Corporate Signage - Held at Bay

paulo999

3 hours ago, paulo999 said:

Not sure if this has been reported, but the rainbow ribbon figure above the park was commissioned by Emily. It’s a lovely piece, hope it’s back again in the years to come. 

It's currently due to be there until the next fallow year.

3 minutes ago, august1 said:

It's currently due to be there until the next fallow year.

Out of likes, that’s fab.

That also nudges to Mendip being increasingly favourable on some permanent structures. We know that (the base) of Pangea is applied for. The steel framework of the pier would make sense too.

1 hour ago, mazola said:

❤️ Sausage

I fucking hated that flag

Yeah, it was. 2009. No, never saw that stall again!  

Incidentally, I love flags but only when they are unique. When they’re just some generic shit advert they can fuck off! 

3 hours ago, paulo999 said:

I know a few years ago (some) people here and elsewhere had the knives out for Emily. With little knowledge of her history, why she came back to the farm, they lumped every criticism on her.

I thought that some of the criticism of Emily was sexist. I’m sure she wouldn’t have been criticized so heavily, or had to “prove” herself so much, if she were a man.

Just now, Blueberry said:

I thought that some of the criticism of Emily was sexist. I’m sure she wouldn’t have been criticized so heavily, or had to “prove” herself so much, if she were a man.

That was my take.

Not just here but in other forums.

(IMHO it goes on all over the music industry... female 6 Music DJs taking a unfair slating. :( )

Only other place I remember branding was the Bar on the Green (WG) - interior bedecked in large Carlsberg branding and colours I think? (not just the tanks etc). Stands out cos I don’t think i’ve seen that much in one pace before? (Unless I’m normally just drunk when I go in one of the bigger bars?!) 

all in all though, branding is always something that shocks me when I see pics of other big festivals. Clearly Glastonbury goes to a lot of trouble to avoid this. 

3 hours ago, rawrsomesauce said:

I do wonder what the percentage of flags in crowds being used to advertise is e.g. I saw a fair few Radio X flags this year. 

They were competition winners on the breakfast show.  They already had tickets but they won a competition to have a personalised massive flag made that they had to lug round all day.  Not only that but the poor fuckers had to talk to Chris Moyles on air, not only that but they had to speak to him on the way home on Monday.  Personally I have a job speaking sense to the missus on the way home on Monday.

Edited by SteveTLizard
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, paulo999 said:

That was my take.

(IMHO it goes on all over the music industry... female 6 Music DJs taking a unfair slating. :( )

I agree. I think things are slowly, slowly improving though. It’s thankfully not unusual to see women together at gigs/festivals  now. I was looking at old Glastonbury footage from 20 years ago last night and it was all rows and rows of men down at the front. Back in the day I used to feel I had to justify myself for being at gigs that I wasn’t there just because I fancied the band etc. 

23 minutes ago, paulo999 said:

That was my take.

Even though they are all really brilliant at what they do. I appreciate different styles etc aren't always for some people but they are all very knowledgeable about music. 

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

What I really wanted to do was stand at the bottom and get everyone to strike the same pose as Mr Rainbow and then have a photo of this.

Never had the bottle though

I was sat in its shade for most of Weds afternoon/early eve. Would have happily posed. Already probably in a lot of people’s photos sat so close for such a long time so apologies if I ruined your shot ?

5 hours ago, paulo999 said:

I knew the right person to email (it took two attempts - understandably her obvious address isn’t read)...

Only two attempts? Wow, you're either incredibly gifted or she has an easy address to crack. Or both. Let's run with both. 

As an aside, it took me an inordinate amount of time, spent over a three day / night period to find the password to a site I needed to access realitvely recently. I hasten to add that it was my own account on that site, that I was trying to access. The one good thing that came out of it is that I will never forget that password ever again - barring brain damage, dementia etc

2 hours ago, paulo999 said:

That was my take.

At Green Man last year there was a fascinating interview with Annie Nightingale who discussed the struggles that she had as a woman in the radio industry. She joined Radio 1 in 1970 and it was 12 years before another female dj - Janice Long - appeared on the station.

• Upvote 1