What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2020

Quark

I have a Glastonbury shopping list on Amazon and my sister bought me an item from it as a belated birthday present - this anker battery - 

https://www.anker.com/products/variant/powercore-speed-20000-[upgraded]/A1278011

This is actually my *second* of these but I have a feeling at least one of my friends will need extra battery power plus I may bring other energy-requiring things so I figure two will be helpful. But to be clear these are both heavy and last forever - planning to keep them at the campsite. 

31 minutes ago, assorted said:

I have a Glastonbury shopping list on Amazon and my sister bought me an item from it as a belated birthday present - this anker battery - 

https://www.anker.com/products/variant/powercore-speed-20000-[upgraded]/A1278011

This is actually my *second* of these but I have a feeling at least one of my friends will need extra battery power plus I may bring other energy-requiring things so I figure two will be helpful. But to be clear these are both heavy and last forever - planning to keep them at the campsite. 

I have one of them. Brilliant. Use it all the time. Take it to hotels as well cos they never have a socket by the bed. You'd definitely get through two if you let others a few charges as well. I just stick mine in me bag and charge during the day. If you leave it over night they just drain. 

• Upvote 1

Sat down and properly worked out my budget for next year. It takes a bit of saving/planning to do the Glastonbury trip from Down Under (especially next year, taking the other half for the first time), so I figured out a way to make it work. Looking forward to booking the flights in the new year!

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Sat down and properly worked out my budget for next year. It takes a bit of saving/planning to do the Glastonbury trip from Down Under (especially next year, taking the other half for the first time), so I figured out a way to make it work. Looking forward to booking the flights in the new year!

As soon as last years finished I started putting a little bit of my pay  into a special savings account each week. Hardly notice it and got the cost covered already.

Got my annual leave approved for Glasto week ?

I've finally learnt my lesson and have booked the Tuesday off for recovery also. Nobody's going to want me back in work that whole week to be honest, as the festival will be the only thing on my mind anyway... much as the weeks leading up to it... much like now.. 

13 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Got my annual leave approved for Glasto week ?

I've finally learnt my lesson and have booked the Tuesday off for recovery also. Nobody's going to want me back in work that whole week to be honest, as the festival will be the only thing on my mind anyway... much as the weeks leading up to it... much like now.. 

Tuesday off always ... im going to need it to recover even if I dont make it :) .... ive been known to take a week off after in the past  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A05D47A9-9CED-40EA-A712-002781A3B537.thumb.jpeg.03869ca72e02b7b1566525d28cc9854c.jpeg

bought myself a VW camper foldable backpack.  A bit naff but I like it and needs a new one anyway! 

strangely enough ive just been sent a link for a backpack .... tempted by this ....https://electrikheelz.com/collections/frontpage/products/futuristic-dynamic-display-smart-wifi-backpack-led-walking-billboard-or-fun-emojis-for-backpackers-skateboarders-or-business

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

That opens up so many possibilities as to what message to put on it!  Walking round the site with geeza  a ticket on it springs to mind. 

That opens up so many possibilities as to what message to put on it!  Walking round the site with geeza  a ticket on it springs to mind. 

Michael and Emily seem to vanish when I show up :) cant think why :) ..... but yes lots of message ideas available 

You really are a sucker for a gimmick!  Enjoy it! ??

Expect to see you at the festival with the leave no trace message illuminated! 

That was absolutely the first message Im going to be programming into it :) .... might be able to add a rubbish bin gif somehow too 

Accomodation bookings are coming along well.  Have locked in AirBnBs in London for six days pre-Glastonbury and in Bath during the festival for our parents and daughter.

Next we need to figure out where to fo for 6 days to recover after Glasto. Somewhere we can fly to direct from Bristol that will suit a two year old..

The trip is coming together nicely!

Just booked accom in Bristol for the 23rd and 29th that's a one minute walk to the coach station. Also booked our coach to and from the festival and our coach back to London on the 30th. We're staying at Worthy View so don't have to sweat it about getting there early. We're on the 11.00am bus which should get us to the festival at 12.15. I figure you might as well sleep in if you have the chance!

We fly back to New Zealand on Tuesday 30th at 9.10pm and our hotel has 12.00pm check out, so I think we'll be trying to catch a lot of zzzzz's after partying hard all week. Also booked us premium seats at the front of the top floor with a table, so we can at least stretch out on the coach before we're stuck in cattle class for 30 hours ?