Fitness for Glasto 2021

gigpusher

We've had a week to recover now. Time to get back on it and get to the 50th in even better physical condition. I have to say was very happy that I had lost the weight I had for this year as I did feel the difference moving around. My goal for this year is just to keep up with the healthy eating and moving more and see where it takes me. 

• Upvote 2

Stepping up to do the Brighton Marathon this year, went for about a 7km run on Sat which was surprisingly alright. (probably due to average 50k steps per day at glasto)

Considered the adidas city run 10k on sunday but its £40, would rather do a 10km along the thames path (beaut scenery (much better than Shoreditch) and spend £40 eating like a king for the rest of the day!

I lost 10Kg for 2019 and plan on shifting at least another 10Kg for 2020 (which will drop me from being Obese down to a healthy BMI).

Mowed the lawn Sunday and that was enough exercise to realize that I'm still suffering from the 175,000 Steps my fitbit said I clocked up Thurs-Sun, so the next step is to re-join the Gym and get some training in to strengthen my core muscles and get some stamina....

Im honestly in the best shape of my life from last weekend. My theighs are like chiseled rock and usually are like unmolded jello left in the sun. 

I'm going to try my darndest to keep them at their current level and next year will be a breeze. I went rock climbing a few times before the fest and I think I'll join the gym and keep at it!

• Like 2

Went to the gym Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun.

Flying to Lisbon on Weds but signing up for a four-hour city bike tour on Thurs morning. Those things are usually pretty light going, so hoping the effort involved won't count against me when I'm trying to stay up until 4am that night for Hot Chip!

Safe to say I am not quite the full shilling yet. Managed spin last Wednesday really wasn't ready for that!) And nearly coughed up a lung.

But got on the scales on Sunday, and while I'm not right back to square one I've undone about 50% of what I achieved on the diet as a result of holiday, a stag in Amsterdam and then Glastonbury, plus generally slipping back into bad habits. Still not bad by any stretch, but a jolt to get back on it.

So, 500m interval runs in the park tonight, followed by a session on the stair climber and a finisher on a prowler sled in the gym. Taking @Superscally's advice and mixing up the legwork a bit with an eye on the half marathon in September.

Also signed up with Mrs Q for a UK Cycling 100km sportive in the New Forest in September. 

Turning 40 next year, so I've got a few targets I want to meet before then :)

Intending to keep in shape for the next few weeks by

Bluedot including my 50th on the Sunday
Two days at home then Kendal Calling 
Party at home the following weekend for said 50th.
A week in work and then a week at Farmer Phils Festival

I am in training.

Stay in the pink with cigs and drink

12 hours ago, Quark said:

Safe to say I am not quite the full shilling yet. Managed spin last Wednesday really wasn't ready for that!) And nearly coughed up a lung.

But got on the scales on Sunday, and while I'm not right back to square one I've undone about 50% of what I achieved on the diet as a result of holiday, a stag in Amsterdam and then Glastonbury, plus generally slipping back into bad habits. Still not bad by any stretch, but a jolt to get back on it.

So, 500m interval runs in the park tonight, followed by a session on the stair climber and a finisher on a prowler sled in the gym. Taking @Superscally's advice and mixing up the legwork a bit with an eye on the half marathon in September.

Also signed up with Mrs Q for a UK Cycling 100km sportive in the New Forest in September. 

Turning 40 next year, so I've got a few targets I want to meet before then :)

You'll smash it dude!

I had my first run post fest last Thursday and I struggled a lot, think I’m wasn't recovered enough yet. Then did a 12km on Sunday and despite the heat it went well, a 6km tempo run last night combined with two days of cycling to work means my legs are aching but I’m still doing my interval training this evening. Need to lose those 4lbs gained at the festival! 

I've got to half marathons before the end of the year then I'm hoping my number comes up in the London Marathon so I'll almost definitely be in the best shape for Glasto (if I keep it up for the 2 months after)

I do worry that marathon training will mean I can't drink as much though, so I'll need to try and keep my alcohol tolerance up too ;) 

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Both my sets of stupid socket iPhone headphones broke within a day of each other. Just did cardio with no audio assistance and only the crap gym music for company. Surely no greater achievement in human civilisation!

You are the role model we all aspire to be battling on in trying conditions!!

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Both my sets of stupid socket iPhone headphones broke within a day of each other. Just did cardio with no audio assistance and only the crap gym music for company. Surely no greater achievement in human civilisation!

Jesus, was that on a treadmill? Ouch.

Outside for fitness training, treadmill for monotony training.

Ticket permitting I need to work on whatever muscle group supports a lot of standing up. My back gets sore after a long day on my feet, might be age but pretty sure the right exercise will help too. I have lost over a stone since 2017 festival so should be quicker over the ground and able to squeeze into smaller spaces than ever before,

1 minute ago, TheNewUnion said:

Ticket permitting I need to work on whatever muscle group supports a lot of standing up. My back gets sore after a long day on my feet, might be age but pretty sure the right exercise will help too. I have lost over a stone since 2017 festival so should be quicker over the ground and able to squeeze into smaller spaces than ever before,

Yes my step count was higher this time but mainly because I tried to keep moving because I seized up if I stood still too long. By the time The Cure came on on Sunday I was broken as was my husband and we both said it's the standing rather than the walking that killed us. 

Not entirely sure what I need to work on I'm thinking a stronger core in general will help with it and I assume the more weight I lose the less pressure on my skeleton in the first place although I think my husband might have been even more broken than me and he is supposedly fitter than me. 

I'm looking to start some pilates to help with my back. If anyone has any links to any good you tube videos for a beginner then please feel free to recommend. I'm hoping this will help. 

8 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Ticket permitting, I was also wondering what the best type of fitness is, I'm guessing mobility and whatever it takes to build endurance. 

29 minutes ago, Quark said:

Jesus, was that on a treadmill? Ouch.

Outside for fitness training, treadmill for monotony training.

I mix it up to relieve the boredom  and vary my exercise- 40 mins timed total on run, ski, X-trainer and rowing (I reckon the bikes are a waste of time outside of spin). Recommended! I through in some leg weights too to get ready for my Lisbon bike ride on Thurs (it's going to be 33 apparently!).

The results are in! I only gymed twice last week (instead of 5) but I've been 3x so far since Sat.  I also drank booze on Fri, Sat and Sun. However, I've still lost three pounds since just before I went to Glasto (the Thurs morning). Proof that festivals are good for you! (I lost the same amount the week I went to Shindig too.)