Jump to content
BlueDaze

Credit card fraud

Recommended Posts

On 2/10/2020 at 10:48 AM, glasto-worker said:

yes that makes sense. 

One Year in the WBC Crew Bar some idiot left their bag and there was a load of drugs sorted into small plastic bags { which was clearly meant to sell }

Only problem was ' that others did spot my Team picking up the bag ' so that tied our hands as it creates all sorts of problems.

If I was on my own - I would have had a stern word with them as not only were they breaking the law ' they could affect all their team ' because if the WBC thought that there was any possibility that someone was selling behind a bar it would mean the whole team would get barred.

Sure their intention may have not involved where they were working ' but just bringing in that bag to where they work ' would be enough to get them kicked out.

My Team handed the bag to a Manager and it was searched by a Senior Manager and at that point I was asked to witness it - as soon as we saw the thousands of pounds of drugs ' We knew we were stuffed '

It was decided to pass it to the Council so not sure what happened after that as it did get a bit hectic that night.

what a fucking idiot for leaving their bag { and driving licence } so they could not claim it was not their bag.

It was someone who was new so perhaps they did not think they were doing anything wrong but I am sure they now know they were bloody daft.

Interesting story. I mean fucking hell. How do you just go about leaving a bag with those contents around? Why wasn't it lashed to the person with built in fail safe systems eg saying to yourself ' All the shit's in that bag. The very single most thing that I need to do is to keep a hold of that bag' etc etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 11:30 AM, DareToDibble said:

So a story of mine from this year...

When I got to the wristband part of entry I leaned forward to put my bags on the floor and my money fell out of my bumbag (which I had around my neck at the time). Picked it up, got into the festival and started to head towards Oxlyers. We stopped at the entrance to Silver Hayes for a quick break and I noticed my phone was gone. Major panic.

Left my bags with my friends and ran to the information booth by Gate A, nothing. Actually got one of the stewards to walk me back through ticketing/wrist-banding as I assumed it had fallen out at the same time as my money and I hadn’t noticed. Nothing.

Used my girlfriends phone to do “Find my iPhone” and it was.... in Silver Hayes. Walked back to my group and set the alarm off on my phone.

It was inside one of my wellies in a bag 🤦🏻‍♂️ When my money fell out of my bum bag so did my phone... into my bloody welly. 
 

Unsurprisingly, my friends haven’t let me forget that one :lol: 

Yeah, but no, but yeah, but did the money also fall in to the welly? Apologies if you have actually explained that already, but I this head's addled, and needs all the help it can get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Interesting story. I mean fucking hell. How do you just go about leaving a bag with those contents around? Why wasn't it lashed to the person with built in fail safe systems eg saying to yourself ' All the shit's in that bag. The very single most thing that I need to do is to keep a hold of that bag' etc etc

its quite easily done .... year before last I was security checked on the way in and backpack searched ... no issue for me apart from the fact it contained everything vital to me surviving the festival .... needles and drugs galore ...  off I went into the festival and then realised to my horror that id left it at the security checkpoint ... so  I had to go back and get it .... fortunately it was still there , and my insulin was untouched :) 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its quite easily done .... year before last I was security checked on the way in and backpack searched ... no issue for me apart from the fact it contained everything vital to me surviving the festival .... needles and drugs galore ...  off I went into the festival and then realised to my horror that id left it at the security checkpoint ... so  I had to go back and get it .... fortunately it was still there , and my insulin was untouched :) 

Yeah, I get what you are saying. At Shambala I went to get my ticket out at the tickety place, and a big bag of white powder flew in to the air, and fell on my bag in front of me. I looked to my side and there was a bloke looking in horror, at the scenario. So, I picked up the bag, put it in my pocket, and just pretended that that didn't just happen. And they let me in. Got to love that festival. Got to get to grips with being a 'little' too casual about 'things'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold on a minute. Yours could have been life and death. I didn't mean to not immediately recognise that. it's just that I'm so, so, so wrapped up in myself, that I couldn't wait to tell you about me. Or, at least, that's how it's now going through my mind. The thing is I'm from Birmingham. You know that very last black mark, back there. That's a full stop, and it's there for a reason! 

