eFests Set of Glastonbury 2019 - THE RESULTS

Hugh Jass

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Not specifically JJ, but Iove the fact that Chickenbone John, a stall selling guitars and playing the odd song, has ranked higher than official performers.

Love Glastonbury, love eFests :D

A damning indictment. Must make sure to check out Mr Bone in 2020. He's clearly got some chops.

13 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes good work @Hugh Jass. Very interesting to see the results and variety of them. Funny that having watched all 3 Pyramild headliners now it's my least favourite that wins it. 

Realised this weekend that it was my first time in 7 visits that I've not watched a Pyramid headliner. How many hipster points do I get for that? :P

Just now, Quark said:

Realised this weekend that it was my first time in 7 visits that I've not watched a Pyramid headliner. How many hipster points do I get for that? :P

Loads!! I seem to average one a festival but that's because my first year I did all 3 and 2017 I did 2 so I have had years where I've had 0. I'll be honest The Cure at Pyramid time was probably my best sub headliner/ headliner experience all weekend as I actually had room to move and dance and could move away from chatters. 

6 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Ezra was bad. Watched him with an open mind (I.e. not by choice but meeting others in our crew there), and it was woeful. He sat down the whole set because he sprained his ankle two weeks ago - I mean come on soft lad. Then proceeded to vaingloriously monologue for about 5 minutes with incredibly boring stories about how he wrote each song (‘uhh this one time I was on a gap yahh ’ kind of claptrap). 

I also found his music is very uninspiring. Safe but dull. Nice but dim. V radio 2. Can imagine Chris Evans is a big fan sorta thing. 

He went down a storm with the crowd. We managed to get in the pit for most acts and he had the crowd going as much as anyone we saw all weekend. Arguably the most. Can't help knackering his ankle but the set was top stuff regardless.

6 hours ago, themuel said:

This is exactly how I felt about George Ezra until sox months ago.  Then I listened to his podcast, ‘George Ezra and friends.’

It’s really lovely and reveals him to be a total fan boy of the music industry and also of Glastonbury.  I thought he was a Bland, boring, gone in a year or two act but the podcast made me reconsider and now I think he is a lovely person, worthy of our love.  

Also, there are some proper heavyweight guests.  I suggest starting with the Emily Eavis one. 

His music is still absolutely toss though. We're not voting for nicest person here.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Notable acts without a single mention:

Interpol, Sean Paul, Courteeners, Jorja Smith, Billy Bragg, Bananarama...

To be fair, I'd have put Interpol third after the Cure if I hadn't put all of my eggs in the three main Fontaines gigs. To be fair, seeing as we're not applying weighting, we should reward graft, seeing as their stages were small and total their votes...

1 hour ago, Quark said:

This year was my first time watching a headliner and a legend slot. :P

6 hours ago, themuel said:

It’s really lovely and reveals him to be a total fan boy of the music industry and also of Glastonbury.  I thought he was a Bland, boring, gone in a year or two act but the podcast made me reconsider and now I think he is a lovely person, worthy of our love.  

I wonder if he reads eFests. There can't be many Glastonbury fanboys/fangirls that don't, right?

2 hours ago, Superscally said:

His music is still absolutely toss though. We're not voting for nicest person here.

Well, each to their own. I wasn’t so keen before I listened to the podcast,  but with the addition of affection towards him I’ve reevaluated and now enjoy his stuff.  

I really enjoyed his set too, I thought he seemed like he was loving it and it was nice knowing how much it meant to him.  

Yay for George! 

(And if you are reading, please crack on with series 3 of your podcast) 

13 hours ago, Quark said:

For taking 7 visits to give it a miss, none. ;)

19 hours ago, Flysheet said:

Have to admit that I don’t know who Lizzo was (since seen it on telly - she needs to buy the whole costume next time)

Prize for the worst comment goes to this one. Shut up, she looked great and doesn't need to be told what to wear by anyone :-).