Fitness for Glasto 2021

gigpusher

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just dug the pushbike out of the cellar. 

Moving house soon and my old 1 minute walk commute will be changing to a 20 min cycle twice a day. I’ve not been on it for four years. 

Can someone remind me how they work?

I think it's a bit like driving a car but red lights mean go.

• Upvote 1

Another 4.8 lb's lost this month bringing my total for the year to 5 stone 4.4lb's lost. Pilates going well and I am heading off to Clubbercise in about 5 minutes. Operation get fit for Glasto going well just need operation get Glasto tickets to go well now!! 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I both drive and ride a bike it does my head in when anyone jumps a red light. Especially when they hit and kill the person crossing, like I saw last week

Jesus - that must have been horrendous!

I had to slam my brakes on and beep earlier at a pedestrian who was walking backwards into the road without looking (?!). Unbelievable!

Edited by Homer

Big congrats to eFestivals fitness thread royalty @Superscally who tied the knot yesterday! Those who followed his over 15,000 mile (!) charity run may recall that he proposed to Nads at the finish line.

The big day was yesterday and was a great do - first time I’ve seen a mosh at a wedding! Here’s the man himself playing bass with his old covers band:

F978A11A-97F1-459A-BB79-832096BAB500.jpeg

• Upvote 4

Good work all, great work on the weight loss @gigpusher!

Had the joy of 80 mins of rugby in horizontal rain on Saturday, was more like swimming than running! Hoping for better weather this weekend, got an 80 mile cycling event up in Norfolk with Mrs Q; could really do without being blown into a ditch! :D

EDIT: And congrats @Superscally, hope you had a cracking day and best future wishes and all that :)

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Homer said:

Big congrats to eFestivals fitness thread royalty @Superscally who tied the knot yesterday! Those who followed his over 15,000 mile (!) charity run may recall that he proposed to Nads at the finish line.

The big day was yesterday and was a great do - first time I’ve seen a mosh at a wedding! Here’s the man himself playing bass with his old covers band:

F978A11A-97F1-459A-BB79-832096BAB500.jpeg

6 hours ago, Quark said:

Good work all, great work on the weight loss @gigpusher!

Had the joy of 80 mins of rugby in horizontal rain on Saturday, was more like swimming than running! Hoping for better weather this weekend, got an 80 mile cycling event up in Norfolk with Mrs Q; could really do without being blown into a ditch! :D

EDIT: And congrats @Superscally, hope you had a cracking day and best future wishes and all that :)

3 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Congratulations @Superscally Hope you had a wonderful day

Cheers guys, was chaotically brilliant! Our band were pretty decent considering it was only the third time we've played including practice in seven years! Too late for a run at the Pyramid? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ran 5k in 23.54 this morning, smashing my 26-minuter the other week. Turns out I just needed to run a bit faster!

Rewarded myself with some more rowing and running.

The 'fitness' part seems to be taking care of itself; just need to improve the 'for Glasto' part! 

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Ran 5k in 23.54 this morning, smashing my 26-minuter the other week. Turns out I just needed to run a bit faster!

Rewarded myself with some more rowing and running.

The 'fitness' part seems to be taking care of itself; just need to improve the 'for Glasto' part! 

Is it just me or are there a lot of people dedicated to getting fit for Glastonbury who find ourselves in the resale/ballot/volunteering/competition limbo of not knowing if we'll actually be there?

17 hours ago, Superscally said:

Cheers guys, was chaotically brilliant! Our band were pretty decent considering it was only the third time we've played including practice in seven years! Too late for a run at the Pyramid? 

Might be your easiest chance at an in for this year. I'll do backing vocals :D 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Might be your easiest chance at an in for this year. I'll do backing vocals :D 

58 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

Superscally & the Efests Orchestra?

I feel my talent may not necessarily justify lead billing but if it's on...it's on! Just don't expect Nile Rodgers! Chris Martin will probably show up though...

Just now, Superscally said:

I feel my talent may not necessarily justify lead billing but if it's on...it's on! Just don't expect Nile Rodgers! Chris Martin will probably show up though...

I'll change my name by deed poll to Christine Martin if it helps to say a Chris Martin is going to show up :D 

19 hours ago, morph100 said:

Going for a run, anyone got any Spotify running playlists? So far got Daft Punk Alive and various Drum n Bass and techno tracks....

Probably a bit late unless you're doing some sort of ultra marathon but worth downloading the Mixcloud app, always prefer a mix when im running as the gaps in between songs seems to slow me down a bit.  Ravearchive have a particularly good profile with a tonne of dnb mixes going back to early 90's.