Fitness for Glasto 2021

gigpusher

1 hour ago, lukethekid said:

Monday 9th March

Week 8 Weigh In

16st 13lb - 2lbs loss - Total Loss - 2st 1lb

Thought there was a chance this wasn’t happening this week, had a crap week, reached for the chocolate but then got back on the treadmill on Saturday and beat the 2 mile personal best again to 18mins 13secs. Going to up it to 5km over the next couple of weeks.

🏻

Nice one. What you hoping to be by the time the festival rolls round?

43 minutes ago, Superscally said:

If any of you fancy something to listen to on your commutes, training runs or gym trips - give this a go - my new podcast! Get to put a voice to the Efests handle! 😂

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/projects/mark-beaumont-cycling-around-the-world-in-78-days-podcast

excellent mate looking forward to listening! rest day today but will bang it on for tmro's training run

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Well done. We all have wobbles occasionally and I actually find the more relaxed I am about the fact that I am not going to eat perfectly healthy all the time the better I have been. The key is not letting a bad day or a bad weekend turn into a bad week, bad month and that's what you have done. 

2 hours ago, grilladelphia said:

gwan lad - decent work and also echo @gigpusher's sentiments about not letting a bad day turn into a bad week etc, although with me its more about staying off the naughties rather than food

Yeah that’s it you can’t let a dodgy day spiral, I’ve done this twice now, and the first time actually had a detrimental impact on my body because I lost weight that quickly it caused me to develop several gallstones which led to me having my gallbladder removed due to it, stupidly didn’t learn my lesson and went on holiday indulged and never stopped so did it all again and repeated exactly the same mistakes again, so this is the third time I’m on a big life change diet and once I’m where I wanna be I’ll just be sensible about eating and indulging in booze and whatnot. 

1 hour ago, august1 said:

Nice one. What you hoping to be by the time the festival rolls round?

I’m gonna say 14 - 14 and a half stone. I’m happy with 2 pounds a week at the minute as well, you’re not losing it too quickly then and it’ll be easier to keep off once it’s off. 

1 hour ago, lukethekid said:

Yeah that’s it you can’t let a dodgy day spiral, I’ve done this twice now, and the first time actually had a detrimental impact on my body because I lost weight that quickly it caused me to develop several gallstones which led to me having my gallbladder removed due to it, stupidly didn’t learn my lesson and went on holiday indulged and never stopped so did it all again and repeated exactly the same mistakes again, so this is the third time I’m on a big life change diet and once I’m where I wanna be I’ll just be sensible about eating and indulging in booze and whatnot. 

I’m gonna say 14 - 14 and a half stone. I’m happy with 2 pounds a week at the minute as well, you’re not losing it too quickly then and it’ll be easier to keep off once it’s off. 

Yep I have been that person too. My key thing this time was just eat and exercise like people I know who are naturally thin and aren't constantly on a diet. If I do that I worked on the principle that I could become one of them. I'm just sensible with portion sizes, plan for days out or meals that are unhealthier and  it's worked well for me so far. I'm eating now the way I will have to eat for life. There's no target, no time when I will be able to stop. This is healthier living and you know what it feels way better and easier than all the diets I have done in my life. I'm 14 months in and still going. 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Yep I have been that person too. My key thing this time was just eat and exercise like people I know who are naturally thin and aren't constantly on a diet. If I do that I worked on the principle that I could become one of them. I'm just sensible with portion sizes, plan for days out or meals that are unhealthier and  it's worked well for me so far. I'm eating now the way I will have to eat for life. There's no target, no time when I will be able to stop. This is healthier living and you know what it feels way better and easier than all the diets I have done in my life. I'm 14 months in and still going. 

A complete lifestyle change isn’t it, and that’s what I want as well but first I want to get to a point where I’m not so focussed on losing weight which will be when I get to that target that I’ve set and then after that I’ll then live my life in a sensible manner but be able to eat different things when the time comes but for now I’m just solely concentrating on losing weight as I feel that’s how I do it best, I am one of those people who if I have a bad day it can spiral out of control so I’m really pleased with myself that that didn’t happen last week but once I’ve reached my target I’ll know that that’s how I’m living my life from there on out. Anyone wanna get a dominos?

