What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2020

Quark

I've extended my annual leave to include the full week post-Glasto, and now instead of coming straight back to Liverpool I'm going to head deeper into the south west and stay at my parent's house for a few days. I can't think of any better way to get over the post-Glasto blues than in my own back garden.

Of course, this vision of this blissful week is entirely awash in glorious sunshine and soaring temperatures... If only that could be guaranteed!

I don’t get my annual leave approved till the month of said annual leave or 30 days before, it’s already caused me to have a row with my business manager once but all of my other holidays have been booked 6+ months in advance plus I get more annual leave than my last place the downside being I work bank holidays, Christmas etc etc 

16 minutes ago, Sam_Sharp22 said:

I don’t get my annual leave approved till the month of said annual leave or 30 days before, it’s already caused me to have a row with my business manager once but all of my other holidays have been booked 6+ months in advance plus I get more annual leave than my last place the downside being I work bank holidays, Christmas etc etc 

That seems like a bizarre policy for agreeing annual leave.

30 minutes ago, Sam_Sharp22 said:

Eh? How do you book holidays or flights in advance? 

37 minutes ago, Sam_Sharp22 said:

Does your boss have a stake in travel cancellation insurance companies or something?

23 hours ago, grilladelphia said:

would be interested to see a poll (nearer to the day?) on when everyone is back at work after G

When I was working shifts (and responsible for the rota for my service), I could manipulate the rota so I would be off from the tuesday to the following saturday with it only costing me a couple days of leave. Sadly I don't have that luxury anymore so will probably be off until the wednesday/thursday.

I also don't get as messy as I used to so don't need as much time to recover!

There’s 4 people in our group who all work together, we bought tickets without giving our boss any idea that we were trying, as soon as we secured tickets we all walked in to her office at the same time and told her. Waited to be told no but she was happy to give the 4 of us the time off, probably helped that she attended the festival last year 🤟🏻

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, lukethekid said:

There’s 4 people in our group who all work together, we bought tickets without giving our boss any idea that we were trying, as soon as we secured tickets we all walked in to her office at the same time and told her. Waited to be told no but she was happy to give the 4 of us the time off, probably helped that she attended the festival last year 🤟🏻

Surely a contender for Boss of the Year award?  Did she get tickets for this year? I can’t imagine how it must feel like being a manager, failing to get tickets, and the next morning 4 grinning members of staff stroll into the office and ask for time off for  Glastonbury! 😁

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Surely a contender for Boss of the Year award?  Did she get tickets for this year? I can’t imagine how it must feel like being a manager, failing to get tickets, and the next morning 4 grinning members of staff stroll into the office and ask for time off for  Glastonbury! 😁

my manager is part of my ticket group :) 

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

She’s pretty sound like, she was made up that we’d bagged tickets. She didn’t try this year, would have been an awkward conversation us having secured tickets and she hadn’t, I reckon we might have got a different answer to the annual leave request 😂

• Upvote 1

I've planned my exit strategy and booked most of it! Three of us are heading back to Glasgow so we have sorted a flight at 8.10pm with three day beds at the airport for a little snooze before then. I'm not thrilled at the idea of dealing with a flight on that Monday but it absolutely cannot be worse than the 7 hour train journey from hell I had to sit through last year.