Wish I’d seen ... instead of...

Hugh Jass

Not necessarily a regret as I didn't have anything else I wanted to be doing at the time but I wish I'd seen any of Mik Artistik's sets other than the one at The Gateway on Thursday afternoon when they seemed to be having troubles with the speakers. I ended up standing to the rear left of the stage where the sound was better as, I guess, I could hear the on-stage monitors above the crowd facing speakers that weren't working very well/at all!!

I still enjoyed it but having never seen Mik before I got the impression he had to improvise a little to accommodate the sound problems and I didn't get round to catching one of his other sets across the weekend for the full experience. I'm guessing it wont be the last chance I get to see him though so it hasn't left me too upset!!

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Was it busy for Bananarama?

Rammed!! I was shocked. Couldn’t get near the tent, so stood on a bench outside Avalon Cafe. Mega soundclash towards the end....

Friend inside at the front (yeah, IKR) said there were a few niggles between them “you’re drowning me out!!” ?

19 hours ago, mpsamuels said:

Not necessarily a regret as I didn't have anything else I wanted to be doing at the time but I wish I'd seen any of Mik Artistik's sets other than the one at The Gateway on Thursday afternoon when they seemed to be having troubles with the speakers. I ended up standing to the rear left of the stage where the sound was better as, I guess, I could hear the on-stage monitors above the crowd facing speakers that weren't working very well/at all!!

I still enjoyed it but having never seen Mik before I got the impression he had to improvise a little to accommodate the sound problems and I didn't get round to catching one of his other sets across the weekend for the full experience. I'm guessing it wont be the last chance I get to see him though so it hasn't left me too upset!!

His Sunday afternoon slot on that stage just inside the circus area (the one with the deck chairs) was great and we just happened to be in the right place at the right time to catch it. Loads of audience participation and it felt like everyone there really appreciated it. :)

Linoleum!

20 hours ago, mpsamuels said:

You did quite well to only see him once, the bloke seems to be on every stage all the time every day, I think we saw him 4 times over the festival! Brilliant entertainer and hilariously funny. 

On 7/10/2019 at 3:26 PM, Badlands said:

Did anyone see Mark Ronson @ Stonebridge bar? Real regret about this as I’m really enjoying the album and love the playlist he’s got on Apple Music. Were there any special guests?? 

We stood at the side of the tent for a bit. Couldn’t hear much to be honest 

The Killers instead of the Chems. Feel like once you've seen the CB's you've seen them.  Not a massive Killers fan but by all accounts the were boss.

Also wish I'd hung around for Foals rather than marching over for Liam.  Liam was the biggest and only let down of the weekend.

We ended up watching half an hour of Janelle Monae, during the hour, while we waited for my pain in the arse brother to get his phoned charged.  Then wandered into the cabraret tent to watch a 'comedian'.  Sounded more like a political activist.  Headed back down towards the Other just as CATQ's went into 'Tilted' which looked magical from the walk way!  Should have just headed staright to Pangea after Vampire Weekend. . . but hey ho, i'll never complain about anything at Glastonbury, other than my brother needing his phone charged just to recive nudes on the Monday morning ?

• 2 weeks later...