What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2020

Quark

I put a holiday request in a couple of months ago but it doesn't mean I'll get it doesn't get looked at until the end of the year and it's not first come first served. I've been successful in the last three tries which were 2017 and 2019 general sale and resale (for a friend) so I'm due a knock back.

3 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Working on the 6th but one of my workmates was this time and got half the office on it and go through quite quickly so I'm not going to stress to soon about it.

It's a times like Tday I wish I worked in an office. Our work computers are so slow. Instead I have booked the week off work leading up to and including the 6th so that I can prepare notepad++ etc.

2 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

It's a times like Tday I wish I worked in an office. Our work computers are so slow. Instead I have booked the week off work leading up to and including the 6th so that I can prepare notepad++ etc.

I'm still tempted to take the day off. I'll see how busy and how things are going in the week before; we try not to do too much on Sundays anyway.

1 minute ago, SighMo said:

I'm still tempted to take the day off. I'll see how busy and how things are going in the week before; we try not to do too much on Sundays anyway.

I can't imagine being in an office surrounded by people if I wasn't succesful. But that's not going to happen to you because all hands on deck right??

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

I can't imagine being in an office surrounded by people if I wasn't succesful. But that's not going to happen to you because all hands on deck right??

Hope so. I remember last time we'd arranged to contact each other as soon as we each got sorted and my friend at work rang me just as I'd got sorted to see if I needed help. One of our group also called me to say he'd tried to enter my workmates details but got bombed out; probably because he was already sorted.....phew, was a stressy 15 minutes.

@Sawdusty Surfer's earlier inside knowledge from the farm regarding FM and posts like the one above have made me start googling volunteer options and whatsapping my mate who works for the co-op. 

@Funkyfairy! - how did the bins go? I think I may have asked you this at the efests meet...but I've had a lot less cider now

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:31 PM, Sasperella said:

@Sawdusty Surfer's earlier inside knowledge from the farm regarding FM and posts like the one above have made me start googling volunteer options and whatsapping my mate who works for the co-op. 

@Funkyfairy! - how did the bins go? I think I may have asked you this at the efests meet...but I've had a lot less cider now

You certainly did :-), and we've all had considerably less cider/gin/vodka now :-) Bins were amazing thank you, really hard physical work, in dust, rain, mud and all weathers but  brilliant . I'm glad the sun came out for the festival as the weekend before it was still raining, therre were puddles and I was in full waterproofs and wellies, Summer well and truely arrived at a perfect perfect time

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Bugger it, were you at the meet Sas?  I must have completely missed you! :(

I was! My name tag kept getting stuck to people though, so I may have been hard to find for some of it. Also, not exactly sure how long I was there for.... maybe we didn't crossover? Shame, as I could have done with another Hopkins buddy (even if it was just to agree how sadly disappointing he was)! I did get to meet some other efest celebrities though :) 

On 7/13/2019 at 12:49 PM, mynameisjonny said:

So what’s the best strategy for organising a larger group. I reckon we’re gonna have a group of 15-20 Glasto virgins. Some kind of spreadsheet system?

We tried for 27 people this year and got through for 12, but previously have been successful for up to 25 people. Tips are:

·         Get everyone into numbered groups of 6, making sure that the 6 people in each group would be ok going with each other if the other groups don’t get tickets

·         Check and double-check that all registration numbers and postcodes are correct well in advance

·         Make sure everyone understands that you need to pay a deposit for everyone in the group if you get through

·         Make sure that people are only in the groups you’re organising and not in any other groups

·         If friends/relatives are trying for tickets they must try for everyone in their friend’s group. If someone gets a ticket outside of their group it blocks the other people in the group from getting tickets because it'll say that someone in that group already has a ticket but it won’t say who

·         On the day have a Facebook messanger/WhatsApp thread dedicated solely to letting people know when groups have got tickets. It’s then easy to see which other groups need help

·         Make sure everyone knows what they’re doing the night before – ticket morning is stressful enough as it is!

Edited by Ruth1980

At the moment, my friends and I are all in conversation about who can actually afford it/wants to do it/has time to do it. There's a lot of babies and weddings flying around as well. I swear if someone books a Stag/wedding/baby shower/engagement party on the weekend of either Glastonbury or ticket day, I'd be at a moral loss of what to do. Either way, I checked my registration last week and updated my address and made sure my number etc is still valid. 

On 7/6/2019 at 9:59 AM, deebeedoobee said:

Long walk home each night though for this one

This on the other hand is 6 mins from the villagers gate. Unfortunately not for sale. Their dog comes to visit us regularly. Just pops in and rolls on the carpet for a bit before snuggling down for a snooze. We then put him on a lead and take him back. His owners don’t seem worried that he has escaped and crossed a very busy road to get to us.

A lottery win would see me buy this one as a holiday home, but of course I'd be registered as permanently resident: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-82544912.html