Glastonbury Shaped Hole?

LSTx

Not quite sure what I mean by this but now that its over and its the interlude period till the dreaded T day, I feel like I've got a massive Glastonbury shaped hole in my life ?

Anybody else feel the same? like theres no weather speculation / or speculation at all atm, just kind of like a dead zone o.O 

As well, since trying for Glastonbury tickets like 5 years ago I've always got them relatively easily, but I've now got the fear this year of not potentially returning to the farm next year (post glasto depression probably not helping with this, mind) ?

There I was thinking someone had found tour dates for someone touring next year and that there was a Glasto shaped hole in the schedule already. 

My best advice is to get yourself some things to look forward to small gigs, meals out, a short break (just don't book it for early October) Gigs really help because they also sort out some clashes come the festival. 

I understand what you mean about ticket day. This year I have a real fear about that as this year was the first time that we totally relied on someone else to get them. We've always gotten on in the main sale and usually helped someone else in the resale but this year we never got near the page and a friend got our tickets and even our campervan ticket so yes I am slightly panicky about that. Best advice I can give for that is tell people it is awful and that you only do it like some people do endurance events just to prove you can. Tell them the toilets are even worse in the heat and that the line up is awful. Tell them Kylie was too crowded and people were getting showered in hot piss. 

Hopefully if we all do this then it won't be as bad!!

I wrongly assumed that after Glastonbury, I'd stand a chance of actually having productive days at work.  Work is still the same struggle as it was before and found myself staring longingly at the webcam, wishing it was last week again.

The fear has already started to sink in for T Day but I'm confident that I will find a way in, whether by a ticket or volunteering.

But in a massive bit of good news, the director of where I work has just treated me and Mrs Inuit to an all expenses paid holiday to Abu Dhabi  for the Grand Prix in November, so that's taken all of the sting out the post glasto blues!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I wrongly assumed that after Glastonbury, I'd stand a chance of actually having productive days at work.  Work is still the same struggle as it was before and found myself staring longingly at the webcam, wishing it was last week again.

The fear has already started to sink in for T Day but I'm confident that I will find a way in, whether by a ticket or volunteering.

But in a massive bit of good news, the director of where I work has just treated me and Mrs Inuit to an all expenses paid holiday to Abu Dhabi  for the Grand Prix in November, so that's taken all of the sting out the post glasto blues!

woah is that normal for your boss ? How amazing, can I come work there please ?

Just generating ready for a couple of days at work next week, then out to Berlin. A few big holidays later in the year too.

Not sure about attending next year as I really ought to finish my MA and dissertation submissions are around Glasto time.