Wish I’d seen ... instead of...

Hugh Jass

3 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Grace Petrie instead of Sheryl Crow.

Grace was lovely and you could see how much it meant to her. It is one of the factors I use to go through clashes. People who I know love the festival themselves tend to get upped in my priorities because you know they'll give it their all. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Splodge said:

Sharon Van Etten instead of Liam Gallagher. Stayed with the group rather than just going off on my own. Got tickets to see her next month but watching on iPlayer seems like that performance was special.

My whole group opted for Liam, glad I went off on my own for her. Stunning. 

Edited by HeyPorter

8 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Grace Petrie instead of Sheryl Crow.

That's not a choice that needed making though - I saw both of them in full and was able to make it comfortably using the cockmill route to avoid the main markets.

11 minutes ago, incident said:

That's not a choice that needed making though - I saw both of them in full and was able to make it comfortably using the cockmill route to avoid the main markets.

Ah. Then it should be Grace Petrie instead of BCUC.  I left Sheryl early to go and see BCUC, who I had seen before but weren’t as impactful the second time around - and in THAT heat.

Johnny marr instead of Janet Jackson.  Thought I haven't seen Janet for 30 odd years make the effort  this time she was really poor . 

Also don't know who clashed with mylie but wish I'd seen them . Just couldn't be bothered moving after kylie and was always planning to see vampire weekend.  

But overall I enjoyed what I saw this year planned and unplanned 

Edited by crocodiles

still unsure if Chems over Killers was right ... but its done now ....I guess I never really got into into after someone complained about my hat getting in the way ... no issue with that ... more the f word she used ... and im quite happy to move ... I moved by the way :) 

Boring answer but no one. Super happy with everything I saw. Hot Chip instead of The Killers could have been the answer, but we know what happened there. Definitely wish some acts weren't placed at the same time (mainly Janelle, The Cure and Chris), but I don't regret anything!

The entirety of Stromzy over Tame. Sacked off the latter for the former half way through. 

I found Tame incredibly dull. My choice was based on having seen them plenty on the Lonerism tour, where they were a live music force back then. Now the whole live show feels overproduced to the point it is hard to locate the human element.

James  (BPEC)

Edited by BPEC_Coaches

3 hours ago, kevbizarre said:

Gerry Cinnamon instead of Maggie Rogers

If it makes you feel any better it was absolutely rammed for Gerry. I dont really know him but one of our group loves him and had us all singing she's a belter all weekend (still not heard that song) and it seemed so packed. No idea if we could have worked our way through or not (I was pretty pissed) but it was just as the sun started to get a bit melty as well. So would have taken some planning to see him.

• Upvote 1

Don't regret seeing anyone based on the actual quality of the gig. For my big clashes, I saw Tame Impala over Interpol (despite me liking Interpol more, Tame Impala were my favourite act of the weekend), Sharon Van Etten over Kurt Vile (like them both equally but Sharon was great) and The Streets over The Cure (was planning to go to The Cure but none of my group wanted to so I settled for The Streets).

I guess I'd swap BMTH for Kylie? BMTH were great, but my whole group went to see Kylie and I ended up spending a fair bit of that Sunday evening on my own so probably would've liked to have hung out with them more.

18 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Stormzy instead of Jon Hopkins

I'm in a similar boat.  While Jon Hopkins was one of my highlights of the festival and enjoyed every second of it, Stormzy's set appears to be one for the ages so was a little bit gutted that I missed a slice of history there. 

I wish I stayed at Kate Tempest and watched Hot Chip instead of leaving early for The Chems but at the time it felt like the right thing to do.

Aside from that,  I felt I made mostly the right choices. There's a few regrets in the sets I missed due to laziness / wanting to minimise walking in the hottest parts of the day but overall I did ok

12 hours ago, BPEC_Coaches said:

The entirety of Stromzy over Tame. Sacked off the latter for the former half way through. 

I found Tame incredibly dull. My choice was based on having seen them plenty on the Lonerism tour, where they were a live music force back then. Now the whole live show feels overproduced to the point it is hard to locate the human element.

James  (BPEC)

This is exactly my big mistake, I was enjoying Stomzy but was meant to meet my friend so left after 4 songs. I couldn't get into Tame Impala and wish I had stayed.

Wish I'd gone to Beat Hotel instead of a futile attempt to check out the NYC Queue-loads. 

But in true Glasto fashion, I saw an amazing AV set by Max Cooper that I would have never been at otherwise. Literally just saw that it said AV set at Gas Tower and thought, might be fun. Turned out to be one of my favourite moments all weekend. 

Only at Glasto can your planning be ruined and something even better comes out of it.

No regrets.

I suppose I could look back now and think I should maybe have done A rather than B, but I had a great time so why worry.

I think Glastonbury is the one place where there is something amazing around every corner so it is very hard to make a wrong decision.  If I ever find myself not really enjoying something I can wander off somewhere else, but that never happened this year.

I'd probably make the same decision again, but disappointed to miss SVE. Chose Liam, who I am a fan of (was) too, and he was very good, and enjoyed a sunset singalong - but it's the one clash I had and I'm still not sure it was the right decision. Did see SVE a couple of months ago though, and will do so again and again.