I think I speak for all on here that we're rooting for you to get a ticket. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hold on a minute. Yours could have been life and death. I didn't mean to not immediately recognise that. it's just that I'm so, so, so wrapped up in myself, that I couldn't wait to tell you about me. Or, at least, that's how it's now going through my mind. The thing is I'm from Birmingham. You know that very last black mark, back there. That's a full stop, and it's there for a reason! 

I think I speak for all on here that we're rooting for you to get a ticket. :)

 

I typed it deliberately in a particular way to end with the insulin bit  :) .... it might have been life or death  ... although perhaps longer term..  and fortunately either the festival pharmacy or a shortish drive home  would have sorted me out ... it was the one thing I really had to not loose ... id put my spares in that bag too ready to put securely in the lockups  ... and id managed to leave it at security ... think they made me nervous unnecessarily ... and thanks for the latter bit ... somehow i think ill be there  :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I typed it deliberately in a particular way to end with the insulin bit  :) .... it might have been life or death  ... although perhaps longer term..  and fortunately either the festival pharmacy or a shortish drive home  would have sorted me out ... it was the one thing I really had to not loose ... id put my spares in that bag too ready to put securely in the lockups  ... and id managed to leave it at security ... think they made me nervous unnecessarily ... and thanks for the latter bit ... somehow i think ill be there  :)  

I turn up at airports fantastically early. I say that it's my ocd, but really it's because i want to go on the piss as soon as. Anyway, this has often led me to somehow lose stuff. One particular trip to Egypt saw me disassociated with not only my bags, but my mind too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I turn up at airports fantastically early. I say that it's my ocd, but really it's because i want to go on the piss as soon as. Anyway, this has often led me to somehow lose stuff. One particular trip to Egypt saw me disassociated with not only my bags, but my mind too! 

did your mind get returned to you or is it stuck in one of those never ending baggage loops ? :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

...the festival pharmacy...sorted me out...

I dropped a ton of stuff on my way in one year. Amongst the missing stuff was the GTN spray for my angina.

The medical centre sorted me out straight away after I'd explained myself. Despite the long line of people in front of me waiting to be seen with injuries. For a, "suggested donation", of a fiver. Which was cheaper than a proper prescription would have cost me. Absolute troopers they are.

Got back to the car on the Monday and said spray was sitting in the car door pocket, where it had obviously dropped out of my pocket before I'd dropped all of the other stuff.

Edited by MrZigster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I turn up at airports fantastically early. I say that it's my ocd, but really it's because i want to go on the piss as soon as. Anyway, this has often led me to somehow lose stuff. One particular trip to Egypt saw me disassociated with not only my bags, but my mind too! 

My wife and I got to Heathrow so early last year we had to wait an hour for the shuttle buses from the car park to start running. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Interesting story. I mean fucking hell. How do you just go about leaving a bag with those contents around? Why wasn't it lashed to the person with built in fail safe systems eg saying to yourself ' All the shit's in that bag. The very single most thing that I need to do is to keep a hold of that bag' etc etc

Well it can average out at 6 bags and 5 Smartphones per day - I keep telling them to stick their name on the back of the phone but No fucker pains attention .

its all put in a big box and if they want their phone back they have to get a friend to dial it and if it rings they get the phone back - assuming it still has a charge - if its flat they are stuffed and they have to pick it up from the office in London once they can show a receipt.

## but these Jokers just want to see what is in the box so they can pick up their own phone - But seeing they could point to the most expensive one that is not a option ##

just to really wind them up - I flash the back of my phone -with a sticky label - name address and which group I am in - so if they all did the same they would get their phone back much quicker.

Bags we have to go though ' as we write up a report of the contents ' just so there is no arguments if someone claims there is money missing . { inspected by 2 people }

## I am trying to get them to include a finders fee { which we will give to charity } which may encourage people to look after their own stuff ##

I know if I owned a £1,000+ phone I would not leave it in a bar that 1,200 crew use.

