Fitness for Glasto 2021

gigpusher

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Pilates are worth looking into. My daughter in NZ was advised by a chiropractor to consider Pilates, it’s really helped her but she did take advice from her doc before starting. For some strange reason every Main Street in NZ seems to have a chiropractor, maybe our NZ members can explain! Could be all that lifting sheep over fences and the raising glasses  of all that craft beer ! 

ive used a chiropractor here before and got a long list of exercises ... ill start doing those for starters whilst I investigate the pilates option .... theres actually quite a few here when you investigate and the money they charge is astronomical ... probably why theres so many .. fortunately the work simply health plan covered most of it but not something i could ever afford after about 8 sessions when i hit my limit 

Forced myself back into the gym last night, very definitely avoided any work on the legs though!

Feel like I've shifted the focus too much onto running and away from the weights in the last 12 months, so trying to move the balance back a bit again.  Lost quite a bit of muscle mass recently, need to address this!

Run and bodyweight exercises last Friday, run Sunday, circuits yesterday, operation lose 1/2 stone by end on January has certainly begun.

Looking to train 5/6 times a week, a variation of weights and circuit training, and do the following circuit every other night:

20 x squats, 20 x press ups, 20 x leg raises, 20 x dips, 20 x lunges.  5 rounds. 

On 1/7/2020 at 10:02 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Pilates are worth looking into. My daughter in NZ was advised by a chiropractor to consider Pilates, it’s really helped her but she did take advice from her doc before starting. For some strange reason every Main Street in NZ seems to have a chiropractor, maybe our NZ members can explain! Could be all that lifting sheep over fences and the raising glasses  of all that craft beer ! 

Drives me nuts all these Chirow*nkers. Should be banned, and certainly shouldn’t be publicly funded. Go see a physiotherapist instead of an anti scientific, no medical training, magic peddling, vaccine denying quack.

Edit - not you, speaking generally :)

Edited by John the Moth
Direction
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Drives me nuts all these Chirow*nkers. Should be banned, and certainly shouldn’t be publicly funded. Go see a physiotherapist instead of an anti scientific, no medical training, magic peddling, vaccine denying quack.

Edit - not you, speaking generally :)

When we left Auckland to go  to a beach, a nature trail, a gannet colony etc etc every town we drove through no matter how small seemed to have a chiropractor!  They must make a few bucks. As you say, a good qualified physio is preferable. 

Thanks to borrowing my father in law’s gym pass, the Auckland parkrun and having bikes with our Airbnb in Corramandel, I’m flying home this afternoon having done eight exercise in the last eight days (and a few walks on top of that). Plus I’m now four days into a dry month. 

And if The jet lag is anywhere near as brutal as last time. I should be hitting the gym at 6am every day for the next three weeks! 

here’s a lovely beach we ‘tramped’ to the other day. Hope all are doing well on their jan goals!

7E6BDA7D-4DF9-49FD-B21F-0A61E1DBE47F.jpeg

On 1/8/2020 at 12:22 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Right, I suppose it's time my lardy arse re-entered this thread. After two weeks of pretty much freebasing sugar I need to get running again.

No marathons this year (or any year, ever again) but am doing the Big Half in London on 1st March. Need to crack on with training.

Have you/anyone ever done that 10k they do around the Olympic village on the first sat of each month? Considering signing up to the feb one to give me a bit of rubbing motivation (as opposed to mixing it up on the other cardio machines as well) For the next three weeks 

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Have you/anyone ever done that 10k they do around the Olympic village on the first sat of each month? Considering signing up to the feb one to give me a bit of rubbing motivation (as opposed to mixing it up on the other cardio machines as well) For the next three weeks 

I haven’t, but I’d like to.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Thanks to borrowing my father in law’s gym pass, the Auckland parkrun and having bikes with our Airbnb in Corramandel, I’m flying home this afternoon having done eight exercise in the last eight days (and a few walks on top of that). Plus I’m now four days into a dry month. 

And if The jet lag is anywhere near as brutal as last time. I should be hitting the gym at 6am every day for the next three weeks! 

here’s a lovely beach we ‘tramped’ to the other day. Hope all are doing well on their jan goals!

7E6BDA7D-4DF9-49FD-B21F-0A61E1DBE47F.jpeg

Cathedral Cove?

• Upvote 1

Nice light 5km this morning to finish the week, first run since Wales last weekend and legs definitely still feeling it :lol:

Hit a decent rhythm this week, 3 decent weights sessions, spin and this morning's run. It's a bit bro cliche, but I've gone back to my old school push/pull/legs training split and I definitely find it more motivating. Just need to get my rotator cuff working again and it's all systems go :)

Also signed up to the Forest of Dean trails half marathon for the end of March, keeping an eye on something specific to train for...

Got back from NZ yesterday and weighed myself. Appear to have put half a stone on in the last month (not too bad).

Slept midnight until 5am (also not too bad) so made spin before work this morning too.

Gonna have big- booze-free month and try and knock a stone off (done it before).

Edited by Homer

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 10:06 PM, Homer said:

is this organised by RunThrough? I'm doing a half marathon around the Olympic park area with them in Feb

As for this weekend: set a new pb at parkrun (20:11!) and got in an 11 miler on sunday - feeling a bit broken, I think ive done a bit of metatarsal damage to my middle toe so I'm going to hold off until Wednesday eve to go out again

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

As for this weekend: set a new pb at parkrun (20:11!) and got in an 11 miler on sunday - feeling a bit broken, I think ive done a bit of metatarsal damage to my middle toe so I'm going to hold off until Wednesday eve to go out again

Bloody hellfire that's going at some lick pal!  Brutal!

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 8:09 AM, okerich said:

So our group has decided its fitness training !! 

Sundays meet up at our local and have a couple of pints , then a 6 mile walk across dartmoor to a village pub have lunch and a minimum of 4 pints and walk back !! Should be ready come june 🤣🤣🤣

:)

I did a 5 mile walk in wellys across very muddy terrain, walking my dog, slipping and sliding, and through some deep water. Ended up in a pub for a couple of pints before coming home and blasting out some tunes.

That I reckon counts as training

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, grilladelphia said:

is this organised by RunThrough? I'm doing a half marathon around the Olympic park area with them in Feb

'The Race Organiser' it would appear. Incredible time at Parkrun there!

https://www.theraceorganiser.com/race-course-map/queen-elizabeth-olympic-park-february-10k-01-02-2020-09-30

1 hour ago, Homer said:

'The Race Organiser' it would appear. Incredible time at Parkrun there!

https://www.theraceorganiser.com/race-course-map/queen-elizabeth-olympic-park-february-10k-01-02-2020-09-30

ah yeah ive seen those ones advertised, not a bad price either really. shame I didn't have my barcode for parkrun so I was on the board as "unknown" - 23rd out of 702 runners though ill take that!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

ah yeah ive seen those ones advertised, not a bad price either really. shame I didn't have my barcode for parkrun so I was on the board as "unknown" - 23rd out of 702 runners though ill take that!

702?! Which run is that? 

Was surprised how small the Auckland one was. Prob not much more than 50 people running and no one pratting on about milestones, visitors beforehand!