Upton Blues, Jazz festival

itspoppy

Hi itspoppy, I'll be there with my caravan - a Dethleffs Camper (it's big a twin axle caravan and not as the name suggests a campervan).  I'll probably have a Grumpyhack poster in the window.  Do call round for a coffee or something stronger. Cheers Pete (aka Grumpyhack).

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2019 at 10:48 PM, grumpyhack said:

Hi itspoppy, I'll be there with my caravan - a Dethleffs Camper (it's big a twin axle caravan and not as the name suggests a campervan).  I'll probably have a Grumpyhack poster in the window.  Do call round for a coffee or something stronger. Cheers Pete (aka Grumpyhack).

Fantastic, correction we are staying in a motorhome! Will be with a few of my nans festival pals, I’m certain they would welcome you in too! Will look out for your grumpyhack poster :)

Edited by itspoppy
Grumpyhack not grumpyjack

On 7/12/2019 at 11:17 AM, Karlhippy said:

Don't miss Steve Ajao, and the Delray Rockets - great live bands.

Loved the Delray Rockets.  My band of the festival (apart from Danny Bryant who was on his usual excellent form).  Also good fun to watch at The Wheelhouse at Upton Marina.  Decent view and not too crowded.  Will be recommending them to my mate who runs the Cambridge Rock Festival, which I'm off to on Thursday - a long haul with a big caravan from South Wales but going back for old time's sake.  Although CRF leans towards the prog side of rock, a bit of rockabilly and getting everyone dancing always goes down well.

The jury is still out on whether I'd go to Upton again next year (mind you I used to say that after every Glastonbury and I always went back F5 ticket gods permitting).  I found the Big Top Stage difficult because my back means I have to do most of my music watching sitting, so we were outside and didn't get such a good view.

• 2 weeks later...