What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2020

Quark

On 2/24/2020 at 2:40 PM, stuie said:

A two minute walk when you're undressed in your tent, especially if it's raining or a muddy festival where your boots are caked up is just an unnecessary thing to go through.   

No harm in using a water tight bottle and emptying it when you get up.

Or walk in the rain - up to you!

The problem I find if I don’t take a piss bottle is I end up lying awake in discomfort not bothering to go because it’s muddy/raining/I’m hungover to fuck/etc. 

Whereas with a piss bottle, I’m up and done in 2 mins and back asleep in 5.

Yesterday I was laid off work because of budget cuts. I feel completely blindsided and have been reeling since. Hopefully I can get things sorted in the next few weeks...as I've been fearing the worst. Idk how I can pay my balance if I don't have a job. This has been a really trying year for me and honestly dont know if I should make the trip either way. 

8 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Yesterday I was laid off work because of budget cuts. I feel completely blindsided and have been reeling since. Hopefully I can get things sorted in the next few weeks...as I've been fearing the worst. Idk how I can pay my balance if I don't have a job. This has been a really trying year for me and honestly dont know if I should make the trip either way. 

Really sorry to hear that @MetaKate - it’s a horrible position to be in. ☹️ Sending positive vibes your way and hope things work out. 

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

All the best, fingers crossed things work out for you . 🤞

As everyone else says ... all the best ... hopefully things will turn for the better over the next few weeks /months and you can make it to the farm .... if you dont though the farm will still be there in years to come so try not to let that be an added stress when getting yourself sorted x

Oh noes! This is terrible news. You'll find something. It will work out. X

6 hours ago, MetaKate said:

@Gnomicide @H.M.V @crazyfool1 @Ayrshire Chris @jimmillen

Thanks for the kind words and support. I'm sure it'll work out... I would hate to not be there this year. 

If you be find a way, it'll be just what you need. Sorry to hear about the job loss ,- I hope something sorts itself out for you.

88416941_185396982901209_6864223312357097472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=aXm6-G_0ZEMAX93Bl4Z&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=75f5d3e4aa9f36b3cd04e203fc91e56d&oe=5E851497
Got a new pair of walking boots! 
Gone for the harder material this time as you can see, but been loyal to the same type of shoe as they were good to me.

I got a different, textile material boot last year, and they were not festival proof at all, my feet were in bad condition after Kendal Calling, an incredibly muddy but much smaller festival than Glastonbury. Glad I made that mistake in a year I didn't have Glastonbury ticket.

They're the top result here if you're in the same budget range as me, and/or want to see other options etc: https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/karrimor/boots

5989D54B-84A1-4570-A949-178C23D64AAF.thumb.jpeg.e1b63a3f9a0ee20e89557ab255002766.jpeg

On the advice/orders of Mrs c I bought a matching bum bag and rucksack but decided against the matching wellies. What I want to know , is this too much? Does it give the impression that I am a bit of an attention seeking pillock, ‘ooh look at me I’m at a festival’. I think I will just stick to my trusty old mud encrusted Nike bag. 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

5989D54B-84A1-4570-A949-178C23D64AAF.thumb.jpeg.e1b63a3f9a0ee20e89557ab255002766.jpeg

On the advice/orders of Mrs c I bought a matching bum bag and rucksack but decided against the matching wellies. What I want to know , is this too much? Does it give the impression that I am a bit of an attention seeking pillock, ‘ooh look at me I’m at a festival’. I think I will just stick to my trusty old mud encrusted Nike bag. 

from 1 attention seeking pillock .... no :) ive matching suit bum bag wellies and bloody great lit up pyramid 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1