Bella’s Bridge

WooDan

It was in the area between acoustic stage and ped gate c. Can't remember the name but something junkyard I think. They seemed to have lots of bits from previous festivals and was a nice shaded area. They also had the elephants that lit up at night. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

It was in the area between acoustic stage and ped gate c. Can't remember the name but something junkyard I think. They seemed to have lots of bits from previous festivals and was a nice shaded area. They also had the elephants that lit up at night. 

That’s where I’ve spotted them then, we had a mooch around in there one night on the way back to cv fields, I may have been a bit drunk ?

23 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Rimskis Yard? It was new and relatively unheralded this year.. I only spotted it halfway through the weekend, thought it looked really interesting and resolved to go back later to take a proper look. Which inevitably never happened.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Rimskis Yard? It was new and relatively unheralded this year.. I only spotted it halfway through the weekend, thought it looked really interesting and resolved to go back later to take a proper look. Which inevitably never happened.

Free tea too but always looked quiet. 

1 minute ago, incident said:

That's the one! We just had a look around it once and noticed things that we remembered seeing in festivals gone by. A great little example of recycling. 

5 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

Anyone see the opera 'happenings' at Bella's Bridge?

We saw some guy singing Frank Sinatra songs there on Thursday... he was ace.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I think I know the guy you mean. But the 'happenings' I'm talking about took place in the pretty pond area under the bridge at night when it was lit up with fire lanterns etc. A boat would come out from under the bridge with a couple of dressed up people in it who then mimed to a well known opera piece playing through speakers, and then when finished the boat silently retreated back under the bridge. It didn't last long and you just had to be there when it happened. I caught it twice and really regret not getting a photo. It was different opera piece the two times I saw it - the second time was the Freddie Mercury/Montserrat Caballe - 'Barcelona' thing. Very cute :)

Just now, kerplunk said:

Dunno - I guess it just depends which performance you catch. First time I'd seen it but it sounds like they did it in previous years?

I've got video of them in 2017 somewhere....funniest thing we saw all weekend.  He stands up at one point and the boat rocks around so she grabs his crotch...fantastic.

1 hour ago, stuie said:

That, I think, would have been Andy Marshall at Crooner's Corner.  Love a wander past him.

The bridge was closed off for quite a while on Wednesday afternoon while an HGV was getting itself sorted out, so he had a massive crowd and made the most of it! Big crowd singing along to "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" was an early highlight :)

Just now, Quark said:

The bridge was closed off for quite a while on Wednesday afternoon while an HGV was getting itself sorted out, so he had a massive crowd and made the most of it! Big crowd singing along to "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" was an early highlight :)

We saw that too!  We were stuck on the West Holts side... the lady driving it had an audience of a few hundred while she performed a very tricky manoeuvre and when she finally nailed it she got a massive cheer from her audience.  

As delivery jobs go I reckon that's one of her most memorable!  

1 minute ago, stuie said:

We saw that too!  We were stuck on the West Holts side... the lady driving it had an audience of a few hundred while she performed a very tricky manoeuvre and when she finally nailed it she got a massive cheer from her audience.  

As delivery jobs go I reckon that's one of her most memorable!  

Aye, nailed it! :D