How much would you pay for a ticket?

K2SO

17 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

£500 for the festival as it is, although if every other ticket was that expensive then the clientele would almost certainly be too horrendous to spend five days around

Would also happily pay up to about £350 if the deal was that I couldn’t watch anyone on the Pyramid or Other

So you hate anyone with the money to spend £500 on a ticket but you would spend that yourself? So you hate yourself or are you just a hypocrite? Why would it be ok for you to go but everyone else would be ‘too horrendous’? Would you be happy with that conclusion being made about you by a complete stranger who knows nothing about you?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

I never buy a ticket but normally end up spending at least £100 paying someone to help break me in.

So I suppose I would be reluctant to pay much more than that, but say if there was no other option than to buy a genuine ticket I think i'd go as high as £200, but definitely no higher.

Glastonbury wastes a lot of money on rubbish pop acts at the main stages and all the jazz, acoustic and other boring malarkey at places like "The Park" and the healing fields, I would hate the idea of subsidising that when I don't even like it. So I think £200 for a ticket is more than fair, considering I don't go to about 50% of the festival.

So the festival should only put on acts you like? 

I could easily afford to pay double what it currently costs but I think that would be wrong.

1 minute ago, Smeble said:

I don't go to about 50% of the festival

No-one does. I would probably be quite happy spending my weekend in Avalon, that would be what about 10% of the festival (by crowd capacity)?

I hope that Emily still tries to keep it as affordable as possible.

I'd probably be limited to the current price (or certainly within twenty or so pounds of it). It's already a stretch for me and probably a lot of others, I think the setup at the moment helps to make it accessible to as many people as possible whilst remaining financially viable. It helps that the setup inside makes it possible to have an amazing time with minimal spending (I had an amazing time spending fifty five pounds on site, thirty on alcohol beforehand, managed to get slaughtered and eat well for the full 5 days).

I think a lot of replies are missing this bit from the first post:

If, a month before the festival, Mr Eavis came to you and offered you a ticket, knowing it is all legitimate, what is the most you would pay for a guaranteed ticket next summer?

it's not about general ticket pricing, but more leaning towards what would you spend if you hadn't got a ticket from the normal channels.

Practical answer is that I wouldn't go for it, as a month out I'd have realistically booed in for a couple of smaller festivals or to do something with Mrs Q (and yes I'm aware that the festivals option was first :lol:) so I'd have made my peace and spent my cash elsewhere.

In reality I'd probably accept an extra £100 on top and reduce my booze / food intake. So call it 3 fiddy.

32 minutes ago, paulshane said:

I think a lot of replies are missing this bit from the first post:

If, a month before the festival, Mr Eavis came to you and offered you a ticket, knowing it is all legitimate, what is the most you would pay for a guaranteed ticket next summer?

it's not about general ticket pricing, but more leaning towards what would you spend if you hadn't got a ticket from the normal channels.

Nah, I just think there's a few people for whom the current price pretty much is the max we could afford to pay. Magic Eavis ticket or not. 

Edited by serendipitous

Yeah I'd probably easily go to £500 if I felt I'd run out of all other options and the festival was looming.  I might also be tempted to pay that today as it would mean avoiding ticket-day stress.

If that was the general price I might start thinking twice about going though.  Unless they were justifying it by adding an extra day or something.

20 hours ago, K2SO said:

The OP said we were buying the ticket a month before the festival. So we are well past the point you mention @mattiloy. There would be no need to pay anything for a ticket at that stage if you already had one through the normal process

Edited by gherkin8r

18 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

The OP said we were buying the ticket a month before the festival. So we are well past the point you mention @mattiloy. There would be no need to pay anything for a ticket at that stage if you already had one through the normal process

Ah just. But then it is hard to divine that at this point. Also, given we don’t make purchasing decisions in isolation, I would assume that by one month prior to the festival I would have made other plans.

If not, then I guess I would spend a few quid or a kidney or so more.

Or invest in a large shovel and a copy of ’tunneling for dummies’.

I'd have paid £1000 if there was any way I could have got one for that this year. Would do more for next year if I don't get one by normal means.

I wouldn't do that every year though. And the cost shouldn't be that much - they've got it about right at the moment. £50 a day still works out good value I reckon. 

21 hours ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Excuse me? i'm here to discuss Glastonbury festival. I would have thought that much was obvious.

How about yourself?  Your contribution to this conversation was hardly significant.

You sound like you need to let off some steam mate 

19 hours ago, Smeble said:

So you hate anyone with the money to spend £500 on a ticket but you would spend that yourself? So you hate yourself or are you just a hypocrite? Why would it be ok for you to go but everyone else would be ‘too horrendous’? Would you be happy with that conclusion being made about you by a complete stranger who knows nothing about you?

What?? This is a bit much. I don’t ‘hate’ anyone. Forgive me but all I’m trying to say is that if every ticket was £500 then the clientele would change so drastically that the atmosphere wouldn’t be worth paying for in the way it is now. You wouldn’t get the mix of ages you currently get including students and that, which make the fest what it is. It’d just end up being another snoozy BST type thing, almost-exclusively filled with middle-aged homeowners. And then once that was the main demographic in attendance they’d start booking boring shite like Phil Collins. It’d end up being unrecognisable.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

I was offered a Led Zep ticket for the '07 reunion gig for £1000. I stupidly turned it down thinking they would tour and have regretted it every day since.

So my answer is a lot - I won't make the same mistake twice. 

Edited by Chef

Suppose it's just a question of disposable income as I'm pretty sure most people on here (myself included) would happily max themselves out / live off Koka Noodles & bread for the next month if this opportunity arose.

The going rate for a ticket where I'm from seems to be between 400-500, bearing in mind that is for someone else's ticket so there's a chance you might not even get in. I'm sure a lot of people would pay another few ton on top of that for the peace of mind of guaranteed entry and the fact it's the 50th

That's a wierd one though. In as much as if you take out it was a one off would you be going for the music.Would it be more to say - yep i was there. The actual performance looked a bit ropey in bits and  very much of it's time. Though mrs Dan would have  bit your hand off for a grand .

When Wilko announced he was dying tickets were going for silly money. Now its 25quid again. When the specials reformed it sold out almost instantly now you can get tickets without too much stress. When does something become a ridiculous price to say 'i was there' as opposed to being there cos you want to be. Same as,Glastonbury to me. As orhers have said - when you havent been able to make it and the fuss dies down a bit- you can make peace with it just being a festival so silly money may become a - what was i thinking- moment. I know its all conjecture anyway.

52 minutes ago, Chef said:

I was offered a Led Zep ticket for the '07 reunion gig for £1000. I stupidly turned it down thinking they would tour and have regretted it every day since.

So my answer is a lot - I won't make the same mistake twice. 

Most years Glastonbury is my main (sometimes only) holiday, so I'd probably pay a lot more than I do at the moment. how much would depend on whether my mates had a ticket and what my financial circumstances were at the time but I'd probbaly stretch it to whatever I could. Definitely a few times the current ticket price. Still cheaper than going to Disney land.