What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2020

Quark

I'm considering doing my first trial run batch of flavoured alcohols in the next few weeks. Thinking of trying a pear drop flavour vodka this year after the success of Werthers the year before last. Will not be trying melon and mint again after that disaster (tasted like weird toothpaste and was not even palatable as a Sunday user-upper)

Had a drink in a city centre pub where I am definitely the oldest punter by approx 30 years (age demographic adjustment). Plus the beer is nearly seven quid a pint so that will make Glasto seem really cheap (man maths). On another note - I read this thread, again.

I just went and got my new tent.

Every time I checked GoOutdoors website it wasn’t in stock in my local store (Cardiff) but I noticed it was becoming available in less and less stores. Text my uncle who works for them and he said they are probably discontinuing it and will re-launch it in spring in a new colour - and a higher price.

So took a trip to Bristol this morning just to get it. I actually had some Love2Shop vouchers I won from work this week which GoOutdoors accept so I didn’t have to part with any cash for it either 👍🏼
I’m pretty sure I’ve linked it before but it’s this: https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15903010/freedomtrail-sendero-4-family-tent-15903010

Edited by DareToDibble
Tent link added

21 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I just went and got my new tent.

Every time I checked GoOutdoors website it wasn’t in stock in my local store (Cardiff) but I noticed it was becoming available in less and less stores. Text my uncle who works for them and he said they are probably discontinuing it and will re-launch it in spring in a new colour - and a higher price.

So took a trip to Bristol this morning just to get it. I actually had some Love2Shop vouchers I won from work this week which GoOutdoors accept so I didn’t have to part with any cash for it either 👍🏼
I’m pretty sure I’ve linked it before but it’s this: https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15903010/freedomtrail-sendero-4-family-tent-15903010

Nice. Good weight too for something that size.

On 1/16/2020 at 7:26 AM, Sasperella said:

I've planned my exit strategy and booked most of it! Three of us are heading back to Glasgow so we have sorted a flight at 8.10pm with three day beds at the airport for a little snooze before then. I'm not thrilled at the idea of dealing with a flight on that Monday but it absolutely cannot be worse than the 7 hour train journey from hell I had to sit through last year. 

Oh never thought about flying, I've just booked a national express direct back to Edinburgh.

5 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Oh never thought about flying, I've just booked a national express direct back to Edinburgh.

On the national express, there’s a jolly hostess, selling crisps and tea

she will provide you with drinks and theatrical winks for a sky high fee

the divine comedy!  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, sedra said:

EasyJet Bristol to Edinburgh 1.10hrs. Cheapest £27! 

Ah have already coughed up 100 for the bus so I'll sticks with that.

Do like the lack of stress with the bus, get on earphones in and try and sleep the whole way.

Monday after glastonbury my anxiety would be through the roof trying to negotiate an airport.

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

Ah have already coughed up 100 for the bus so I'll sticks with that.

Do like the lack of stress with the bus, get on earphones in and try and sleep the whole way.

Monday after glastonbury my anxiety would be through the roof trying to negotiate an airport.

Yeh, I'm definitely very nervous about the airport, but I was in a very bad way getting back on the shuttle bus-train combo last year (by myself, with no phone, trying not to vomit or make eye contact with anyone), and having a shower and a little snooze in the airport hotel for a few hours sounds like the least bad option. Plus two of my friends will be there this time so between us hopefully we can negotiate security and boarding. 

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, I'm definitely very nervous about the airport, but I was in a very bad way getting back on the shuttle bus-train combo last year (by myself, with no phone, trying not to vomit or make eye contact with anyone), and having a shower and a little snooze in the airport hotel for a few hours sounds like the least bad option. Plus two of my friends will be there this time so between us hopefully we can negotiate security and boarding. 

Yeah the trains are certainly not something I'll ever do again, fairly traumatic.

3 hours ago, sedra said:

EasyJet Bristol to Edinburgh 1.10hrs. Cheapest £27! 

Dont forget the baggage charges - will probably cost more for your tent to travel than you  🙂  Saying that we have flown to Southampton before to go to Bestival  - even with hold bags it worked out the most cost effective.   

4 hours ago, MaxPower said:

We have done that trip before -  and may well do it agaiin if we manage to get lucky in the resale.  Journey down was good and perfect timing for the gates open.   Return journey not so good - but that was down to us getting a couple of grumpy drivers who really didnt want to do the trip and refused to stop anywhere except to swap drivers -  we rebelled and they relented eventually.     

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

not as yet ... but if I move and end up with a spare bedroom it could quite easily become a Glastonbury themed room ... 

Hope this doesn’t sound too middleclass or pretentious but I am planning a glasto themed summer house for the back garden. Bought a nice sign in Glastonbury town when we were last down and looking at photos etc to pimp it up. My idea of a man shed. 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Hope this doesn’t sound too middleclass or pretentious but I am planning a glasto themed summer house for the back garden. Bought a nice sign in Glastonbury town when we were last down and looking at photos etc to pimp it up. My idea of a man shed. 

to me absolutely not ( but you have quoted someone with a ribbon tower and pyramid hat so im not really representative ) ... i would do similar .... theres a photo floating around somewhere of someone that has a massive stretch of garden fence thats painted with a glastonbury theme ... its bloody incredible ... ill have a look and see if i can find it