What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2020

Quark

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

A lottery win would see me buy this one as a holiday home, but of course I'd be registered as permanently resident: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-82544912.html 

I’d just like to say the estate agents wide angle lens has worked wonders for this property ? Looks like a long driveway. Probably is if you own a pedal car. The price is ridiculous and I imagine it will come down in price soon.

However it is in a gorgeous part of the village and Michael would be living just around the corner from you.

lastly we don’t need any more rich w*nkers buying their holiday homes and leaving the houses empty during the week so local services struggle.. not that I thought you would do that. Once you come to Pilton you never leave ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

ive been working on adding some plastic mirrors to the pyramid stage hat this morning ... trying to make it look a bit more professional and trying to improve the duct tape and a few bits of tin foil effect :) .... am still awaiting the lights to arrive from Aliexpress ... also trying to improve the comfort factor ... ive decided this year will be one for upgrades with no massive new features ( at least that's my thinking at the moment :) ) 

On 7/16/2019 at 5:09 PM, deebeedoobee said:

I’d just like to say the estate agents wide angle lens has worked wonders for this property ? Looks like a long driveway. Probably is if you own a pedal car. The price is ridiculous and I imagine it will come down in price soon.

However it is in a gorgeous part of the village and Michael would be living just around the corner from you.

lastly we don’t need any more rich w*nkers buying their holiday homes and leaving the houses empty during the week so local services struggle.. not that I thought you would do that. Once you come to Pilton you never leave ?

It sold! 

And I was planning on winning the lottery tonight too! 

I think I am going to head down Glastonbury way for a few days in a couple of weeks, looking at camping at Ashcombe. So I might go up the Tor, a little walk round the site (if possible) and down/up to Stonehenge.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

It sold! 

And I was planning on winning the lottery tonight too! 

I think I am going to head down Glastonbury way for a few days in a couple of weeks, looking at camping at Ashcombe. So I might go up the Tor, a little walk round the site (if possible) and down/up to Stonehenge.

Plenty of locals to grab for a pint in the apple tree im sure :) 

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Booked the premier inn for a few days pre festival. It’s sold out from the Wednesday onwards. Seems the bbc takes it over. That’s what happened this year. If I don’t get festival tickets will probably still come down to be close to the site! 

Oh my, I can't think of anything worse than being close but not being able to get onsite. If we don't get tickets I'd be more inclined to go very far away. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went away for a couple of days and my 15yo son, who is desperate to go again next year after our first Glastonbury this year, decided we had “signs” from the ticket gods it would be ok because our accommodation was called “The Glade” and we found a pub by accident called the “The John Peel Inn”. From his lips to the Ticket Gods ears ?????

• Upvote 1

made the decision that in October I'll drag my ass out of bed earlier to go to my parents house and use their internet connection while my gf uses ours. I'm convinced we over crowded ours last time which lead to our ultimate failure.

• 2 weeks later...

Run at a light pace as my youngest learns to ride a bike without stabilisers. Took hours, it was hot. Good work for getting between stages in full sun.

Last hour with can in hand which only helps build stamina and balance.

It will be a hot one so I’m thankful for the chance for early training.

I finally submitted my PhD thesis today ? I had intended to do this before this year's Glastonbury, but it wasn't to be....I'm just happy with the fact that I got it in before next year!!

A bit of a shout-out has to go to EFestivals too...  During my fieldwork in early 2017, when I was by myself in the jungle and wondering what the hell I was doing there, this forum and all the buildup to that year's Glastonbury really helped keep me sane ? Arriving home just a couple of weeks beforehand made it all the more magical that year too. Definitely the best one ever in my book!

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I finally submitted my PhD thesis today ? I had intended to do this before this year's Glastonbury, but it wasn't to be....I'm just happy with the fact that I got it in before next year!!

A bit of a shout-out has to go to EFestivals too...  During my fieldwork in early 2017, when I was by myself in the jungle and wondering what the hell I was doing there, this forum and all the buildup to that year's Glastonbury really helped keep me sane ? Arriving home just a couple of weeks beforehand made it all the more magical that year too. Definitely the best one ever in my book!

I cant believe the forum kept you sane :) what were we up to ? :)