Fitness for Glasto 2021

gigpusher

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Needed a good dust off :) ... now to get on the thing without falling off ... which I’m inclined to do on the road ... bloody spds never really got the hang of them :) 

I've only come off a few times, once at speed when someone didn't indicate and I had to swerve, once on a group ride when we pulled in and the guy in front of me just stopped dead, and once really early days at a pub stop when I just forgot and went sideways like a felled tree :D

Hoping to get out with Mrs Q as the weather's meant to be OK this weekend, haven't got a decent ride in for ages with the shit weather.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I've only come off a few times, once at speed when someone didn't indicate and I had to swerve, once on a group ride when we pulled in and the guy in front of me just stopped dead, and once really early days at a pub stop when I just forgot and went sideways like a felled tree :D

Hoping to get out with Mrs Q as the weather's meant to be OK this weekend, haven't got a decent ride in for ages with the shit weather.

I’ve made the mistake of going out with a very good cyclist before ... for a gentle ride ... I toppled over in the middle of a dual carriageway when crossing it ... and the other time at traffic lights in the town ... pride damaged but that’s it ... today’s ride 20mins ... I’d forgotten how tough it was and will have the windows open more next time :) 

30 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

gyms to close ... :( 

Thought I’d be able to stretch this out for another week at least. Damn - right in the middle of a cut for me as well so no doubt gonna fuck how lot of progress made, but a small price to pay for what will hopefully speed this whole thing up. Looks like I’m gonna have to set up some kind of DIY gym in my flat then!

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Thought I’d be able to stretch this out for another week at least. Damn - right in the middle of a cut for me as well so no doubt gonna fuck how lot of progress made, but a small price to pay for what will hopefully speed this whole thing up. Looks like I’m gonna have to set up some kind of DIY gym in my flat then!

Exactly as I’ve done ... cancelled mine earlier in the week ... 12 week self isolator .. although I’m feeling guilt on the work front and haven’t done that yet ... although fortunately I’m on full pay for 12 weeks 

Going to go to Peckham Rye with the wife in a bit to meet her friend with a laptop and a speaker and do some sort of open air circuits together. Will obviously keep our distance (from her anyway). Didn't go out at all yesterday so exercise now becoming a treat! Some sot of big walk on the cards later too.

F45 have told my wife she can attend their three times a day park sessions - if she keeps up her £200 a month membership. She has declined.

Edited by Homer

I've been feeling a bit glum at the prospects of keeping fit during this... Clearly won't be able to run every day as its already stated to fuck my ankles. Maybe every three? I'm failing to buy and weights online (should have pre-planned that, now everything sold out) and jumping is off limits given too floor. Could try the shared garden, but not sure my WiFi would stretch so would need to feel confident in what I was doing before I went down. 

I do have some resistance bands. Tried to give those a go just now with some sit ups etc thrown in. Ending up sacking it off cuz totally wasn't feeling it...but then some total bangers came on Spotify and I ended up danced about my flat in my pants instead. Maybe this is the way forward?

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I've been feeling a bit glum at the prospects of keeping fit during this... Clearly won't be able to run every day as its already stated to fuck my ankles. Maybe every three? I'm failing to buy and weights online (should have pre-planned that, now everything sold out) and jumping is off limits given too floor. Could try the shared garden, but not sure my WiFi would stretch so would need to feel confident in what I was doing before I went down. 

I do have some resistance bands. Tried to give those a go just now with some sit ups etc thrown in. Ending up sacking it off cuz totally wasn't feeling it...but then some total bangers came on Spotify and I ended up danced about my flat in my pants instead. Maybe this is the way forward?

Pants dancing is the best dancing 

social distancing day1 .... things can only go downhill from here ..... adding value to the pushbike .... apologies if this offends anyone , ive been slated elsewhere for being insensitive .... was supposed to be light hearted ... but as its been quoted I will leave it on here :( 

IMG_6294.jpeg

Edited by crazyfool1
added apology

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

social distancing day1 .... things can only go downhill from here ..... adding value to the pushbike ....

IMG_6294.jpeg

Is that yours? If so you will be best getting a turbo tyre  otherwise the rear will wear quite quickly. 

I have a spare one in the garage if you want it. 

