Mallets or Thatchers?

Padgey

Mallets or Thatchers?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

With Mallets getting the contract to supply the cider at this years festivals what are people's thoughts on the cider from the bars and would you prefer the return of Thatchers?

Personally I prefer Thatchers and would like to see it return in 2020.

17 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Need an option for "can't really tell the difference"

Not being a confirmed cider drinker I can’t really tell the difference, only had a few pints of it this year and that’s only because the bread and roses had ran out of lager or were changing a barrel! It was cold wet and refreshing, did the trick for me! 

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

On a related note I am very proud of myself for making it through the entire weekend without a drop of Carlsberg touching my lips.

Cider Bus, Brothers and the odd San Miguel.

I’m also pretty pleased I managed this. Horrible stuff.

As for the vote - I don’t really drink cider but preferred Thatchers to Mallets. Having said that a couple of cold ciders at the hot points of the day did sort me right out.

Mrs Ommadawn knows a senior person at Thatchers. I think it's unlikely they will be back. Apparently they never made a profit and even on a good year, they only just broke even.

I must admit I find that quite difficult to believe.

17 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Mrs Ommadawn knows a senior person at Thatchers. I think it's unlikely they will be back. Apparently they never made a profit and even on a good year, they only just broke even.

I must admit I find that quite difficult to believe.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s true. I work for a brewery and its very rare you make money from festivals or venues. It’s more about having the exposure of your brands in the hope they’ll then drink them elsewhere.

Bought a Mallets for myself and two others in the Wood bar on the Wednesday. All three of us drank a mouthful, put the cans in the bin and walked off. Never again.

Thatchers will always be better (especially if you can find Dry on tap in a pub).