I agree - I want to lose about a stone.  I got there before and then put about half a stone back on where I stayed for a while.  And then between summer last year and now, another half a stone has gone back on.  Partly snacking at work (sausage rolls, biscuits and cakes - I work now in an office where this is more normal), partly drinking too much and partly not exercising.  15 weeks until the big G so that only means 1 lb a week needed, but I'm going to aim for 2 and hope I get there.  If I can do 2 lb, I'll be at target by Bearded Theory and then probably put some on that weekend and try to get back there by Glasto!

Returned to work today - I work in the NHS, closely involved with Covid-19 so pretty brutal first day back but am resisting hitting the bottle so far - go me!

4 hours ago, lukethekid said:

You've started and are on a similar path to me. So hopefully we are both 14 something in June!

I'll be keeping an eye out :D

40 minutes ago, august1 said:

You've started and are on a similar path to me. So hopefully we are both 14 something in June!

Get in, if we both hit our targets hope to cheers 🍻 a beer with you on the farm. Only if we hit our targets though 👍🏻

51 minutes ago, august1 said:

What’s your numbers, when did you start and what was your start weight and current weight? Keep up the good work. 

7 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

What’s your numbers, when did you start and what was your start weight and current weight? Keep up the good work. 

Was 18.4 after Christmas but taking 18 stone as my starting weight 9 weeks ago. 16 stone 3 pounds today. Hoping to hit 14 stone by the farm but will happily take 14 and a half.

• Like 1

Setting myself a target of being under 20 stone by the time the fest rolls round, currently at 21.12 so its doable - I'm lucky in that I'm quite tall so that the fat spreads round a bit! 

I was at 22 stone before last year's fest after doing a lot of muscular work in the gym so looking forward to seeing how I get on this time round. 

3 hours ago, rawrsomesauce said:

Setting myself a target of being under 20 stone by the time the fest rolls round, currently at 21.12 so its doable - I'm lucky in that I'm quite tall so that the fat spreads round a bit! 

I was at 22 stone before last year's fest after doing a lot of muscular work in the gym so looking forward to seeing how I get on this time round. 

Good luck getting to your target. 

10 hours ago, TheBurns said:

After a couple of heavy nights I hadn't been in the gym or ran for the last couple of weeks but went tonight after work and feel great! Need to make sure I don't lose the routine again. Maybe try to post more in here to keep myself accountable. 

It's so easy to lose the routine and forget how good it makes you feel. 

At least Glasto is almost in sight now and close enough to be something to work for. 

I'm in need of a few more tracks on my workout playlist, what are some of people's favourite workout songs? 

I'm a big fan of drum & bass when I'm running but am pretty open to suggestions, just need to be high tempo!

45 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

I'm in need of a few more tracks on my workout playlist, what are some of people's favourite workout songs? 

I'm a big fan of drum & bass when I'm running but am pretty open to suggestions, just need to be high tempo!

if you download mixcloud theres loads of good dnb mixes on there - try ravearchive they have some really good stuff - also critical music if you like the techier stuff

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 2:58 PM, Superscally said:

If any of you fancy something to listen to on your commutes, training runs or gym trips - give this a go - my new podcast! Get to put a voice to the Efests handle! 😂

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/projects/mark-beaumont-cycling-around-the-world-in-78-days-podcast

really enjoyed this mate - very suspenseful editing as well! :) 

10 minutes ago, Garrett_Salas said:

Right okay - to put minds off what is happening. Can people post good songs by artists on the lineup to put on a running playlist (as in high energy)? 

I was thinking Groove Armada and Fatboy are the obvious choices for me 

Dizzee Rascal too for energy 

Edited by gmb1992

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 6:44 PM, Superscally said:

They're so good - can't wait to hear the finished versions of the others! Glad you liked...

listened to the second episode on my run last night - thought the box jellyfish was a fucking octopus or giant squid when she first started describing it!