Corporate Signage - Held at Bay

paulo999

I know a few years ago (some) people here and elsewhere had the knives out for Emily. With little knowledge of her history, why she came back to the farm, they lumped every criticism on her.

A few days before the gates opened this year I spotted some corporate banners. I knew the right person to email (it took two attempts - understandably her obvious address isn’t read)...

Ten minutes later she replied to me, briefly, personally - Thanking me for the spot, and saying it would be dearth with.

A few hours later we revisited the place... all covered up.

Feck... she’s the co-mayor of a city of 200k, and can still reply to a resident on point.

Our place is in good hands ?

• Like 1

I agree. She absolutely seems to have her Dad's values and if anything is more forward looking than him. Her attempts to get more diverse line up's etc are fantastic as well.I'm glad so many of the 'risks' this year were so well received as hopefully it makes her job in the future easier. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, paulo999 said:

Not sure if this has been reported, but the rainbow ribbon figure above the park was commissioned by Emily. It’s a lovely piece, hope it’s back again in the years to come. 

I thought that was lovely as well. A nice cheery start to the festival. The Park is my favourite area so it's where I rushed over to as soon as I got there and it made me smile. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I thought that was lovely as well. A nice cheery start to the festival. The Park is my favourite area so it's where I rushed over to as soon as I got there and it made me smile. 

Not my photo, thanks to the Graun photographer/license...

6 minutes ago, paulo999 said:

Wednesday morning? I was up there too, watching the fields fill.

Yes we came in via ped gate c. Got in by 8:30 and was over there by 9am. Was disappointed to find 3 glass bottles there which can only have belonged to crew or traders so started my worthy warrioring straight away by getting them out of harms way. 

2 hours ago, paulo999 said:

I know a few years ago (some) people here and elsewhere had the knives out for Emily. With little knowledge of her history, why she came back to the farm, they lumped every criticism on her.

A few days before the gates opened this year I spotted some corporate banners. I knew the right person to email (it took two attempts - understandably her obvious address isn’t read)...

Signage in the festival you mean, or outside? Sponsored ice cream trucks, something like that?

I think some of the Radio-X flags were spoofs - especially as the one I saw at Pyramid said "Glasto 2018" on it!.

I noticed black plastic had been taped over the branding on the beer tanks behind the bars by the pyramid stage....

50 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Is my photo and shows how early I was up there. Probably the only point in the festival when it wasn't boiling. 

rainbow man.jpg

What I really wanted to do was stand at the bottom and get everyone to strike the same pose as Mr Rainbow and then have a photo of this.

Never had the bottle though

Will it be back next year? Thought it might have been commissioned just for the Pride anniversary as a one off?

Be happy if it though, somehow I completely missed the fact that this existed until I got home and saw pics. More evidence that my head was definitely not in the game this year.

The radio station flags were a bit strange in that they all appeared to be unique and were all within 50m or so of each other by the Pyramid Stage at the same time.  Never saw them elsewhere. 

Probably a group of workers for that station doing a bit of guerilla advertising to keep their boss happy? 

38 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Signage in the festival you mean, or outside? Sponsored ice cream trucks, something like that?

It was inside, but quickly covered. Possible that the banner hangers never even intended it to stay, but main thing it was dealt with. ?

40 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

I think some of the Radio-X flags were spoofs - especially as the one I saw at Pyramid said "Glasto 2018" on it!.

13 minutes ago, Windupradio said:

The radio station flags were a bit strange in that they all appeared to be unique and were all within 50m or so of each other by the Pyramid Stage at the same time.  Never saw them elsewhere. 

Probably a group of workers for that station doing a bit of guerilla advertising to keep their boss happy? 

The Radio X flags were part of an audience participation/promo exercise, they had a big feature about it on the Chris Moyles show leading up to the festival.  They were just listeners who were given flags to take in.  The '2018' one was Moyles' attempt at irony/humour.

As an aside, Moyles was quite vocal about going to the festival every year but never leaves the inter-stage area, until he gets a taxi back to his hotel immediately after the end of the headline set.  So, in my opinion, he's never done Glastonbury at all! What a div!