Aerial View of Glastonbury Festival

nilolium

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Have you seen this site as well? Love this one to show people approximately what I mean when they say "it can't be that big"

http://gsp8181.co.uk/glasto/

Super, I’ve centred Glastonbury over my house, the Pyramid is just over the back fence. There’s already a hill of death, wood, and a few cows, so I just need to demolish a few neighbours properties and I’m good to go...

14 hours ago, broken monkey said:

This is really cool but also a few years out of date it seems. Doesn't include much of the expanded campsites from the past 5 or so years (Rivermead, Pylon, Darble, South Park, Baileys, etc).

There is literally no pleasing people in this place! :D

Edited by Quark

16 hours ago, Quark said:

Have you seen this site as well? Love this one to show people approximately what I mean when they say "it can't be that big"

http://gsp8181.co.uk/glasto/

This is awesome! I've always thought the festival to be massive (which it kind of is), yet when I compare it to my village, it suddenly doesn't seem so big. Mind blown!

1 hour ago, rob.a said:

This is awesome! I've always thought the festival to be massive (which it kind of is), yet when I compare it to my village, it suddenly doesn't seem so big. Mind blown!

Great isn't it? I find it has more impact if you put it over a major town you know well. Doesn't loook as impressive over our village, but put it on the town where I grew up and it makes more sense

30 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

Oh, I didn't mean anything negative by pointing this out. Just meant that the festival boundary is even bigger now, which would be even more impressive when overlaying on areas! ?

I know pal, just made me chuckle :)

45 minutes ago, Quark said:

Great isn't it? I find it has more impact if you put it over a major town you know well. Doesn't loook as impressive over our village, but put it on the town where I grew up and it makes more sense

It's funny how density of population skews your perception of how large an area is.  Like how the Pyramid field doesn't seem that big on the Wednesday, but seems huge when Kylie is playing.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's funny how density of population skews your perception of how large an area is.  Like how the Pyramid field doesn't seem that big on the Wednesday, but seems huge when Kylie is playing.

Sorted the wording on that for ye mate....?

Seems huge trying to wade through the crowd when Kylie's playing :D

2 hours ago, broken monkey said:

Oh, I didn't mean anything negative by pointing this out. Just meant that the festival boundary is even bigger now, which would be even more impressive when overlaying on areas! ?

It's more or less exactly the size of the district council ward I live in. 

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I just spent five minutes looking at the quoted text to see what you'd changed, until I realised you just put it underneath! 

Aye....well that would have been the clever thing to do. :D 

What we all need is proper driveways and gardens for our campsites, just to make a point. It did really surprise me how organised the paths were on the close up overhead shots they showed to make the point about tents being cleared, it'd be fascinating to trace it all.

That picture is pretty great and a high rez one will be awesome if you're allowed it.

I bet WV are really happy with their indian blanket tribute and wow the east car parks are small these days.

On 7/5/2019 at 8:55 PM, Tom White said:

I put that in the other pics thread earlier. Girlfriend’s work had it done. 

I’ve asked for a high res version so we can all zoom in and see ourselves. Should get it next week hopefully. ??

....... longest week ever........ 

Come on man im dying to see myself sweating my tits off! :D

42 minutes ago, Havors said:

....... longest week ever........ 

Come on man im dying to see myself sweating my tits off! :D

Sorry...I promise it's coming. Just need to chase GF to get the file to me - they've been a tad busy doing some events, but will chase it down and get it uploaded somewhere at some point. 

I'll post on this thread when it's available. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Sorry...I promise it's coming. Just need to chase GF to get the file to me - they've been a tad busy doing some events, but will chase it down and get it uploaded somewhere at some point.  

That sounds like 'don't call me, I'll call you' :) 

Good luck mate.  We're all counting on you.

32 minutes ago, Tom White said:

26 minutes ago, stuie said:

That sounds like 'don't call me, I'll call you' :) 

Good luck mate.  We're all counting on you.

Is the GF even real is the question......? :D  :D 

tumblr_pub4usgNb61v77sb3o1_500.gif

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...