Fitness for Glasto 2021

gigpusher

On 3/24/2020 at 3:54 PM, Padgey said:

Is anybody doing the Joe Wicks workout with their kids at 9 o'clock each morning?  Good bit of fun and great seeing my 3 year old doing the exercises, it's like a little bonus workout each day. 

Im doing this day 3 and i cant actually move! Is this a good thing! Now i remember why i bunked off PE at school.

i do get what people say about him making but this is free and inhave bought his books mainly because alot of his food i can i eat which is quite hard to find when you have certain allergies! 
I might be fit for glastonbury 2021! 

10 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Im doing this day 3 and i cant actually move! Is this a good thing! Now i remember why i bunked off PE at school.

i do get what people say about him making but this is free and inhave bought his books mainly because alot of his food i can i eat which is quite hard to find when you have certain allergies! 

There's some tougher moves if going from nothing to starting to workout but it isn't too bad, if you're aching it's probably working.

I guess some people just don't like the guy and have a problem with him making a buck or two, he's not forcing anyone to buy his books by giving these sessions for free but if people do it's a bonus for him, fair play I say.

hey fitness crew - haven't checked in for a few days, been out for my government permitted daily exercise the last few days just doing slow 10k's, not sure what to do about marathon training but currently debating still running 26.2miles around some quiet streets here on april 19th as planned, but I even feel a bit guilty as its going to take ~3.45hrs, guess ill see where we're at in the next few weeks.

stay healthy! stay safe! x

11 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

I'm doing the Joe Wicks 7 days of sweat on top of my usual running and am actually struggling to walk down the stairs today... in a good way.

Who knew 20 minutes could make such a difference! 

With a lack of any real gym equipment at home I’ve had a hard time motivating myself to do anything thus far and instead have smoked a bunch of weed, played games, watched TV and ate a lot of shite..., but gonna try and get some big gallon water bottles and use them as some kind of weight/do a bit of body weight stuff as I’m already starting to feel like bollocks.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

With a lack of any real gym equipment at home I’ve had a hard time motivating myself to do anything thus far and instead have smoked a bunch of weed, played games, watched TV and ate a lot of shite..., but gonna try and get some big gallon water bottles and use them as some kind of weight/do a bit of body weight stuff as I’m already starting to feel like bollocks.

see the vid posted by Quark back 1 page ... might be of use 

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I took a £14 punt (inc postage) here:

56 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

What a time to get hip bursitis 😣 what am I gonna do now!

I didn't even know you could get that!!  I've had it in the elbow and it REALLY wasn't fun :(

That sucks Dee.  Obviously no running, but is it stopping you walking as well?

6 hours ago, grilladelphia said:

hey fitness crew - haven't checked in for a few days, been out for my government permitted daily exercise the last few days just doing slow 10k's, not sure what to do about marathon training but currently debating still running 26.2miles around some quiet streets here on april 19th as planned, but I even feel a bit guilty as its going to take ~3.45hrs, guess ill see where we're at in the next few weeks.

stay healthy! stay safe! x

If some people don't start taking this more seriously I suspect by then you won't be able to. Yesterday when we went to the park with our dogs there was people sat on all the benches, groups of lads out, people with Digital SLR's just taking photos. It was so hard to keep our distance that this morning we went at 6am. I suspect if they continue we'll have the much more serious Spanish style lockdown where you can only go either 500 metres or 1km away from your home and that's only for essential shopping or if you have a dog that needs walking and you can only go on your own. 

54 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

If some people don't start taking this more seriously I suspect by then you won't be able to. Yesterday when we went to the park with our dogs there was people sat on all the benches, groups of lads out, people with Digital SLR's just taking photos. It was so hard to keep our distance that this morning we went at 6am. I suspect if they continue we'll have the much more serious Spanish style lockdown where you can only go either 500 metres or 1km away from your home and that's only for essential shopping or if you have a dog that needs walking and you can only go on your own. 

Yeah I know what you mean I really hope it doesn't come to that, my daily run is the main thing keeping me sane! Thankfully as the roads are so quiet its been quite easy to avoid people on the pavements round my way. think ill probably go for it if we're not on total lockdown but with the weekend coming up I feel like there are going to be more reports of people flouting the rules..

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I didn't even know you could get that!!  I've had it in the elbow and it REALLY wasn't fun :(

That sucks Dee.  Obviously no running, but is it stopping you walking as well?

I can walk, but it get’s sore after a mile or so. But reading up on it, it recommends rest and ice and NSAIDs. So going to try and stay put for a couple of days then start on short walks. 

yoga it is then.

dont forget what we all see automatically is the worst case scenarios ... just been for my walk in a quieter town but didnt come across a single bit of non compliance ... the newspapers I would imagine will ramp up the messages of crowds to help with the message ... just like they search for the puddles at Glastonbury and get those photos in ... of course its happening and bloody ridiculous but the government have built the current models on a certain level of non compliance I believe .... 

3 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I can walk, but it get’s sore after a mile or so. But reading up on it, it recommends rest and ice and NSAIDs. So going to try and stay put for a couple of days then start on short walks. 

yoga it is then.

Have you had it before? Don't want to preach to the choir, but when I got it in my elbow I had to go on antibiotics as it picked up an infection really easily and they needed to catch it early. Just keep an eye out for any reddening or sign of infection x

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

dont forget what we all see automatically is the worst case scenarios ... just been for my walk in a quieter town but didnt come across a single bit of non compliance ... the newspapers I would imagine will ramp up the messages of crowds to help with the message ... just like they search for the puddles at Glastonbury and get those photos in ... of course its happening and bloody ridiculous but the government have built the current models on a certain level of non compliance I believe .... 

Aye, just went to pick up the cats from the vets and there was a massive queue outside the pharmacy, but everyone stood well away from each other and behaving themselves

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Aye, just went to pick up the cats from the vets and there was a massive queue outside the pharmacy, but everyone stood well away from each other and behaving themselves

same I walked past a pharmacy too .... 20 people queuing exceptionally well spaced ... I think we are the best in the world at queuing ... so it’s time to prove it with an added gap 

Edited by crazyfool1

43 minutes ago, Quark said:

Have you had it before? Don't want to preach to the choir, but when I got it in my elbow I had to go on antibiotics as it picked up an infection really easily and they needed to catch it early. Just keep an eye out for any reddening or sign of infection x

No never had it before and to be fair I did use doctor google to diagnose . The NHS site seemed to describe my symptoms pretty accurately and said how to deal with it. Basically if it doesn’t get better in 2 weeks then go to docs for antibiotics. I don’t think they need me in the surgery with a hurty  hip 😂 but yes I will keep an eye on it 

On 3/25/2020 at 6:28 PM, Kalopsia said:

Sorry if this comes across as gloating but I'm really proud that I almost hit 5k on my fourth run, so close and I'm so excited to hit it next time. Screenshot_20200325_182555_com.huawei.health.thumb.jpg.66327f9fb22cf00ad04e9c29b33c60b1.jpg

That's actually a really good pace / cadence. If you can get the cadence up to 180 then you'll be rocking and under sub 23/4 in no time. 

22 minutes ago, reflekting said:

That's actually a really good pace / cadence. If you can get the cadence up to 180 then you'll be rocking and under sub 23/4 in no time. 

Thank you, think my long legs help with the pace but the muscles can't sustain it for very long at the moment, that should change soon though, be nice to do a fun run when this is all over.