2020 Ticket Sale

mufcok

28 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Honestly 2020 is bound to be a washout. Theres no chance of it being nice 4 years in a row! Let all the newbies know. 

Pretty sure you're right.

I'm 53 and Glasto 2017 was my first Festival. Since then I've done Green Man (17 and 18), IOW18, EOTR18 and Glasto 19 and I've yet to see any proper mud.

55 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Pretty sure you're right.

I'm 53 and Glasto 2017 was my first Festival. Since then I've done Green Man (17 and 18), IOW18, EOTR18 and Glasto 19 and I've yet to see any proper mud.

You are very lucky indeed. I have some friends that are the same!! I don't actually mind the mud, I'm not the sorta person that sits down at a festival, but i don't like the rain! As long as it sticks to when I'm in my tent it can crack on.

It really has been a perfect storm for making next year very difficult. Two years of amazing weather, so anyone who went for the first time will have loved it. A fallow year and the 50th anniversary. I’ve only been to four, but I’ve had people messaging me who’ve never even contemplated it asking how you get tickets. It’s going to be a bloodbath. 

11 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It really has been a perfect storm for making next year very difficult. Two years of amazing weather, so anyone who went for the first time will have loved it. A fallow year and the 50th anniversary. I’ve only been to four, but I’ve had people messaging me who’ve never even contemplated it asking how you get tickets. It’s going to be a bloodbath. 

It’s always a bloodbath!!

No joy for me since 2015 so hoping this is the one.

Cancelling my prior plans on 6th October.

I really need to get a plan together for T day morning. At the moment I can think of 5/6 people trying for me and using wifi and mobile data but I still don't think it's enough. I need to try and rope in other forces but it's really hard to explain just how important it is! 

Trying to relax and apply a "what will be will be" attitude towards next year. I've missed one festival in 15 years and know the time is coming for me to miss out at some point soon and when it happens it happens...

Plus I've applied for a load of tickets to the Euros next year in case I don't get in to Glasto.

I'm thinking of offering a bounty to anyone who could get me tickets. For anyone who is not going, to have them sit down for half an hour on Sunday morning, and if they are the ones that secure me and my 5 friends tickets, I'd reward them £100. I think it'd be worth it. For them and me.

2 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I'm thinking of offering a bounty to anyone who could get me tickets. For anyone who is not going, to have them sit down for half an hour on Sunday morning, and if they are the ones that secure me and my 5 friends tickets, I'd reward them £100. I think it'd be worth it. For them and me.

This is a great idea! Need to think of some festival-hating mates with high speed internet and quick reflexes that don't crumble under pressure

14 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Ooooh a reward is a great idea! I can think of some people who would try for me if there was something in it for them!

I'm thinking £100 is a bit steep, I might say £50

1 minute ago, gmb1992 said:

Ooooh a reward is a great idea! I can think of some people who would try for me if there was something in it for them!

I'm thinking £100 is a bit steep, I might say £50

Having been unlucky in the last two sales has crystalized my thinking somewhat - £100 is a bargain to get 6 tickets locked down in October.