My phone is zipped up in a side pocket and I never leave it on a table. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

did your mind get returned to you or is it stuck in one of those never ending baggage loops ? :) 

No, I never did get my own mind (what was mine, and everything) back. Nor did I get my clothing back. This was my stance when I met the  opposition/ gestapo / Nothing to Declare staff isle;

Image result for action man pants

 

Yes, yet again, I'd somehow stripped down to the level of being seen in public, wearing y front type underwear, whilst not actually having a y front. Don't explain that to me, explain it to 'God' because I'm pretty sure he / she / it is going to be asking.

You can imagine the shock and horror, physically felt, as urine started dribbling out of my pants, and became exposed, for all to see? You can imagine that? Perv! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I handed in a £250 camera at Bestival. Took some funny photos with friends before handing it in at lost & found whilst leaving the arena as I didn’t want to miss the bands I planned to see (fair enough no?). Guy had been sat outside l&f came rushing up to me asking what I was handing in, it was his camera, didn’t get a thank you or anything, in fact he complained that I’d taken too long to hand it in.

Makes me think I should have kept it but karma (I like to think) came around when I lost my camera at Glasto the next year. It was handed in & managed to get back some awesome memories like the mass photo bomb during The Vaccines. I wish whoever handed it in had left a note so I could have repaid them in some way. Also awesome of Glasto to post it recorded delivery back to meDSC_0320.thumb.jpg.54c50179e579070929fbc2666f3dad6c.jpg free of cost. I donated a tenner to Wateraid.

Edited by Bisque

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh btw, I always slip a name, address (parents) & phone number in my phone cover and put my phone number on my camera & take a pic of name, address & number on my camera as my first pic. Probably will do it on my phone too as my background pic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yeah, but no, but yeah, but did the money also fall in to the welly? Apologies if you have actually explained that already, but I this head's addled, and needs all the help it can get.

I noticed the money falling out at the time so picked it up and put it in my pocket. Somehow the phone managed a stealth move from bumbag to welly though :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have another cheap phone I take with me and background/screensaver on main phone says if found call the number of my backup phone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dondo said:

I have another cheap phone I take with me and background/screensaver on main phone says if found call the number of my backup phone. 

I used to do this with a cheap Blackberry & some batteries off eBay from China. I don’t bother anymore out of laziness & a decent portable charger.

I still have a crappy solar charger kicking about somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bisque said:

I used to do this with a cheap Blackberry & some batteries off eBay from China. I don’t bother anymore out of laziness & a decent portable charger.

I still have a crappy solar charger kicking about somewhere.

I still take my main phone too as have portable chargers. The cheaper one is in case I lose my main one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dondo said:

I have another cheap phone I take with me and background/screensaver on main phone says if found call the number of my backup phone. 

Don't rely on the screensaver.  When I lost mine a few years ago they said at the lost property office that with the number of lost phones they don't go through and charge them up if the battery's dead. I take the same approach as Bisque and stick my name and address in the case, plus a fiver to cover postage costs or a beer for the finder :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Quark said:

Don't rely on the screensaver.  When I lost mine a few years ago they said at the lost property office that with the number of lost phones they don't go through and charge them up if the battery's dead. I take the same approach as Bisque and stick my name and address in the case, plus a fiver to cover postage costs or a beer for the finder :)

Ok. Thanks for that I'll stick the details in the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Quark said:

Don't rely on the screensaver.  When I lost mine a few years ago they said at the lost property office that with the number of lost phones they don't go through and charge them up if the battery's dead. I take the same approach as Bisque and stick my name and address in the case, plus a fiver to cover postage costs or a beer for the finder :)

Now that's the proper way to lose a phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only take cash and have cash put by in lockers or some place safe just in case.. Always take old pay as you go phone.. No cards nothing that will ruin time at festivals if lost... With cards they can take details so easily nowadays.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...