Mixing up distances between 5km and 10km, and went out on a different pre-Christmas route to include a couple of hills tonight. That's 45.8km this week, reckon if I keep this up I can do 150km in Jan.

Less fitness, more wellbeing, but that's been coupled with 15 mins of headspace every morning as well.

Happy days

• Upvote 1

On 1/15/2021 at 3:10 PM, Quark said:

@Superscally is yer man for mental running. Proper tapped that one. Like, Marathon des Sables mental.

Someone on here was stepping up to (I think) ultra marathons. Think it might have been @Hugh Jass or @SwedgeAntillesbut can't remember for certain. Think there was one down on the jurassic coast someone was looking at?

I've done a couple of TAB events, so military-style cross country runs with loaded bergens. Debating a triathlon at some point.

Have you got the link for the one you're signed up for? Always interesting to see how other people are planning to hurt themselves!

@Woffy is inbound for a 100k soon! 

Glad to see this thread springing back into life!

I'm week 6 into my marathon training plan (Fingers crossed for Richmond at the end of March 🤞) and I'm really enjoying having the structure of a proper weekly plan.

I'm a bit anxious about whether the race will actually happen, my marathon got cancelled last year and it completely shattered my motivation, virtual runs are not the same, virtual marathons are not fun!

Any way 65km on the plan this week, starting with a nice, easy 5km to tick off this eve 🙂 

26 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Glad to see this thread springing back into life!

I'm week 6 into my marathon training plan (Fingers crossed for Richmond at the end of March 🤞) and I'm really enjoying having the structure of a proper weekly plan.

I'm a bit anxious about whether the race will actually happen, my marathon got cancelled last year and it completely shattered my motivation, virtual runs are not the same, virtual marathons are not fun!

Any way 65km on the plan this week, starting with a nice, easy 5km to tick off this eve 🙂 

Good stuff!

If it helps, one of the things I've decided to do is train as if all the events I've signed up to / would do are going ahead, and if the event doesn't happen then I'm going to run the equivalent distance on that day anyway. I know the virtual thing isn't the same, but having it as a concrete date and target is helping.

So regardless of whether the Forest of Dean Half goes ahead, come 21st March I'll be running a half marathon!

26 minutes ago, Quark said:

Good stuff!

If it helps, one of the things I've decided to do is train as if all the events I've signed up to / would do are going ahead, and if the event doesn't happen then I'm going to run the equivalent distance on that day anyway. I know the virtual thing isn't the same, but having it as a concrete date and target is helping.

So regardless of whether the Forest of Dean Half goes ahead, come 21st March I'll be running a half marathon!

Yeah I think that's the kind of mindset I'm going to have to be in too - Fingers crossed for March running events though! 

Need some tips / advice on using a work lunchtime to run (from the office)

Is it minging not to have a shower? 

I work in my own office so don't need to worry to much about the feral smell after.

I'm only talking at max a 10km but yeah worried it's not socially acceptable to shower straight after...