Fitness for Glasto 2021

gigpusher

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

Absolutely awesome,  you are so inspiring, we are all behind on your journey but don’t hurt yourself doing it . 

Cheers Durbs, will keep listening to the body.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Fingers crossed for a recovery bud, can't imagine what doing this without being able to fuel properly must be like!

Hardest 50k of my life I'd say...

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Hardest 50k of my life I'd say...

Given some of the runs you've done, that's an absolutely horrendous concept! Chapeau as always sir.

On a lighter note, finally got round to listening to ep1 of your podcast yesterday.  Be interested to know if there's plans for more, although obviously not top of the list right now! :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

I know , I may have to “ tweak “ my name .... although that nickname came about due to my little brother Pete , know as “ Pdiddy “ to his mates ( he’s 6’3” ) 

At the rugby club I used to play for we had so many Daves we had to resort to some fairly left field choices to identify them.  Having gone through the obvious ones relating to size and the like, my two favourites ended up being Rodney (a la Only Fools & Horses) and my absolute favourite, Mediocre Dave :lol:

On 9/14/2020 at 8:50 PM, Homer said:

Where you off to? We allegedly go to Mykonos next month (got added for quarantine last week).

I'm (hopefully) off to Corfu so it's not on the quarantine list at the mo, I can work from home too so would probably still go but I don't want to let myself get too excited yet. 

Will you still go to Mykonos with the quarantine? 

On 9/14/2020 at 3:10 PM, Quark said:

Ooh, where did you go?  Was down there for a day with my brother a couple of weeks ago, spent a great day around the black mountain. Love it down there :)

I stayed just outside Sennybridge which was pretty good location wise. I did the usual the Horseshoe ridge with the 3 peaks and some nice waterfalls and a few other mountains but not sure what they were called. We also went to the alleged oldest but in Wales called the Skirrid Mountain Inn which is worth a visit if you're back down that way.

It's so nice there, I much preferred it to Snowdonia as it seemed less busy :) 

8 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Just caught up on what @Superscally is doing from the link @Quark posted, awesome stuff.  Also watched the video of the Forrest Gump run, absolutely brilliant.  The Forrest Gump running attire is an old fancy dress fave of mine.

Just been checking his progress this morning on his Garmin feed. We were up there last month and just walking it was quite knackering. Running up those bastard hills.....no thank you so very much!

27 minutes ago, Homer said:

No rugby on Saturdays?

We've got a series of games home and away with a local club this and next weekend, but I'm going nowhere near it tbh.

As much as I want to play and enjoy everything that goes with it, I cannot believe that the two clubs can look at the incoming return to tighter lockdown measures and an increasing infection rate, and possibly believe it can be a good idea. I think it's madness. 

And this is a role I'm happy to play :D

Buzzkillington-animation-001-idlepic4x.png.8bd03cfed9d4f3d1a46b5f56562c624b.png

• Upvote 1

Guys, thanks so much for all the kind words! Glad you enjoyed the blue dot watching. Legs are sooooo drained today, my left foot and right ankle I twisted coming down Scafell have been happier, but the target was hit for the Stroke Association and it made me smile seeing names from here on the donations page. Very kind. 

IMG_20200918_194733_033.jpg

• Upvote 6

On 9/16/2020 at 9:59 AM, Quark said:

Given some of the runs you've done, that's an absolutely horrendous concept! Chapeau as always sir.

On a lighter note, finally got round to listening to ep1 of your podcast yesterday.  Be interested to know if there's plans for more, although obviously not top of the list right now! :lol:

I'm hopeful! There's lots of cool stories to tell!! Was ace to be part of

7 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Guys, thanks so much for all the kind words! Glad you enjoyed the blue dot watching. Legs are sooooo drained today, my left foot and right ankle I twisted coming down Scafell have been happier, but the target was hit for the Stroke Association and it made me smile seeing names from here on the donations page. Very kind. 

IMG_20200918_194733_033.jpg

What had you done to your foot in the end a couple of days back? Bruising or more serious?