Similar smaller festival

danbailey80

11 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Can anyone recommend any smaller festivals that have a similar vibe, especially green fields/ glade type atmosphere. Thank you in advance. 

From that description, Shambala is the one that comes first to mind. Though it's largely devoid of names you might have heard of, and currently sold out.

Another vote for Bearded Theory but already been and gone this year. It’s a cracker.

We also hold a soft spot for Farmer Phils which is tiny, ramshackle and comedy. You can camp for a week for 75 quid in the beautiful Shropshire Hills. 

1 hour ago, Jay Pee said:

Another vote for Bearded Theory but already been and gone this year. It’s a cracker.

We also hold a soft spot for Farmer Phils which is tiny, ramshackle and comedy. You can camp for a week for 75 quid in the beautiful Shropshire Hills. 

Farmer Phil's is our local festival and I love it. Beautiful setting and some excellent acts. (And some crazy people!). Would love to find something similar to BT and FP in June/July next year if I don't get the big ticket.

Tried both Beautiful Days and Bearded Theory looking for exactly this (another festival that gave me a bit of the Glastonbury vibe.)

For whatever reason Beautiful Days didn't really do it for me. Maybe the weather that year, maybe something else, but it didn't really give me much of what I was looking for. (IMHO of course and plenty will say it works for them.) 

Bearded Theory turned out to be a great little festival. LOts to like, not as mini Glastonbury, but in its own right. I'll probably be going back next year.

Next I'd like to try are Green Man and Shambala.

However, I suspect Splatt is right. :(

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

Tried both Beautiful Days and Bearded Theory looking for exactly this (another festival that gave me a bit of the Glastonbury vibe.)

For whatever reason Beautiful Days didn't really do it for me. Maybe the weather that year, maybe something else, but it didn't really give me much of what I was looking for. (IMHO of course and plenty will say it works for them.) 

Bearded Theory turned out to be a great little festival. LOts to like, not as mini Glastonbury, but in its own right. I'll probably be going back next year.

Next I'd like to try are Green Man and Shambala.

However, I suspect Splatt is right. :(

I’m with you on this re: beautiful days. Tried it and found it to be “dull” . I can see the attraction if you go in a huge group maybe with kids as it is a friendly festival, but for me it was just “festivals by numbers”. It was also very clean. Now you might say that is a plus point but it just wasn’t grungy enough for us. I remember watching the selector. The week before I had seen them at Boomtown and looked to the floor and there was cans, roaches etc. But at beautiful days I looked down to see a packet of fart powder. Sort of summed the festival up for me really.

Having said that I’m glad there are festivals for everyone. Would be boring if we all liked the same. It’s like Glastonbury. People like different parts of the festival for different reasons. 

• Like 1

I’d put another vote in for Green Man, got a bit of a Glade/West Holts feel about it.  Very friend crowd, total size is probably that of The Park. But mostly because the Goan Fish Curry stall was there last year :) 

In truth, I don’t think there is anything. 

10 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Anyone been to 2000Trees?  Seems to tick a few boxes for me.

Went last year and loved it. Quite small, friendly people, nice location, no separate arena so you can take your own booze in like you can at Glasto (although they are/want to limit people this year since their bars could do with a bit more profit). Not a huge amount going on in the night, just a site-wide silent disco (although I quite enjoyed it). Only cashless festival I've been to but found it worked pretty well. Not going this year since the lineup isn't as strong for me and it was a bit too close to Glasto for my liking but would definitely recommend it and would go back, especially during the next fallow year or if I end up ticketless.