2 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Is that yours? If so you will be best getting a turbo tyre  otherwise the rear will wear quite quickly. 

I have a spare one in the garage if you want it. 

yep the speed im going I might light up the toilet roll ... yep it is mine ... unsure if its staying on the turbo ... or im going to venture on the road ... with my accident record its probably safer to stay in ... wasn't aware they needed special tyres though will look into it ...thanks :) 

28 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

yep the speed im going I might light up the toilet roll ... yep it is mine ... unsure if its staying on the turbo ... or im going to venture on the road ... with my accident record its probably safer to stay in ... wasn't aware they needed special tyres though will look into it ...thanks :) 

They are about £20 you can have mine PM me your address and I’ll get it out this week. 

this is mine35D6EE02-39CA-4A7A-BFF8-68D640F40C24.jpeg

Edited by dotdash79

On 3/20/2020 at 9:32 AM, Quark said:

Dusted off the gym gear in my garage last night.  It's not perfect, but I'm going to be able to cobble it together for as long as I have to.  Compensated for the absence of heavy plates on squats last night by slowing the movement right down and getting my butt right to the floor, proper ATG squats. Legs on fire by the end of it! Good news is I've got all the gear I need to keep the rehab on my shoulders going.

The community group in the village is distributing leaflets to every house so anyone who's having to isolate has access to someone who can help them out, so going to build that into either a run or a bike ride later on.

Mrs Q was knocking seven bells out of the punchbag the other night. We haven't spent this much time together for years, so I reckon that things going to be taking a kicking over the next 2 months :D

You sound like you're all sorted Quark! Glad you got some community support in too 🙂

I've been struggling to get any weights...was planning on giving up but instesd just bought myself a rather expensive kettlebell shaped like a skull. What the hell. I assume this means I've finally lost the plot!

How are we all going guys? I did 45-min bootcamp in Peckham Rye park yesterday and today with the wife and two of her gym friends. Today with a hangover too (only time I've left the house). Did an hour walk around Greenwich Park yesterday too. Was v busy, We kept our distance - not all did sadly!

Sunny all week apparently so next bootcamp is Tues. I'm going to have a wine night tonight and give myself the day off tomorrow...

On 3/21/2020 at 7:17 AM, Homer said:

Going to go to Peckham Rye with the wife in a bit to meet her friend with a laptop and a speaker and do some sort of open air circuits together. Will obviously keep our distance (from her anyway). Didn't go out at all yesterday so exercise now becoming a treat! Some sot of big walk on the cards later too.

F45 have told my wife she can attend their three times a day park sessions - if she keeps up her £200 a month membership. She has declined.

Two hundred a month??? Wtf???

i'm carrying on with my Glastonbury diet for a bit of focus/distraction. 5 pounds off since I last posted 2 weeks ago

Will stop me drinking all the time at home with no structure of work and help my mental health as much as anything.

Hopefully I can still go for a daily walk but I think the idiots about will scupper that and we'll be locked down soon enough.

Just need to stick to 2 pounds a week loss until the festival weekend

Managed to get out and do a decent 10km or so walking up in the Downs on Saturday, and we got out on the bikes for 40km yesterday.  (Should add that both of those mean we were able to keep distance from others, not out like the scenes in Richmond Park)

Definitely going to make the most of being able to get outside while we can before the eedjits out there have us in total lockdown!

We really struggled to find places to walk the dogs over the weekend as so many people were out. One of my dogs is a bit of a knobhead so we always try to social distance and it was harder than ever before because there were so many people so we just ended up in the muddy, swampy bit in the middle throwing balls for them to chase but struggling to actually get much walking done ourselves. Can't help but feel that if the weather we had in February was what we had at the moment that the social distancing would be a piece of piss. 

I have had some resistance bands delivered so going to do my own Pilates class tonight. When we went to the supermarket on Thursday night there was nothing left and I am not willing to brave the queues so I suspect the diet will take a bit of a hammering for a week or 2 although I am trying to be as good as possible. Been doing a lot of dancing around the house just to get my steps in. I was laughing at the thought of those first classes back at the gym when all this madness is over. We'll all be so unfit!! 

If they taken even stricter measures surely they'll have to postpone marathons even longer to give people time to train again.