Christine and the Queens

Ommadawn

I was planning on seeing them on Sunday but decided against it in the end as I thought maybe their set would lose something if you were too far back, so ended up going on a last night tour of the site instead. Did anyone see them at all and if so what did you think?

I regrettably missed her. Don't like the vibe on other and all my pals were either at The Cure or Janelle. I opted for Janelle having seen Chris earlier in the year in Manchester. A gig that brought me to tears. She is just incredible but Janelle was a new discovery for me and was awesome so no regrets. Just sad that Sunday night had most of the acts on my must see list. 

Christine and the queens is one of the things I can actually remember seeing. ?

previously I only knew the track “the walker” (I think). But it was a great set. Very very ‘poppy’ but she really went for it and I enjoyed the whole thing. 

Chris was phenomenal. There was no wrong choice that night with so many good headline options, but we were very happy we went for Chris. It was particularly emotional as well having seen the Other stage set in 2016 and now seeing Chris headline the stage. Awesome journey and so well deserved. 

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There were no bad decisions on Sunday night.  Wish she'd been on the Saturday.

Yup, ended up just mooching around eating all the food and refound the small world place with the (taps nose) brandy hot chocolate. 

• Upvote 1

Chris is a phenomenal artist. Not just the music, but the theatre and the message she has are all fantastic. We waited through Dave and managed to get on the barrier, right in the middle. It was the 5th time we'd seen Chris since November, and never has she been anything less than brilliant!

Something strange, though, the security were instructed to remove any flags from the view of the cameras. One pillock did decide to put his back up part-way through but luckily it didn't get in the way too much

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There were no bad decisions on Sunday night.  Wish she'd been on the Saturday.

This totally. My 3 way clash of Janelle/CATQ/The Cure. I've watched them all back and they all smashed it in their own way and I'd have been happy at any of them. 

I was right on the barrier and loved every second of it.. she's amazing the choreography and staging is always fantastic.. i kind of wish I could've seen the cure too and I had seen chris at Manchester not that long ago and it was almost the same show but I knew how much I'd enjoy it even second time round so overall I don't regret missing the cure.

First time seeing her, and she was mesmerising. I really enjoyed it. Felt a bit sad that the crowd was relatively sparse (although made going for a half time wee very easy!). I think the Sunday night decision was very hard and there must be a big crossover in fans of Christine & the Queens and Janelle Monae. I can’t yet bring myself to watch Janelle on iPlayer but, as a lot of others have said, there was no such thing as a bad decision on Sunday night. 

• 3 years later...