Lost and found

mpsamuels

I don't know if anyone here is involved with the lost and found team or if you may have been the person who handed a lost camera (probably found in the Greenpeace field) to a member of staff early Saturday morning but on the off chance you are I'd just like to put into writing a HUGE thank you for your help in re-uniting me with my camera after I rather stupidly misplaced it.

The camera itself is a mid-range DSLR and probably far from the most expensive item anyone has lost at the festival in the past but also expensive enough for me to be annoyed with myself at the thought of having to replace it after owning it for only two years. Although obviously replaceable as a material item the camera also has some sentimental value having been purchased while on honeymoon (thanks to a story involving another DSLR and a scuba trip on the first day of our hoiday!) and contained the photos of the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this years festival, the first Glastonbury I had attended with my wife since our Glastonbury inspired wedding in 2017.

I'll save you all the details of my involvement with them but suffice to say that my experience with the lost and found team is that they were all great at being a smiley face with helpful endeavour to turn to at times when everyone stood in the queue at their desk probably felt like their festival had turned into a nightmare. The number of happy festival goers being reunited with lost phones, wallets and, in one case, a pair of glasses essential for the man in question to be able to safely drive home was almost unbelievable and it felt like a mini miracle was being performed each time someone was handed their lost item. Seeing the number of shocked and smiling faces of those reunited with their things walking away from the farm building was an experience I'll not forget any time soon.and reminded me of exactly what everyone often refers to as "The Glastonbury Spirit". I've no doubt that at any other festival the chances of seeing your lost item again is a lot lower but with the good will of the Glastonbury population and, most importantly, hard work of the lost and found team faith in humanity is restored!

As the service is provided by the festival rather than charity volunteers and there was no information available on who found and returned my camera I have no way of showing my gratitude to those involved in reuniting me with the camera directly but have made a donation to Greenpeace and WaterAid on behalf of the Glastonbury lost and found team. I hope the gesture is appreciated by whoever was kind enough to give my camera to a member of staff.

With all that said, as great a job as they do, i'll definitely be keeping my camera closer to hand in future and although i wish them all the best in continuing the unbelievable service they offer I do hope I won't be seeing the lost and found team again any time soon ?

• Upvote 3