How much would you pay for a ticket?

K2SO

7 minutes ago, august1 said:

I know a story of a premier league club. Couple of season ticket holders bumping into the CEO in the pub one evening, declaring their seats were the best in the house by a mile. Next season guess where the biggest hike was?!

Bloody typical! Haha!

I'd be very suspicious of a man claiming to be Mr Eavis seeking me out in Manchester a month before the festival to auction me a ticket. So nothing. Nadda. You lose.

(Surely my keen detective skills would impress him enough to hand over the ticket for free and buy me a beer).

If none of my mates were going and the weather looked awful I’d probably pay face value - £250

If my mates were going and the weather looked awful -£500

if my mates were going and the weather looked great (like this year) I’d genuinely probably pay £1k 

11 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

It's not the right answer though. It might be an idealistic answer but they could charge a hell of a lot more and still sell out, Demand and supply innit? If you're willing to pay £250 on Ticket day in October and you miss out I'd bet the VAST majority would pay more (to varying degrees) to get a ticket after that point.

Aha, but by incurring the laws of supply and demand you inadvertantly reinforce my point, the price would of course be much higher once it had sold out as supply reduces enormously.

But we are not at that moment.

If one is maximising his expected utility function, then I guess the probability of a successful purchase comes into it, this probability is not a constant over time and depends on what stage of the Ticketing process we’re at.

I never buy a ticket but normally end up spending at least £100 paying someone to help break me in.

So I suppose I would be reluctant to pay much more than that, but say if there was no other option than to buy a genuine ticket I think i'd go as high as £200, but definitely no higher.

Glastonbury wastes a lot of money on rubbish pop acts at the main stages and all the jazz, acoustic and other boring malarkey at places like "The Park" and the healing fields, I would hate the idea of subsidising that when I don't even like it. So I think £200 for a ticket is more than fair, considering I don't go to about 50% of the festival.

2 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

I never buy a ticket but normally end up spending at least £100 paying someone to help break me in.

So I suppose I would be reluctant to pay much more than that, but say if there was no other option than to buy a genuine ticket I think i'd go as high as £200, but definitely no higher.

Glastonbury wastes a lot of money on rubbish pop acts at the main stages and all the jazz, acoustic and other boring malarkey at places like "The Park" and the healing fields, I would hate the idea of subsidising that when I don't even like it. So I think £200 for a ticket is more than fair, considering I don't go to about 50% of the festival.

Why are you here?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Why are you here?

He's a fantasist who likes to pretend to be someone who acts in a way generally disapproved off by people on the forum for entertainment. I don't know why, but it's pretty harmless if it becomes too irritating you could always block him.

Well this year nearly broke the bank, so I wouldn't pay any more than face value.

I'm at a stage now where I completely love the festival, but if I don't get a ticket then it won't kill me. I'll be happy for those that go and look forward to whenever my number comes up again. I'm mentally prepared to fail in October, so success would be a bonus. It'd be a bit of a pisser, but it's a revolving door and hopefully the cats on here who missed this year's would get lucky in lieu of me.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

So, whose alt account are you ?

5/7 must try harder

8 minutes ago, mcshed said:

He's a fantasist who likes to pretend to be someone who acts in a way generally disapproved off by people on the forum for entertainment. I don't know why, but it's pretty harmless if it becomes too irritating you could always block him.

In his defence, he's quite good at what he's doing.  I despair with dumb trolling, especially when they inevitably get so many 'bites' on here regardless of how clunky they've been about it.  This guy is at least using his imagination and building up a three-dimensional character with which to 'challenge' the forum.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Very sanguine. Surprised you're so chill given the now near-certainty of Swizzle topping the bill.

1. You're a daft apoth , you did not see Taylor Swift, yous saw the evil doppleganger who appeared in Kanye's video for Famous

2. I'll caveat by saying that if Queen Bey ever comes back, or Taylor does play, I'm getting tha fuck in and no two ways about it.

47 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Of course you do, Jim.

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

1. You're a daft apoth , you did not see Taylor Swift, yous saw the evil doppleganger who appeared in Kanye's video for Famous

She'd clearly been up at the farmhouse signing the contract for 2020 and moseyed out with her posse for a celebratory pint of half and half.  There's no other possible explanation.

I used to buy my son’s ticket as well as my own, so most times I’ve been I’ve paid around £500 already, I reckon if all my friends had tickets except me the fear of missing out would be too strong to resist going higher than that, if none were going I’d not pay above face value.

Now I've got kids and the budget is much tighter, I'd prob go up to £350 (as I came home with £100 of spendies this year, so I think I could stretch that far), but ONLY if the other associated costs didn't rise accordingly.  If food and drink also went up by c.40% then there's no way I could afford it in a way that I enjoy it.  Glasto is my "me time, no kids, take no prisoners, leave nothing behind" weekend, I wouldn't want to HAVE to take it easy because I was being outpriced.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She'd clearly been up at the farmhouse signing the contract for 2020 and moseyed out with her posse for a celebratory pint of half and half.  There's no other possible explanation.

Doppleganger!

Where is the entrance to the black lodge? Glastonbury grove. Frankly, you're lucky to be alive after that encounter.

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Doppleganger!

Where is the entrance to the black lodge? Glastonbury grove. Frankly, you're lucky to be alive after that encounter.

I'm not discounting her being a blue rose case, but she was with bodyguards and that's got to be unusual. Do minions of Judy generally travel with a pair of young women who prevent you circling back to take a photo once you've clocked them?

I'd probably only go as high as £350, unless I won the lottery in which case money becomes no object and then I'd pay whatever it takes to get all of my crew in.

Being quite happy to volunteer to get to glastonbury, I can't justify paying over the odds when I know I can get in for the price of a few shifts