Fitness for Glasto 2021

gigpusher

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

That’s an upvote for that effort ... not the second part :) 

Thank you. It's sods law, I've been saying "fit for glasto" for years and always lost my way just after Christmas or something. The one time I've done it and... Glasto's out. Still it's not all about that I suppose, and hopefully I'll have done it for long enough to be a habit and not worry about rocking up onsite morbidly obese again (said that before too)

1 minute ago, UEF said:

Thank you. It's sods law, I've been saying "fit for glasto" for years and always lost my way just after Christmas or something. The one time I've done it and... Glasto's out. Still it's not all about that I suppose, and hopefully I'll have done it for long enough to be a habit and not worry about rocking up onsite morbidly obese again (said that before too)

You will be fit for so much more than Glasto ... being fit for life is of greater importance at the moment .. keep at it 

Just popped out on my newly fixed mountain bike - managed to squeeze in four different SE London parks (Crystal Palace mainly).

Never Stravaed a ride before - but 18.6k in 1hr 5 seems a reasonable start.

Edited by Homer
  • Upvote 1

Hot today, just done a circuit in the garage and it was a lot tougher than 2 weeks ago, my time was about 20 seconds slower which was disappointing but glad I've done it.  Definitely sweating enough out for a few Thatchers at the weekend.

• Upvote 1

Just now, morph100 said:

Just did 24:03min 5km previous best time 26:45min and before that 28mins. 

not bad for a fat cheese eating alcoholic with no breakfast 

Out of upvotes - those are some impressive gains! (In case you didn't know already, fasted exercise is recommended for burning fat FYI.)

• Upvote 1

Got a train into town then cycled around central London and back home yesterday. Highly recommended if you live in the capital. Not my quickest time due to the sightseeing nature of it all, but racked up 30km. Did a core workout before I left too.

No hangover today, so will get on the weights shortly. Cycling to meet a mate later too, so that will be an hour round journey (return journey may be slightly challenging!).

Edited by Homer

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Out of upvotes - those are some impressive gains! (In case you didn't know already, fasted exercise is recommended for burning fat FYI.)

I ate a huge pizza the night before which I finished off about midnight, then ran about 7:30am so not that fasted 🙂

After a week on my bike, jogged Thurs and Fri to test my knee out and it stood up fine. Only managed 5k both times - but that was more because it's 20 degrees by 9am!  Been keeping up weights too. Might pop out on the bike in a bit (with a can of lager onboard).

On 3/9/2020 at 10:37 PM, august1 said:

Was 18.4 after Christmas but taking 18 stone as my starting weight 9 weeks ago. 16 stone 3 pounds today. Hoping to hit 14 stone by the farm but will happily take 14 and a half.

Down to 14.6 now.  3 and half weeks to get the final 6 pounds off before the imaginary gates open.

5 hours ago, Homer said:

After a week on my bike, jogged Thurs and Fri to test my knee out and it stood up fine. Only managed 5k both times - but that was more because it's 20 degrees by 9am!  Been keeping up weights too. Might pop out on the bike in a bit (with a can of lager onboard).

I like your style.