2020 Ticket Sale

mufcok

3 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Are we assuming the first weekend of October again? Has it ever not been that weekend in recent years?...

First Thursday in October for coaches, and then the Sunday after for the main sale.

The main sale for the 2017 festival ended up being the 2nd weekend/Sunday because of that.

Edited by incident

46 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

3rd for coaches, 6th for main looks likely.

We had flights booked for that Sunday, I’ve just changed them to the Monday. Cost fifty quid to change flights so that cash already spent hoping for Glastonbury tickets!

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We had flights booked for that Sunday, I’ve just changed them to the Monday. Cost fifty quid to change flights so that cash already spent hoping for Glastonbury tickets!

My wife was about to book a break for that weekend last night and I just stopped her in time. When I told her it was T day she rolled her eyes and said 'you've just got back from Glastonbury now we have to rearrange a holiday because of bloody ticket day!'

She's learning.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Another eforum account said:

Everyone and their dog want to go to Glasto 2020 it seems!

Seems that way. Everyone in my local is saying they're definitely trying next year it looked amazing on the telly and it's the 50th anniversary blah blah blah.

When it comes to T day most of those people will forget or not have registered I hope. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

The tv coverage and positive comments has really increased interest for next year. Perhaps we should start giving out no holds barred descriptions of the long drops, queues to get in, the walks from stage to stage, the time it takes to exit the site and the trench foot if it’s muddy! Maybe that might put a few folk off! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The tv coverage and positive comments has really increased interest for next year. Perhaps we should start giving out no holds barred descriptions of the long drops, queues to get in, the walks from stage to stage, the time it takes to exit the site and the trench foot if it’s muddy! Maybe that might put a few folk off! 

Good weather makes all the difference to casual watchers. All they see is blue skies and everyone in bathing suits. Even in 2017 with the minimal rain and the hot weds/thurs it was  incredible if you went. It sets up terrible weather next year easily. 

For the first time returning to work after Glasto, I've still got the blues... So I'm finding it quite easy to tell people that it was exhausting etc. It seems nearly everyone I know wants to go to the 50th. It's going to be tough not to talk about it until after Tday but I'm not reminding anyone of the dates or processes as selfish as that is. All of us die hard fans need to be there for that one!

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:21 AM, dccool said:

My wife was about to book a break for that weekend last night and I just stopped her in time. When I told her it was T day she rolled her eyes and said 'you've just got back from Glastonbury now we have to rearrange a holiday because of bloody ticket day!'

She's learning.

I've had this chat last night.

Sounds like yours went better than mine

I'm just not going to mention it again at work from now; getting leave can be so difficult these days and we can only release 2 from any one shift team at a time. My shift team leader has already told me he'd love to take his family.

8 minutes ago, SighMo said:

I'm just not going to mention it again at work from now; getting leave can be so difficult these days and we can only release 2 from any one shift team at a time. My shift team leader has already told me he'd love to take his family.

This positive vibe this year, the weather and excellent tv coverage has really encouraged newbies to consider going.  Perhaps a few photos taken down a ripe long drop after a days usage might help dissuade a few! 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

This positive vibe this year, the weather and excellent tv coverage has really encouraged newbies to consider going.  Perhaps a few photos taken down a ripe long drop after a days usage might help dissuade a few! 

And a few of the 'sticky mud' vids from 2016.

• Upvote 1