Wish I’d seen ... instead of...

Hugh Jass

Stormzy instead of Jon Hopkins. I think that's going to go down as my number 1 Glastonbury regret ever...

Chems or Hot Chip instead of WuTang. Totally shoulda just sacked my mates off and gone by myself!

The Comet is Coming instead of Lauryn Hill. And then squeezed in a bit of Maribou State before legging it over to IDLES

I don't regret any of the choices I made because they were the choices I needed to make but I do know for the future that if Chemical Brothers are ever up against Hot Chip again I will be at Hot Chip. An artist with no crowd interaction just isn't for me but I'd never done it and always wondered if I would enjoy it. I didn't hate it but it lacks something for me. 

Regret being too lazy to walk up to the park for idles who looked amazing when I watched the highlights.

Suspected I'd find the Cure dull, but went because my girlfriend wanted to see them. To rub salt into wounds, not only did I find them dull, so did she. I pretty much liked the headliner at every other stage too on Sunday night. Rex orange county, streets, Janelle or Chris would have probably all been more enjoyable

Stormzy over Tame Impala. The former looked great on TV, although it still would’ve been a lot of songs I’m not massively into to be honest. But so much more upbeat and a big moment for grime and the festival so definitely the better choice compared to all the slow songs on the Other.

20 minutes ago, theevilfridge said:

Stormzy over Tame Impala. The former looked great on TV, although it still would’ve been a lot of songs I’m not massively into to be honest. But so much more upbeat and a big moment for grime and the festival so definitely the better choice compared to all the slow songs on the Other.

This ^ . Enjoyed Tame Impala but in hindsight not the best choice that evening.

• Upvote 1

Anything instead of the aimless mooching I did on Thursday. Absolutely wasted a day and night there.

Wish I'd prepared better and seen Jungle instead of going back to my tent for evening gear.

Stormzy instead of Jon Hopkins. No reflection on him, just with hindsight something more upbeat on Friday night would have been good.

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Stormzy instead of Jon Hopkins. I think that's going to go down as my number 1 Glastonbury regret ever...

Chems or Hot Chip instead of WuTang. Totally shoulda just sacked my mates off and gone by myself!

The Comet is Coming instead of Lauryn Hill. And then squeezed in a bit of Maribou State before legging it over to IDLES

I didn't go to the festival this year, but saw Wu Tang Clan in 2011 - they were awesome. Haven't seen much in other threads on EF about them, were they really that bad as West Holts headliners? Thought they would have done a pretty credible job. Did they pull a big crowd? Thought they would have considering they're hip-hop royalty

6 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I didn't go to the festival this year, but saw Wu Tang Clan in 2011 - they were awesome. Haven't seen much in other threads on EF about them, were they really that bad as West Holts headliners? Thought they would have done a pretty credible job. Did they pull a big crowd? Thought they would have considering they're hip-hop royalty

I'm not a massive WuTang fan, but I did actually see them back in May in Manchester as I got the tickets for a friend for his birthday. I was pleasantly surprised with the set, and thought they were pretty amazing - so when my friend chose them over the chems, I didn't argue. But, they were not a patch on the set from Manchester. They just didn't seem to be that into it, the crowd was thin, and they did very minimal audience interaction. They totally left out the bit with the ODB cover, and although the still  dropped the Beatles remix, somehow it fell flat...maybe as it just came out of nowhere, rather than getting a bit of an intro. I dunno, to me it just seemed like they really didn't want to be there, which is a shame, as the Manchester show was completely the opposite. 

• Upvote 1