Campervans

gmb1992

On 7/8/2019 at 6:00 PM, Penrhos said:

I find Campervans are like tents - if it states 6-berth then it's fit for 4 adults, 4-berth = 2 Adults. I have a T2 and it's done it's fourth Glasto this year, but it's a money pit and doesn't have a toilet.

The first time I hired a CV it was from Motorholme - never again, it was a nightmare to get the deposit back and they charged if £35 for losing one of the clips for the awning (it cost £8 inc postage from the manufacturer). Was £1600 for a 6-berth for the week + £400 deposit.

Plenty of rentals about so I'd wait until you have a ticket & CV pitch before booking one.

Don't forget if it's > 8M it's supposed to be Bath & West - although there were some obviously longer than 8M in East Quiet this year. We arrived Wed afternoon and were at the back of E16 = 20 minute walk to PG-C as the closer fields were already full..

Woohoo! Money pit! I'm about to sink another 6k into mine! ?

31 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Are there dump stations/ places for emptying waste water in the CV fields or am I expecting too much? 

Yes there are - big flat metal containers which are /should be used for both toilet waste and waste water.  Although I suspect a fair amount of 'grey' water is drained onto the field...

A lot of people leaving east CV on Monday had "Water leaks" from the grey water tanks as they drove down the exit roadways - surely this is just as bad as pissing on the fields.

People were emptying the toilet cassette into the Turdises instead of walking to the tanks...

2 hours ago, Penrhos said:

A lot of people leaving east CV on Monday had "Water leaks" from the grey water tanks as they drove down the exit roadways - surely this is just as bad as pissing on the fields.

People were emptying the toilet cassette into the Turdises instead of walking to the tanks...

Genuinely don't know.  I did take my grey water to the tanks along with my loo cassette, but not sure how bad grey water is for the land - no different (other than quantity) to people having home-made showers/washes in the campsites?

Why you would empty your cassette in a Portaloo is beyond me.  It would go everywhere, surely?

• 3 years later...
On 7/9/2019 at 1:25 PM, Penrhos said:

From experience the back of E19 (after the turn for the gate to East CV), the back of E20 or E23 are the prime fields in East quiet, E24/25 are as far away from PG-C as E18. the toilets in E23, E24, E25, E17, E16, E15, E14 are usually OK for 90% of festival (Monday morning they were bad...) it depends on if some lazy git has dumped nappies or emptied the toilet cassette into them overnight.

Any idea where we'd get put if we had an East Quiet CV ticket, but only able to arrive on Wednesday afternoon? I'm guessing we'd be one of the last...?

No real way of knowing, at that point the stewards will likely be filling up whatever space is left all over the site. 

As an example this year we rocked up at midday on Tuesday as the fields were being filled up row by row. We ended up at pretty much tbe furthest point you could be from gate C. Had we been half an hour earlier or later we'd be at the end of the same row at the closest point to gate C. 

2019 we turned up around 1pm on Wednesday. Stewards directed us round the entire circumference of the fields and when none could find a space and we were back at the entrance they started another line about 50m away. 

Edited by hurdy

2 hours ago, KLL said:

Any idea where we'd get put if we had an East Quiet CV ticket, but only able to arrive on Wednesday afternoon? I'm guessing we'd be one of the last...?

Here is how they are filled, Fiona Ingram is the East Campervan site manager.....

314370127_10160426478178769_5007407131939600635_n.jpg

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Here is how they are filled, Fiona Ingram is the East Campervan site manager.....

314370127_10160426478178769_5007407131939600635_n.jpg

Good to know. We got in just after 8am on the Tuesday, maybe 50-100 CVs ahead of us, parked up close to the front of E20, I think you could still get into E20 in the first morning. Same goes for E18 with regular CV tickets in previous years.

55 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Good to know. We got in just after 8am on the Tuesday, maybe 50-100 CVs ahead of us, parked up close to the front of E20, I think you could still get into E20 in the first morning. Same goes for E18 with regular CV tickets in previous years.

and there's the rub... 

you could get in an hour later and be so far east in E17 that you are almost in Wiltshire.. and 24 hours later you can be so far west in E14 that you are a road width from Quiet Area

neither matters... i measure it as being either a one can or two can of breakfast cider walk... 

4 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Did you queue up overnight to get in early morning or just show up?

Like is there a queue waiting for them to open the same way you get in the pedestrian gates?

13 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Did you queue up overnight to get in early morning or just show up?

Like is there a queue waiting for them to open the same way you get in the pedestrian gates?

No, there's no facility to queue up overnight, the police will move you on. Several of us park up at a nearby pub (free, with the promise we will eat there on the Monday night). We get a message from friends who work the festival when the gates are open, and it takes us no more than 10 mins to drive to the CV entrance. 

The huge benefits are we have almost no wait or hassle to drive in (At best from leaving the pub to parking up 20 mins), and we are in sight of the top of the hill of death. And Tuesday is great fun, we have a food & drink party, then catch the lovely views over the festival with many others early evening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2019 at 6:03 PM, The Nal said:

I gave up on campervans after they put us in E17. Just too far a walk. 20/25 mins to gate C. Nah. 

Last year we had Thursday coach so I left my Campervan near Bath and West and then drove into CVE on a friend's CV ticket.  The last vans end up in East 14 which is not too far.

On 11/18/2022 at 12:35 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

No, there's no facility to queue up overnight, the police will move you on. Several of us park up at a nearby pub (free, with the promise we will eat there on the Monday night). We get a message from friends who work the festival when the gates are open, and it takes us no more than 10 mins to drive to the CV entrance. 

The huge benefits are we have almost no wait or hassle to drive in (At best from leaving the pub to parking up 20 mins), and we are in sight of the top of the hill of death. And Tuesday is great fun, we have a food & drink party, then catch the lovely views over the festival with many others early evening.

Sounds like you're the person to know!! I'm staying at a Hotel in West Pennard this year with the kids the Monday night. Gonna have dinner and a bit of luxury before slumming it in our little old van. They've said I can park with the caravan overnight, so we'll be 10 mins round the corner in the morning. Really don't wanna be sat in queues with the little people needing the toilet etc, and also want to be as close as possible just to make things that little bit easier on their little legs. I'm going to be on my own with them for setting up and for the first few days so looking forward to getting in early and having a nice relaxing Tuesday. I was hoping there would be some kind of notification on here where people give the "go, go, go!" 🤣🤣  

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

14 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Sounds like you're the person to know!! I'm staying at a Hotel in West Pennard this year with the kids the Monday night. Gonna have dinner and a bit of luxury before slumming it in our little old van. They've said I can park with the caravan overnight, so we'll be 10 mins round the corner in the morning. Really don't wanna be sat in queues with the little people needing the toilet etc, and also want to be as close as possible just to make things that little bit easier on their little legs. I'm going to be on my own with them for setting up and for the first few days so looking forward to getting in early and having a nice relaxing Tuesday. I was hoping there would be some kind of notification on here where people give the "go, go, go!" 🤣🤣  

Yes, that can be done. Despite the official CV fields opening time of noon it’s been around 8am over recent years. 

15 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Generally speaking someone will announce that they are in on one of the groups. I think last year I noticed a Facebook post and mentioned it to @Avalon_Fieldsin case he wasn't already on his way.