gmb1992

Campervans

39 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Out of interest, did East have long drops this year? West always had portaloos before but this year changed to long drops.

nope.

Longdrops are only on the land Michael controls which doesn't include the east fields.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

nope.

Longdrops are only on the land Michael controls which doesn't include the east fields.

Ah I see. Thanks 

On 7/8/2019 at 6:00 PM, Penrhos said:

I find Campervans are like tents - if it states 6-berth then it's fit for 4 adults, 4-berth = 2 Adults. I have a T2 and it's done it's fourth Glasto this year, but it's a money pit and doesn't have a toilet.

The first time I hired a CV it was from Motorholme - never again, it was a nightmare to get the deposit back and they charged if £35 for losing one of the clips for the awning (it cost £8 inc postage from the manufacturer). Was £1600 for a 6-berth for the week + £400 deposit.

Plenty of rentals about so I'd wait until you have a ticket & CV pitch before booking one.

Don't forget if it's > 8M it's supposed to be Bath & West - although there were some obviously longer than 8M in East Quiet this year. We arrived Wed afternoon and were at the back of E16 = 20 minute walk to PG-C as the closer fields were already full..

Woohoo! Money pit! I'm about to sink another 6k into mine! 😂

Are there dump stations/ places for emptying waste water in the CV fields or am I expecting too much? 

31 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Are there dump stations/ places for emptying waste water in the CV fields or am I expecting too much? 

Yep. Plenty of water points and chemical toilet dumps

31 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Yes there are - big flat metal containers which are /should be used for both toilet waste and waste water.  Although I suspect a fair amount of 'grey' water is drained onto the field...

Cool I didn't know whether to expect just a field, but I guess they need to have somewhere for the waste to avoid people just dumping it onto the grass. 

A lot of people leaving east CV on Monday had "Water leaks" from the grey water tanks as they drove down the exit roadways - surely this is just as bad as pissing on the fields.

People were emptying the toilet cassette into the Turdises instead of walking to the tanks...

2 hours ago, Penrhos said:

A lot of people leaving east CV on Monday had "Water leaks" from the grey water tanks as they drove down the exit roadways - surely this is just as bad as pissing on the fields.

People were emptying the toilet cassette into the Turdises instead of walking to the tanks...

Genuinely don't know.  I did take my grey water to the tanks along with my loo cassette, but not sure how bad grey water is for the land - no different (other than quantity) to people having home-made showers/washes in the campsites?

Why you would empty your cassette in a Portaloo is beyond me.  It would go everywhere, surely?

Probably the same lazy buggers who dumped soiled nappies in one on Thursday night.....

The Dump tank was at the other side of the field = LAZY buggers.