John Peel announcer

august1

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Thanks for this. I find the backstage operations and production of the festival fascinating. The overall festival is actually a combination of very independent mini festivals, each with their own vibe. So interesting to see. Do we know if there are any similar videos for other stages/areas?

18 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Thanks for sharing, I'd not seen this before. I see that @crazyfool1's mates make an appearance near the end

They do indeed 🙂 … what a day that was …. October Drift and Killers in the same tent on the same day … still reckon they are on an upward tradjectory … OD that is , not the killers … I remember @Jim Fox introducing the lads 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

They do indeed 🙂 … what a day that was …. October Drift and Killers in the same tent on the same day … still reckon they are on an upward tradjectory … OD that is , not the killers … I remember @Jim Fox introducing the lads 

Any chance they'll be back any time soon d'you think? They were superb last time and the new stuff is great.

2 minutes ago, mickthevoice said:

Any chance they'll be back any time soon d'you think? They were superb last time and the new stuff is great.

not this year .... although they do seem to have lots of festivals and other stuff booked in .... I reckon they will be in with a very good shout for the following year though ... I wouldn't know quite where to place them though as clearly they would need a higher placing than JP opener 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mickthevoice said:

They're appearing at Bearded Theory this year again, moved up the timings quite a lot since a couple of years ago when (I think) they opened the stage.  Looking forward to seeing them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reflekting said:

That was magnificent, a great moment indeed. 

I also really enjoyed M83s set in 2016 in there, a great set and fun atmosphere in the tent. 

I stumbled on this set on my way up the hill to the toilets from Beat Hotel and was so glad to find it. GREAT set! 

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Phoenix headlining on Sunday in 2013 was the best party in the JP. Everyone formed a huge circle of the whole tent afterwards with New York, New York playing and I think you came out and shook everyone's hand 

I was there, in the circle. Pretty sure I shook @Jim Fox as well.