What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2020

Quark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I brought this handy thing to try and keep me from dropping my phone down the long drops ..... Not that I ever have but I feel like next years prep has been lacking so far .... not even started any fancy dress prep ...

phonehug.co.uk not massively expensive and might make a decent stocking filler :) 

Screenshot 2020-12-05 at 14.28.27.png

Edited by crazyfool1

On 8/2/2020 at 8:13 PM, funkychick2007 said:

Will have to search for it cudnt find it!! The olpro x large 4 person!! Should be more than comfortable for a week long stay rain or shine!! 

On 12/5/2020 at 2:29 PM, crazyfool1 said:

I brought this handy thing to try and keep me from dropping my phone down the long drops ..... Not that I ever have but I feel like next years prep has been lacking so far .... not even started any fancy dress prep ...

phonehug.co.uk not massively expensive and might make a decent stocking filler :) 

Screenshot 2020-12-05 at 14.28.27.png

Update on the tent sent it back as not a lot bigger than the one I have got!! 
love the phone hugger idea!! Next purchase need to update and buy a new phone! 

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know how long, new tents last?!! I’m concerned about waterproofing. I hear waterproofing lasts 18 months. I was wondering if a tents, waterproofing, lasts longer if it has never been used?!🤔

Edited by stt11
Punctuation

3 hours ago, stt11 said:

Does anyone know how long, new tents last?!! I’m concerned about waterproofing. I hear waterproofing lasts 18 months. I was wondering if a tents, waterproofing, lasts longer if it has never been used?!🤔

Really wouldn't worry too much about that. Think the quality of the material and how much it gets used are both much bigger factors than simply age - I've had tents that have been used at multiple festivals a summer over a much longer period than that and have held up perfectly. I've got a can of NikWax spray at home and used to take it to events just out of paranoia, but have never actually used it. Suspect that at this point it's probably expired if they do have dates on them.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stt11 said:

Thanks for the advice!! I’ve got two tents. One re-proofed last year and one, new, last year.  It felt obsessive to be re-proofing both!! continually!!!

I reproof every year even after a dry one .., completely unnecessary though 🙂 ... just habit once I’ve unrolled it to check that it’s all complete and not damaged ... if you do quite a few festivals I do it annually but after 1 it’s likely to be fine 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Whilst we're talking about tent proofing any tips on what to do with one that was left a little too long after the festival....

The mould is gone but the stains I'm guessing are permanent?

I don’t know about the stain and mould problems. But I normally machine wash my tent after a festival. Use the cold setting with Nikwax Tech wash. Then wash again with Nikwax wash-in, waterproofer. You can buy both in a pack of two. Once dry spray the whole tent with Nikwax Tentproofer.